• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
A Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition is Coming Soon

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/22/a-verizon-galaxy-note-4-developer-edition-is-coming-soon/

GALAXY-NOTE-4-DEV-EDITION.jpg

munroe

So got a problem with Android/Xperia Z3c, it's quite minor but still bugging me.

The 'myself' contact has become unsynched with my google profile, so beforehand, when messaging someone, my google profile pic would be displayed but now it's just that generic outline. Does anyone know how to re-sync it? Tried editing the 'myself' contact, can't link it with anything and if I try and change the profile pic I can only select from my phone's album.

Pacbois

Seems okay, but isn't there already a dozen lockers who kinda does the same thing ? Also not a fan of bypassing lock for apps like dialer. Moto X active display is still the best way of getting notifications without unlock, love this feature.

I just got Textra as an alternative SMS app as I dislike both AOSP SMS and Hangouts. Seems nice so far and I dig the material design. Hello SMS looked really nice but being ad supported is a bummer (and the "premium subscription" is too expensive to me)

NotBacon

Seems okay, but isn't there already a dosen lockers who kinda does the same thing ? Also not a fan of bypassing lock for apps like dialer. Moto X active display is still the best way of getting notifications without unlock, love this feature.

I just got Textra as an alternative SMS app as I dislike both AOSP SMS and Hangouts. Seems nice so far and I dig the material design. Hello SMS looked really nice but being add supported is a bummer (and the "premium subscription" is too expensive to me)

Lollipop messenger says hi

Ocho

Inbox is pretty cool. Think Mailbox + Gmail. You can set mails to snooze for later (feature I heavily use in Mailbox). New 'automatic' labels are pretty accurate. Finance and shopping, particularly. App is Lollipop style, so beautiful and responsive. You can also set reminders. Emails are more like tasks you complete. It can be a complete replacement for the Gmail app.

Edit: In Purchases there's a thumbnail that says Shipped or Cancelled for some of my Amazon emails.

NotBacon

Well, I just learned Cricket has a speed cap of 8mbps, and knowing ISPs and cell providers that's probably more like 4 mbps. Yeah I think I'll pass.
Does StraightTalk have any hidden crap like this?

kharma45

Seems okay, but isn't there already a dosen lockers who kinda does the same thing ? Also not a fan of bypassing lock for apps like dialer. Moto X active display is still the best way of getting notifications without unlock, love this feature.

I just got Textra as an alternative SMS app as I dislike both AOSP SMS and Hangouts. Seems nice so far and I dig the material design. Hello SMS looked really nice but being ad supported is a bummer (and the "premium subscription" is too expensive to me)

Textra looks nice. Might give it a go myself.

Husker86

Well, I just learned Cricket has a speed cap of 8mbps, and knowing ISPs and cell providers that's probably more like 4 mbps. Yeah I think I'll pass.
Does StraightTalk have any hidden crap like this?

Yup.

I'm assuming you're curious about options with better coverage besides T-Mobile.

Go hassle 3-4 other people to join an AT&T plan like I did. Your payments will be equal to or less than Straight Talk, and no speed limits.

Half joking with the above suggestion, but I was able to convince 3 family members to join my plan and I charge them $40-45/month (my grandpa uses like 25MB a month on his iPhone, I had to give him some sort of discount). It's to all their benefit, as well as my own...you just need to make them see!

Straight Talk pissed me off from the first month I had them (I managed 3 months I think) and I don't ever feel like giving them money again.

this_guy

What makes it better than the t-mobile 5gb $30 plan?

Metropcs is Tmobile service with unlimited voice and text:
$60/month - unlimited data
$50/month - 3gb data (throttled after 3gb)
$40/month - 1gb data (throttled after 1gb)

These prices include taxes and fees, so you don't pay more than the above prices.

Cricket is AT&T service, so generally better coverage than Metro/Tmobile. The 8mb/s throttled speeds are more than fast enough, and they do hit 8mb/s. The only downfall is data goes through a proxy server so pings are higher than AT&T proper.

Jzero

I use the 50 plan with my Nexus 5. the $40 plan sucked because they throttle the speed to less than 1mbps after the 1GB. I may move up to the $60 eventually.

Quasar

Am wondering what the pre-reqs are given my Nexus 4 is incompatible.

These prices include taxes and fees, so you don't pay more than the above prices.

Cricket is AT&T service, so generally better coverage than Metro/Tmobile. The 8mb/s throttled speeds are more than fast enough, and they do hit 8mb/s. The only downfall is data goes through a proxy server so pings are higher than AT&T proper.

I don't know if it's my phone but the 4G for metropcs sucks. It's kinda slow. If I were to switch to the $30 T- Mobile plan, would I face similar speeds since metropcs is owned by T Mobile? I have the $40 plan.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't know if it's my phone but the 4G for metropcs sucks. It's kinda slow. If I were to switch to the $30 T- Mobile plan, would I face similar speeds since metropcs is own by T Mobile? I have the $40 plan.
I am on T Mobil 30$ plan, and using N5. I get about 40mbps down easily.

Jzero

I am on T Mobil 30$ plan, and using N5. I get about 40mbps down easily.

1) So the plan consists of 5GB of 4G LTE data right? Not regular 4G?

2) can i keep my Metro phone number if i get the prepaid?

3) How do payments work? Do I buy a new $30 card every month or what?

What are the features of the $30 plan? i can't find it on their website.

Do you get unlimited 4G LTE or just unlimited 3G?

Also, can i keep my Metro phone number if i get the prepaid?

You can find it online on Walmart's website. The $30 plan has 5gb of 4G LTE with unlimited text and 100 minutes of talk time. I don't know the answer to the last question but I'm on the same boat as you.

Rizific

What is the deal with my moto x not being able to talk and use the internet at the same time? What is that feature called? Its rather annoying and I have 14 days to return this phone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
AT&T just switched me from 10GB a month family sharing to 20GB no questions asked. Amazing.

It just changed on your account overnight? You didn't request a change? I was looking at the 30gb plan that's on sale this month and wasn't sure I wanted to pay the difference, even though it's a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom