• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Anyone have links to the apks for the new gmail, messenger and google play music apps? Or is Google just randomly rolling out updates for those of us running lollipop?

Anyone have links to the apks for the new gmail, messenger and google play music apps? Or is Google just randomly rolling out updates for those of us running lollipop?
It's a leak. The apps are apparently from lollipop test firmware on the N6. Google's not rolling anything out.

Edit: I'm sure you can find the apks on XDA.

jokkir

Here's the new Calendar

**New Calendar**

f2TlExb.jpg

O7y1I8n.jpg

Q4DtsFH.png

eCV6yc3.png

woeds

The apk's don't work yet without the new framework. We need to wait for someone to combine it all in a flashable zip so they it be used on the Nexus 5 with the Lollipop preview.

jokkir

The apk's don't work yet without the new framework. We need to wait for someone to combine it all in a flashable zip so they it be used on the Nexus 5 with the Lollipop preview.

If the developer is anything to go by, he'll port it to the Nexus 5 too.

SimleuqiR

RAW support in L is going to be huge. Here are some sample shots someone took with an N5:

JPEG output @ 100 ISO:

Edited DNG @ ISO 100

Rest of the gallery here.

Saw this last night on Reddit.
Fucking awesome. I hope that official Google Camera app has a way to have presets saved to it. This way you can calibrate the camera and get the best out of the hardware.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Moto X is gonna take some great pictures then lol. I guess Osiris was right all along. Let see how Project Volta increases battery life.

Turns out to be different optics in the same setup. Moto X is the IMX135 while the Nexus 6 is the IMX210 despite looking the same and sharing the flash ring and such.

Latest Lollipop dev preview has to be damn near OTA cause there isn't a bug in sight.

Using an N5. this is the smoothest thing ever.

And the quiet best feature of Lolli has to be auto 2-step auth for the google accounts that use it.

I think I'm gonna run it on my m7 and I'll DD it until the 2015 flagships drop

You must be confusing me with notbacon or someone else because I've never cruched on lollipop camera improvements.
I thought I remember you saying that Motorola was going to use lollipop to enhance the camera. Or was just for battery life? My bad then.
Turns out to be different optics in the same setup. Moto X is the IMX135 while the Nexus 6 is the IMX210 despite looking the same and sharing the flash ring and such.
Wow I did not know that. But I'm sure the moto X will show similar improvements.

Sony Z3v review. Tons of bloatware from Verizon.http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=ht...91ce2b000084-sony-xperia-z3v-verizon-wireless

RoadHazard

Gold Member

That looks so much nicer than the current Hangouts. Guess I'm switching unless they significantly update the latter. Still a bit flabbergasted at their decision to create a new SMS-only app instead of improving Hangouts or integrating its chat functionality into this new one (which is what I would prefer).

Groof

That looks so much nicer than the current Hangouts. Guess I'm switching unless they significantly update the latter. Still a bit flabbergasted at their decision to create a new SMS-only app instead of improving Hangouts or integrating its chat functionality into this new one (which is what I would prefer).

Really. It feels like Hangouts has been regressing in the design department. Their choices are really questionable.

I feel like I'm locked into some stupid cell with this Galaxy S4 on Verizon... because I have no fucking idea on what I would rather want. I may just suck it up and wait for a Z4. And hopefully a legit Z4 this time, not the fucking stupid one (Z3v).

Toki767

I feel like I'm locked into some stupid cell with this Galaxy S4 on Verizon... because I have no fucking idea on what I would rather want. I may just suck it up and wait for a Z4. And hopefully a legit Z4 this time, not the fucking stupid one (Z3v).

You say that like Sony has leverage on what they can and can't do for bringing over their phones to Verizon.

You say that like Sony has leverage on what they can and can't do for bringing over their phones to Verizon.

I'm not saying it like that. I'm just saying I hope for that sort of thing. Also, why did Verizon leverage the Z2 body and battery instead of the given Z3 phone? That still boggles my mind.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm thinking that it had be carrier and OEM pressure. Can't imagine that they want Google pushing people toward Hangouts, which is potentially a way to get around SMS charges. (Yes, I know the rest of the world uses WhatsApp or Kik or Line or whatever, but I'm American, everyone texts here.)

tzare

I miss heads up notifications on this preview. I also wonder if we can add some extra quick toggles since there's room for two more

reKon

Banned
As much as I love my Nexus 7 (2013), I really wished that the quality control was better on it. I installed one of the patches to help with the erratic touch screen issues a while ago and it worked for a while, but it's been screwing up again recently and I think I need to try one of the other versions of the patch.

Also, I swear performance has gotten worse since the amount of space in the tablet filled up...

The tablet is buttery smooth 95% of the time, but every once in a while when scrolling the home page or navigating within apps, there's a tiny bit of a stutter. It wasn't like this before.

I thought it was only the Nexus 7 (2012) that had its performance effected by the amount of flash memory free...

Anyways, I'm hoping the combination of the touchscreen patch + stock Android L will make this feel like a significant upgrade. If so, I can hold out until around next June and hope that a 64GB variant is announced (and then just be very disappointed again when it's $600 for the LTE version)

Benedict

I thought it was only the Nexus 7 (2012) that had its performance effected by the amount of flash memory free...

How much is recommended?
I have sent in my N7 2012 three times, getting a refurb one the last time, but this is also starting to show problems, rebooting and such.
My problems with all my N7 2012 was that they got stuck in an endless reset/reboot that was impossible to escape from.

I'm thinking that it had be carrier and OEM pressure. Can't imagine that they want Google pushing people toward Hangouts, which is potentially a way to get around SMS charges. (Yes, I know the rest of the world uses WhatsApp or Kik or Line or whatever, but I'm American, everyone texts here.)

Except Apple users. iMessage is essentially what Google was trying to achieve with Hangouts, and Apple was able to leverage carriers into allowing iMessage to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom