• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of you guys on AT&T, that double data promotion on the Mobile Share plan applies to smaller plans as well, e.g. the 1 and 2 GB ones.

I just had them convert me from my old 3 GB plan -> the 2 GB Mobile Share plan, which had the data cap doubled to 4 GBs. All for the exact same price point - my older discounts carried over just fine.

I went through Chat and then asked them to have Retentions call me.

Just thought I'd mention it.

So did they refuse at first before you told them to have retentions call you? I'm on the 2 gig plan as well.

reKon

Banned
Obviously my statement applies to every single person /s

And just the fact that you mentioned rooting means you're a tinkerer. That's fine. A lot of people are. But the vast vast majority of users don't care and just want a pleasant experience out of the box.

Which I had on my HTC One before deciding to root...

XBP

Tmobile has no contracts. That is a $0 0% financing payment plan.

Interesting. So you can basically get any phone for free and pay out the remaining amount if you decide to change carriers? Thats pretty awesome honestly. (Not from the US so I didn't know).

asdad123

So my brother has an att galaxy s5 and out of no where, his camera pictures are very blurry and horrible. It seems like the camera has a problem focusing.

He tried restoring the phone, and updating to the newest software, but still the same so we're figuring it's some failure with the sensor? He has an appointment with the att device center on Tuesday so hopefully they replace it.

One problem though.. His phone says "custom" and has an open padlock whenever it boots up. He did have a custom rom on it before, and used safestrap to install it,but now he's back to stock. The padlock wasn't there when he had the custom rom on it, but when he flashed back to stock and updated it, it appeared. He's no longer rooted so I have no idea how to get rid of that for him. Any idea? Knox has not been triggered according to the service menu.

Talon

This doesn't work anymore, and apparently some of the folks who were promised the upgrade never received it or its limited time only.
I did this on Friday at 11:30 PM, after the deal supposedly expired, and my account is still showing the 4 GB unlimited plan.

In the Slickdeals thread, the only thing people have confirmed is dead is the 10 -> 20. People have been chiming in with successful less (e.g. 2, 4, etc.) and 15+ promotions.

Husker86

Interesting. So you can basically get any phone for free and pay out the remaining amount if you decide to change carriers? Thats pretty awesome honestly. (Not from the US so I didn't know).

Yeah, all carriers offer that now. Usually the full phone price divided by 20 installments. So basically an interest-free loan.

So T-mobile will sell the nexus 6 for free starting november 12th on contact. Pretty awesome deal for someone looking to get a phablet.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t...-to-its-data-strong-network-this-november.htm
I work for tmobile.

Its not free.nothing is ever free. Its 0$ down(WITH QUALIFYING CREDIT) then that proce is the phones cost divided into monthly installments with 0% interest. You're still gonna have to pay the tax on the phone upfront though unless you live in a state with no sales tax.

T mobile has no contracts so if your credit is shot then expect to pay a massive downpayment.

So... I just got a Galaxy S5.

As someone coming from an iPhone 4S, what are the most useful apps I need? Also is there a way to transfer my music with all the cover arts, right artists and such? I'm a bit OCD with those things. :/

Amagon

Is there any go to guides that I can look at to flash and install a custom rom for my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. I'm a noob here.

So... I just got a Galaxy S5.

As someone coming from an iPhone 4S, what are the most useful apps I need? Also is there a way to transfer my music with all the cover arts, right artists and such? I'm a bit OCD with those things. :/

Google Music web app allows you to synch your iTunes library.

But then I'm stuck using the Google Music app, which use the "Cloud", no?

It depends. If you have your music stored in the phone it can play that offline. You can also download (pin) music to your device for offline playback. Or you can stream music. The app is more dimensional than just that. I suggest you get familiar and review all that it offers to determine if it will work for you. I personally like it a lot but I would understand that it doesn't fits your needs.

It depends. If you have your music stored in the phone it can play that offline. You can also download (pin) music to your device for offline playback. Or you can stream music. The app is more dimensional than just that. I suggest you get familiar and review all that it offers to determine if it will work for you. I personally like it a lot but I would understand that it doesn't fits your needs.

It uses the cloud for storage, but you can keep whatever albums, playlists, and radio stations you want on your device for offline listening. It's as simple as tapping the pin next to the item you wanted locally available.

Will try this then. Thanks!

Sch1sm

Is there any go to guides that I can look at to flash and install a custom rom for my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2. I'm a noob here.

Noob, bud, is your Note 2 rooted? Does it have a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP/CWM?) Without those you can't get what you want. This should help with the custom recovery, nandroid backups, and the custom ROM. However, do not, really, don't follow the root section unless you know for sure that the build number is the same as your own. Otherwise you'll brick your device and I don't want to be responsible for that in any way.

I strongly recommend against getting any phones that could be bought from the play store from T-Mobile. I did, and their return policy really sucks compared to Google's. I went through a few faulty nexus 5s (worst QC ever!), going from extreme light bleed to dead pixels to hot pixels, and while this is of course Google's fault, at least Google will replace your phone as many times as it takes to get one that's not messed up. T-Mobile won't do that.

Gambit61

Uhhhhh, something's wrong. How do I have only 1GB free?
how does this even happen

gqThQu3.png

Ashes

Banned
I got this Roxfit slimline book case when I ordered my z3 compact from handtec. (black)

http://www.roxfitstore.co.uk/products/xperia-z3-compact-slimline-book-case

I'm not gonna use it, it's been sitting around. If someone wants its, pay shipping and it's yours. Just send me a pm and I'll send it out. I'm in the states.

How much is shipping to the UK?

Not that I want absolutely want it... but black's better than the one I currently have.

I really want the official smartcover one or one that looks that smartcover.

kehs

Banned
How much is shipping to the UK?

Not that I want absolutely want it... but black's better than the one I currently have.

I really want the official smartcover one or one that looks that smartcover.

I'd assume like 10 bucks minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom