• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I'm not sure I believe him. If they get a faster SoC and ditch the aluminum for plastic, would it really have scored better? I'm not so certain.

I think the main problem lies within the price.

"The cheaper Moto X has a larger 4.7-inch screen, but is physically smaller than the One mini 2. With its side-mounted power button and Active Display notifications, it’s also more convenient. Also costing less is the better-specced Nexus 5, while for the same price as the One mini 2, you could get the bijou powerhouse that is the Xperia Z1 Compact. Then there’s the very real threat of the Moto G, a handset running the same 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, with the same 720p display resolution, and now also the same LTE connectivity as the One mini 2."

And maybe the fact that it's not really a "mini" phone, not even compared to the bigger brother.

1IGCVke.jpg

Cipherr

Yeah I didnt think about the price, thats a pretty big miss by HTC.

htc desing is nice, but it is me or the screen is way too narrow and the device to tall? compared to its rivals.

Tall is because of the extra bezel for the front facing speakers. I think thats going to be an issue for them for a while with some. But I like the tradeoff. I think its worth it.

Groof

terrier

Yeah I didnt think about the price, thats a pretty big miss by HTC.

Tall is because of the extra bezel for the front facing speakers. I think thats going to be an issue for them for a while with some. But I like the tradeoff. I think its worth it.

maybe it is just an optical perception, any site that i can check real screen size?¿ I do not mind if device is taller but if the screen is narrower...

Manus

I'm still blown away the battery life my Note 3 has. I can make it 2 full days on a charge by using it pretty often. Loving this thing,

Mozz-eyes

Banned
So I've been putting my Softbank Aquos 304sh through its paces since Friday. Manufacturer is Sharp.

Aside from the crappy apps that Softbank pre-installs, it's the best smartphone I've ever owned. Loving it a lot more than my Nexus 4 I upgraded from.

Over hype a phone to no end ...but when release..

"Im still happy with _______, I don't think its worth the upgrade. I'll probably wait for (phone that will be hype to no end again)"

*repeat*

occasionally add on the "when will the google edition will be release...then day 1"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

"Im still happy with _______, I don't think its worth the upgrade. I'll probably wait for (phone that will be hype to no end again)"

*repeat*

occasionally add on the "when will the google edition will be release...then day 1"

I did that already. I'm at the point where I can't really wait anymore. So I gotta get something this Summer. Right now HTC Prime leak is the leader in the club house.

*repeat*

Coming from the guy who buys every flagship.

Groof

*repeat*

I'm on a contract until December. I can tell you this, unless Motorola or Google have something really nice in store or something else comes out that surprises us, I will be all over the G3.

Not everyone can afford to buy every phone ever, so we have to reassess if the time comes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm on a contract until December. I can tell you this, unless Motorola or Google have something really nice in store or something else comes out that surprises us, I will be all over the G3.

Not everyone can afford to buy every phone ever, so we have to reassess if the time comes.

Your shit isn't as bad as mine though.

I'm like the Android GAF hobo with my device.

NotBacon

I bet the G3 UI will be even worse than Touchwiz

Yes.

All I'm saying is that onboard flash is much, much faster than even high end SD cards. I would much prefer manufacturers quit pretending flash is expensive and start putting 32/64 GB of onboard flash in phones standard and eliminate SD cards altogether. I mean look at the OnePlus One and/or any iFixIt teardown. Flash is not expensive, it's just a load of shit that Apple made everyone believe.

This.

Don't forget hyping up a new phone to no end, and then when release no one here ends up buying it..

X+1 BELIEVE

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

*repeat*

So true. I call it the Andrex syndrome.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's the point, he puts his money where his mouth is and the rest of y'all are just talk.
Yep. I love his enthusiasm. It's backed by decisions. If he's interested in a phone, I perk up because it's always more than just talk. I don't blame anyone for getting excited for a phone but sometimes, you have to bite before we stop caring about what excites you. Because inevitably, it didn't excite you enough.

Groof

Yep. I love his enthusiasm. It's backed by decisions. If he's interested in a phone, I perk up because it's always more than just talk. I don't blame anyone for getting excited for a phone but sometimes, you have to bite before we stop caring about what excites you. Because inevitably, it didn't excite you enough.
So us who don't have a ton of disposable income aren't allowed to be hyped?

My SO upgraded her phone today, and she got a free Galaxy Tab 3 to go with it. How the hell do I use my PS3 controller on it with an OTG cable? I have one plugged in with the ps3 controller plugged into that. I looked up some apps and google doesn't give me an answer.

I wanna root it, but I'm not sure if it's safe to yet. It's less than a day old for me.

Bboy AJ

You can be hyped and excited. It's just the constant hyping up buying then skipping that's killer. I only get hyped to buy Nexus phones because I know I'm not buying any other phone. Other phones I've anticipated, like XFON, but it's never been to the "day one" hype that I never follow through with.

asdad123

Where can I buy the official Galaxy S5 wireless charging cover? I can't find it in stock anywhere!

I already have a charger from my brothers nexus 4, and would love to just use wireless charging instead of opening up the USB cover and wearing it down.

Also whats the point of a Galaxy S5 active? The regular S5 is already water resistant/proof unlike how the S4 was. Is it just the more rugged look and 3 physical buttons?

Avixph

Where can I buy the official Galaxy S5 wireless charging cover? I can't find it in stock anywhere!

I already have a charger from my brothers nexus 4, and would love to just use wireless charging instead of opening up the USB cover and wearing it down.

Also whats the point of a Galaxy S5 active? The regular S5 is already water resistant/proof unlike how the S4 was. Is it just the more rugged look and 3 physical buttons?
Directly from Samsung.com

asdad123

Directly from Samsung.com

Oh I wish as I have the 50% off coupon from there from registering the S5, however it is still stated as preorder with a delivery time of 4 weeks.

edit: also, I got a galaxy gear neo with this for $150 and its actually pretty cool. I went on a run in the park today as a test and the run tracker was right on point with the mile markers. Battery life seems decent enough for me. Im on 36 hours since I unplugged it and its still at 48%. Ill just plug it in every night with the phone. Its actually very useful when at work that I don't have to pull out my phone when I get a text/email.

That's the point, he puts his money where his mouth is and the rest of y'all are just talk.

I only get hyped for android version releases. There haven't even been rumors yet of what's after kitkat :/ (lollipop?)

Not necessarily. He never keeps 1 phone for longer than 6 months. Hes proving his point on why everyone is gunshy. These phones are big investments. Were not deciding which Gatorade flavor to buy here.

Furyous

Don't forget hyping up a new phone to no end, and then when release no one here ends up buying it..

I'm hype until reviews come out. Then I just deflate so to speak. Either the camera's messed up, software has issues, a gimmick doesn't work, or their release schedule is crazy. Look at the M8 and GS5. I'd be pissed off if I found out about the Prime after buying the GS5. What was the point of releasing the GS5 if the prime was on the way?

Not necessarily. He never keeps 1 phone for longer than 6 months. Hes proving his point on why everyone is gunshy. These phones are big investments. Were not deciding which Gatorade flavor to buy here.

I don't have disposible income either, I just sell the previous phone and buy the phone I believe that's a worthy replacement. I never over hyped a phone, but when I have it in my hands I do tell you guys my honest option, and try not to sugar coat stuff just cause I own it. Some may notice that I actually says a lot of bad stuff about the phone I've owned. I'm never loyal to one brand, and I would quickly jump to the next brand if I find it worthy.

There is nothing wrong about being hype about something but being hype about something then not pulling the trigger makes your opinion skewed. That why android GAF is actually the worse place for someone to ask for recommendation on an android phone.

Sometimes I don't know anymore if someone is serious or not about some things.

For example when I asked about if people actually thought the G3 leaked photo looked nice....and most people response are either hypebole or the opposite side of the specrum ..

And some just recommends phone just because its their favorite brand...

kehs

Banned
I can't change my N7 '13 to ART.

What gives? I just rooted it/unlocked and it won't keep when I switch. It just reverts to dalvik.

Only thing I've done is install Xposed. Is that why?

e: Yup, was Xposed.

I can't change my N7 '13 to ART.

What gives? I just rooted it/unlocked and it won't keep when I switch. It just reverts to dalvik.

Only thing I've done is install Xposed. Is that why?

Yeah I don't think Xposed works with ART.
What ROM are you using? I'm using cleanRom with stock kernal.
I bought the Franco kernal installer from my previous nexus purchase, but when I try it on my N7 13 it feels buggy and not smooth.

I don't have disposible income either, I just sell the previous phone and buy the phone I believe that's a worthy replacement. I never over hyped a phone, but when I have it in my hands I do tell you guys my honest option, and try not to sugar coat stuff just cause I own it. Some may notice that I actually says a lot of bad stuff about the phone I've owned. I'm never loyal to one brand, and I would quickly jump to the next brand if I find it worthy.

There is nothing wrong about being hype about something but being hype about something then not pulling the trigger makes your opinion skewed. That why android GAF is actually the worse place for someone to ask for recommendation on an android phone.

Sometimes I don't know anymore if someone is serious or not about some things.

For example when I asked about if people actually thought the G3 leaked photo looked nice....and most people response are either hypebole or the opposite side of the specrum ..

And some just recommends phone just because its their favorite brand...

Lol really? I get hyped about a ton of shit, doesn't mean I need to go out and buy all of it. I see very little reason to go out and buy a new flagship every 6 months for the sake of because I was hyped for it. It's expensive. Yes I could sell my old phone to cover some of the cost, but I'd still be ending up at a loss for the previous phone.

I was hyped recently for the Note 3, G2, S5, Z2, and G3. Probably will only own one of them. I can't realistically own all 5. They all came out in what? A 10 month span?

People give opinions all the time. Everyone makes fun of the S5 without even ever having touched it and everyone who's had it loves it. And then the people who hate it look for the stupid Moto E video to prove their point. Yea it's dumb, but it's no different than the people who love the HTC One and never end up getting it.

P.S. Lol at anyone who asks GAF about a phone recommendation. Those threads are gold.

Lol really? I get hyped about a ton of shit, doesn't mean I need to go out and buy all of it. I see very little reason to go out and buy a new flagship every 6 months for the sake of because I was hyped for it. It's expensive. Yes I could sell my old phone to cover some of the cost, but I'd still be ending up at a loss for the previous phone.

I was hyped recently for the Note 3, G2, S5, Z2, and G3. Probably will only own one of them. I can't realistically own all 5. They all came out in what? A 10 month span?

People give opinions all the time. Everyone makes fun of the S5 without even ever having touched it and everyone who's had it loves it. And then the people who hate it look for the stupid Moto E video to prove their point. Yea it's dumb, but it's no different than the people who love the HTC One and never end up getting it.

P.S. Lol at anyone who asks GAF about a phone recommendation. Those threads are gold.
That wasn't really directed towards you..I'm talking about some people here who's channeling their inner PXT... Or who ever that xfone dude is..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom