• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajpw

I am serious. You need to definte things. What do you mean by take full advantage?

All of this is just vague conjecture without any real substance.

yes yes it is indeed conjecture and speculation, i do not claim to know googles inner workings!

but you know what google are like

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
yes yes it is indeed conjecture and speculation, i do not claim to know googles inner workings!

but you know what google are like

We know how AOSP and the Linux kernel works though, and we know how 64 bit computing works and that Android L has 64 bit binaries.

Is this an actual problem for you now? Do you feel you get a ton of app refrshes? How much RAM do you currently have? 2 gigs? 3 gigs? Are you the type of person to gave a gazillion chrometabs?

There is no right or wrong answers to a lot of what I am saying, but I am asking to think specific and not just look at oh 4 gigs is more than 3.
Just asking. 3gb is more than enough for me since my current phone has 1gb of ram. I typically have like 10 tabs open in chrome.

I agree with your overall sentiments. People who itch for larger numbers will never be satisfied. Hell, Apple is able to squeeze by with 1gb of ram their phones.

Vanillalite

If you all want I'll wax poetic on how Android is diff than iOS or even Windows or Ubuntu or OSX, and how in this specific case it's a boon to Android in an area where I usually give Google shit. This is with regards to 64 bit FYI.

I'll be a non technical as possible while sheding mad insight.

DarkFlow

Banned
If you all want I'll wax poetic on how Android is diff than iOS or even Windows or Ubuntu or OSX, and how in this specific case it's a boon to Android in an area where I usually give Google shit. This is with regards to 64 bit FYI.

I'll be a non technical as possible while sheding mad insight.

You do you.

Vanillalite

yes which will all be taken advantage of in the next major version of android

which is what i originally said

Factually untrue given how Android is setup and ART works assuming you mean the next version of Android AFTER L and not L as the next version of Android.

ajpw

Factually untrue given how Android is setup and ART works assuming you mean the next version of Android AFTER L and not L as the next version of Android.

the next major version after L i mean

android 6 like i originally said (or whatever its called)

thespot84

also what is a new phone 3 months from now really going to offer that a phone now doesn't? screens are good, cameras are good, the software is fast.

It's not like it was a few years ago where each iteration was a major improvement. Just buy something you like now and enjoy it.

Buy a new phone, stop reading android blogs.

Nice find. A mid-range phone getting Android 5.0 before a Nexus. Hysterical.
Damn. I wish Sony would surprise us Z users like this.
2015 is so far away.
Everything seems far away now :p

I should note that this update is a soak test ( Basically a beta to find any bugs) than the official release. If all is well, Moto users will get it a day or two after. Still fantastic. I applaud Motorola for this. Really awesome.

Is there a way that my friends on iOS can send calendar invites that go to my google calendar?

I swear I had a friend send me an invite and I got a popup on my Nexus 5 that I could accept or decline just like the iOS invites. But now I cant seem to get it to work.

If only Motorola didn't cheap out on the Moto X with the battery, storage, and camera, then it would be the best phone ever made.
120% agree. If they didn't skimp on the camera and battery, I would've gotten it. Pisses me off every time I think about it.

So the Droid turbo is the best phone ever made?
Maybe if Moto released it worldwide, yeah. Stupid thing is Verizon exclusive in the U.S. I love the feel of the Ballistic Nylon.

reKon

Banned
Is there a way that my friends on iOS can send calendar invites that go to my google calendar?

I swear I had a friend send me an invite and I got a popup on my Nexus 5 that I could accept or decline just like the iOS invites. But now I cant seem to get it to work.

There should be. The ICalendar (I think it's by coincidence that it's called ICalendar) format is a standard format that all calendar applications have adopted. It might be something that they need to do on their end.

So the Droid turbo is the best phone ever made?

Raptor.jpg

There should be. The ICalendar (I think it's by coincidence that it's called ICalendar) format is a standard format that all calendar applications have adopted. It might be something that they need to do on their end.

Raptor.jpg

I think I figured it out. I had to log into iCloud.com and change some settings there, which is stupid that I couldnt do it on my iPad. haha.

I remember getting a notification that had 'accept/decline/maybe' before though, now I just get an email, or I can go into my calendar and do 'yes/no/maybe'.

hmmmmmm

So I kiiiiiiiinda just got a Moto 360 for free.
Yeah.
What should I do with it? Just set it to charge after setting it up to read my phone. Are there apps or things to do with it?

Vanillalite

Nexus teams are supposed to be separate from the regular teams. LG/Samsung/HTC never got early access.

Moto was owned by Google for the whole year until like a month ago. Not surprised if they had access even beyond the Nexus team.

3phemeral

So I kiiiiiiiinda just got a Moto 360 for free.
Yeah.
What should I do with it? Just set it to charge after setting it up to read my phone. Are there apps or things to do with it?

Charge it first before setting it up. Once it's full, then install/update everything.

There's not really much to do in terms of adding apps other than Wear Mini Launcher, which (for me) isn't really ideal. It actually gets in the way most the time unless I'm looking for a very specific thing.

Google Fit is now available, so download that. Runtastic is now compatible with Google Fit in that it shares your workout data.

Note-taking apps: Google Keep or Evernote.

If you want, you can pin your Google Music tracks to your watch and listen to music via Bluetooth directly from your watch without any phone requirement, but there's a heavy battery penalty in the amount of 1% drain every minute.

There are some watch faces you can download, but the default ones I find are perfectly acceptable for me.

Moto was owned by Google for the whole year until like a month ago. Not surprised if they had access even beyond the Nexus team.

There's been interviews with the Motorola Moto X team stating that for the first gen Moto X, they had to submit a request for access to the new Kit Kat build just as any other OEM. They were treated no differently (if they're to be believed).

google just don't care no mo'.

Want a nexus 6? good luck. want lollipop on a 5? lol. But don't worry I heard they're making balloon internet. Coming to a stratosphere near you.

Meanwhile you can purchase the Motorola Moto G™ Android Device from Motorola Inc™ which will get an official Android 5.0 Lollipop™ release very soon. Or if your fancy is larger devices with average battery life Motorola Inc™ has you covered with the Motorola Moto X(2014)™.

oldmario

anyone know if there's a way (besides adding the email into a contact) to give gmail emails from certain senders some sort of icon on the drop down bar

Keyouta

wBDXnbJ.png

Does anyone have any idea on how to get Google Translate to spot repeatedly inputting in text?

Has the google keyboard auto correct started repeating words for anyone else? Like it will put two of the same word together when you try to move to the next word like moviemovie or movmovie like it cuts off part of the word and then repeats. It seems like it's only started with the last update.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, not an android problem, but I'm wondering if anyone here could help. Was playing around with all access and accidentally selected a folder to upload which I didn't want uploaded. Is there a way to stop this? I might be going crazy but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it, which you would think would be the most obvious thing to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom