• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was Sony's problem all along. By time they get shit out in NA it feels expensive relative to the release time frame.
It's a shame really. If this was released in September or early October I would've gotten it. And the 32gb option of the Nexus 6 is cheaper than the Z3 (though there is a 10% discount for students).
They should've made it a tad bit cheaper.

Furyous

I had to return the G3 because of overheating issues and battery life concerns. I want a new smartphone but don't know what to choose. The N5 is out of stock which makes me sad. I want the Moto X but worry about the lack of SD card. The OPO is under consideration for the price alone and if someone wanted to bless me with an invite that would be great, not that I'm begging because I'm not.

What smartphones are going to be announced early next year? I need to know so I can save up for them.

I had to return the G3 because of overheating issues and battery life concerns. I want a new smartphone but don't know what to choose. The N5 is out of stock which makes me sad. I want the Moto X but worry about the lack of SD card. The OPO is under consideration for the price alone and if someone wanted to bless me with an invite that would be great, not that I'm begging because I'm not.

What smartphones are going to be announced early next year? I need to know so I can save up for them.

Z4 in January. One M9 prob in March and S6 in April. Something like that.

Hasney

Man, Sony comes out with new phones fast.

Allegedly, Z4 would be the last of the 6 month cycles.

If they were smart, I think they should rotate the Z and the Z compact every 6 months, similar to the Galaxy S/Note (although I think they're less than 6 months apart?)

NotBacon

If you don't get the M10, you're a pleb.

lol G3

NotBacon

Best Qi charger? I don't want one that will overheat my phone or be difficult with placement on the pad. The CHOE looks nice... experiences?

Furyous

If you don't get the M10, you're a pleb.

lol G3

My issues with the G3 were the unexpected ones. I thought the SD card slot would work out of the box. I thought it would be easy to backup everything with the LG software. The overheating issue was an acceptable character trait because it kept me warm. The white colors aren't nearly as bad as they look on camera. However, the device overheats at 100 percent brightness.

I'm first in line for a G4, Moto X3 (with SD Card slot, please?), M9 or random GPE device next year.

Which Android OEM releases a device with 128 GB flash storage and SD card slot? It has to happen at some point.

NotBacon

My issues with the G3 were the unexpected ones. I thought the SD card slot would work out of the box. I thought it would be easy to backup everything with the LG software. The overheating issue was an acceptable character trait because it kept me warm. The white colors aren't nearly as bad as they look on camera. However, the device overheats at 100 percent brightness.

I'm first in line for a G4, Moto X3 (with SD Card slot, please?), M9 or random GPE device next year.

Which Android OEM releases a device with 128 GB flash storage and SD card slot? It has to happen at some point.

Bruh, get on the N6 train and utilize "cloud" services

kehs

Banned

128 gb internal is at least a year out, but nearly all devices with sd cards can accept 128 gb sd cards.

DarkFlow

Banned
Wait, what's this shit.. just looking on the AT&T site.. they are going to charge me $25 more a month if I buy a phone on a 2yr contract now? ..but I can save that $25 a month by doing the AT&T Next BS.

Damn... AT&T.. that's some shady shit.

AT&T NEXT is the shit. It's a damn interest free loan, what's BS about that?

shoulda went for Note 4

Toki767

Why would you put it at 100% brightness?

Anyway, most of the phones you list are not going to be out till like April the the earliest. Not even sure if anything is scheduled for the first 3 months.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
AT&T NEXT is the shit. It's a damn interest free loan, what's BS about that?

I'm just mad my rate plans going up no matter what. But I did the math.. you save money even if you keep the phone the whole time on Next over buying the phone on subsidy and paying the $40 fee. So yup, basically an interest free loan.

Guess had to know the subsidized phone + same rate plan was ending due to what T-mobile has been doing.

So... GAF.. I'm giving up on the OPO.. and honestly the more I read about their customer service the more it doesn't sound worth the trouble..

so Note 4 or Nexus 6... Nexus 6 probably will be cheaper with Next.

Wife got the Note 4 today.. and it's pretty nice.. but a pure Android on the Google sounds like a better option... and it's landing on the 12th?

I'm just mad my rate plans going up no matter what. But I did the math.. you save money even if you keep the phone the whole time on Next over buying the phone on subsidy and paying the $40 fee. So yup, basically an interest free loan.

Guess had to know the subsidized phone + same rate plan was ending due to what T-mobile has been doing.

So... GAF.. I'm giving up on the OPO.. and honestly the more I read about their customer service the more it doesn't sound worth the trouble..

Wife got the Note 4 today.. and it's pretty nice.. but a pure Android on the Google sounds like a better option... and it's landing on the 12th?
You have your answer then. Embrace Google, let it become the very essence of your inner being. Gaze at the beauty of Material Design. Go Nexus.

your wife sounds amazing, she's a keeper. don't fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom