• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Will post after I hear real impressions from him. He just said he got the update when we were all doing the family BBQ, and his only real comment was def looks different. Didn't say if he was better or worse.

trifelife

What happens if you open the app without being logged into a Google/G+ account? Does it refuse? Can't be used as just an offline gallery?

Disabled the Google+ app when I first flashed 5.0 and Photos refused to work. Now have G+ enabled but not logged in and it works fine.

So I got the OnePlus and I kinda feel like its too big (coming from a N4).

Might go check out the Xperia Z3 compact at the sony store today...

am i crazy?

Mindwipe

am i crazy?

Nope. It's probably just too big. People have different hand sizes, and more importantly different usage models (the "don't use the phone one handed" crowd don't live in England. I need to hold it one handed as I will have an umbrella in the other hand).

tzare

Hey guys, I have a question, what happens if I disable Google play services background data when not in Wi-Fi? What apps would stop working properly? Basically I am interested in instant messaging appa like WhatsApp and hangouts. Would those still work?

am i crazy?

Its a double edged sword. I love the extra screen size, but I miss the size of my Galaxy S4 and how easy it was to use one handed. I've gotten used to the bigger size and now stuff like the S4 feels tiny in comparison. I didn't realize appreciate how big the phone was until I saw it in my pocket in a picture.

Mindwipe

Hey guys, I have a question, what happens if I disable Google play services background data when not in Wi-Fi? What apps would stop working properly? Basically I am interested in instant messaging appa like WhatsApp and hangouts. Would those still work?

Whatsapp uses it's own background data service IIRC, but Hangouts wouldn't give you any notifications.

zatara

Stupid test regarding the iPhone, you can use the 2A iPad charger for much better results. This would be like them not using the turbo charger on the Moto devices.

Last time I checked the Nexus 6 comes with a turbo charger, my 6 Plus didn't come with an iPad charger

RedFyn

Those are 2 very illogical points, sirs. Don't let your love of Googy blind you from the truth.
It's ok to spend more to achieve different results for the iPhone but not other devices? I think it would've been nice to include that information post script but to expect it is unfair.

whaddayaknow;
PhoneArena said:
Recharge times are also not on par with most Android flagships as the Snapdragon 400 system chip that the Moto G runs on does not support Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 technology.

NotBacon

All of you guys stop
220px-British_shilling_1963_reverse.png

PhoneArena said:
Recharge times are also not on par with most Android flagships as the Snapdragon 400 system chip that the Moto G runs on does not support Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 technology.

OH SNAP SOMEONE GET FACELESS

thespot84

Is Google's 2-step verification not compatible with older Android versions? I've just enabled it and logged in on my KitKat smartphone without any problems but for the life of me didn't manage to do so on my fairly old secondary device which runs on Gingerbread 2.3.7

you have to use an app specific password which you can generate on a pc.

Groof

Forgiveness please, my Nexus 6 flag-bearing brethren. Adulthood and responsibilities got the better of me, thus I had to cancel my pre-order.

However, I have not left empty handed. For I am now a proud owner of this:

Forgiveness please, my Nexus 6 flag-bearing brethren. Adulthood and responsibilities got the better of me, thus I had to cancel my pre-order.

However, I have not left empty handed. For I am now a proud owner of this:
still good

I'm waiting till the first good stock running phone of 2015 comes out. Lets see how long that takes :(

Stupid test regarding the iPhone, you can use the 2A iPad charger for much better results. This would be like them not using the turbo charger on the Moto devices.

they use the included charger. if we're including extra accessories, might as well say phones with removable batteries charge instantly since you can swap a battery.

It's ok to spend more to achieve different results for the iPhone but not other devices? I think it would've been nice to include that information post script but to expect it is unfair.

whaddayaknow;

they should actually try it with their Nexus 6 charger since Qualcomm's site says otherwise about the SoC. email them!

Wreav

Banned
they use the included charger. if we're including extra accessories, might as well say phones with removable batteries charge instantly since you can swap a battery.

again, terrible argument. if the battery supports rapid charging out of the box, that is the metric the phone needs to be measured on. Not if the OEM is a greedy bastard that sells the rapid chargers separately. Most people don't pay attention to the "in hand feel" portion of reviews, because they know they're going to get a case anyways. same concept.

again, terrible argument. if the battery supports rapid charging out of the box, that is the metric the phone needs to be measured on. Not if the OEM is a greedy bastard that sells the rapid chargers separately. Most people don't pay attention to the "in hand feel" portion of reviews, because they know they're going to get a case anyways. same concept.

they weren't testing our wallets, they were testing OEM configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom