• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like Samsung are legitimately trying to emulate Material design, but they're just too fucking lazy to learn the fundamentals of it. As I've said, it's like they think it involves nothing more than adding solid blocks of bright colors.

The layering and the animations that are the meat and potatoes of the Material design philosophy - there's none of it in Samsung's version.

tzare

Well not good, but not horrible either, will use Gel launcher and that is it. As long as they keep the notifications like current lollipop i am fine, it is a step in the right direction but not enough.
Note 4 here. But in the end it is like current TW with a few apps kinda materialized, as well as settings menu.

Oh, and please change that horrible phone icon

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That quick settings palette is vomit inducing

It won't stop me from picking up the Note 4, but still, pls Samsung

dc89

Spent the day with a Moto 360 on my wrist. Damn, it's a real impressive piece of tech. As someone who openly said (to friends and colleagues) I can't see a smart watch ever appealing to me or being useful I now find myself eating crow.

Wreav

Banned
Buying a Samsung phone is equivalent to buying a sleep number bed that has been covered in feces, and then saying, "well yeah, it might have shit all over it, but man, the mattress is best in class".

tumblr_lj6w10xn311qe0prco1_500.png

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
don't do it man, it's time to say no to touchwiz. Put the nail in that coffin. Fight the powa.

I've never used touchwiz before. This will be the first mistake I experience with Samsung

This is why we still have Touchwiz. You can't simultaneously say a product is shit, buy said product, and expect Samsung to think that people hate their product.

Well I don't think the product is shit, just some parts of the UI are shit.

Avixph

Yuck. I mean, it's better than the awful mess they made out of KK, but still damn hideous compared to stock Lollipop. Do they actually think this looks better than Google's design? If they do, they must be out of their minds or just have horrible taste.
Samsung never releases their full version of their version of Android+ Touchwiz before they release their latest flagship phone (which in this case would be the Galaxy S6).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
TouchWiz looks better than stock though.

I don't believe anyone in the entire world actually thinks this. I just can't.

At least they don't have that fuck ugly messaging app UI anymore:

The only way that look good to anyone is if they've never used a phone in their life.

Yeah, that thing is so damn hideous I don't even know what to say about it. Except perhaps WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Nah, dude. Lollipop is pretty ugly. ICS, JB, and KK all look better than any OEM skin and the look of stock Lolli.

Ok, you're clearly crazy. ICS looking better than Lollipop? That's just... no. (ICS does still look better than TouchWiz ever has, though.)

TouchWiz looks better than stock though.

Frankly I don’t give two shits about how they look in relation to one another. Only thing I know is, I fucking hate this blinding white theme of Lollipop. But that’s of little consequence. The only thing that matters right now is the loss of important granular controls due to the uncertainties of Xposed going forwards. Lollipop also breaks a lot of stuff that matters to me. Various shit like secure settings and custom tasker scripts I have come to depend on. Until that changes, fuck Lollipop tbh.

kehs

Banned
Frankly I don’t give two shits about how they look in relation to one another. Only thing I know is, I fucking hate this blinding white theme of Lollipop. But that’s of little consequence. The only thing that matters right now is the loss of important granular controls due to the uncertainties of Xposed going forwards. Lollipop also breaks a lot of stuff that matters to me. Various shit like secure settings and custom tasker scripts I have come to depend on. Until that changes, fuck Lollipop tbh.

I thought buddy was waiting for art to be "official" so he could finally support.

Android devs™

SimleuqiR

At&t ...sigh.

Big Blue has put its logo and jingle on the boot screen (displaying for a few seconds before the stock Android boot animation). Motorola has, in recent years, had a special block partition called "logo" on its phones that is used specifically for flashing carrier logos and sounds to display during boot. This allows the carriers to brand the boot screen while not having to tamper with the actual software. The Nexus 6 is no exception, and this is exactly how AT&T managed to do this.

-PXG-

I got mine from T-Mobile. It had one TMO app pre installed. I uninstalled it immediately. I don't remember my Nexus 5 having any carrier apps at all

NotBacon

Dat uber-minority opinion. Xposed is bad and you should feel bad.

Dat uber-minority opinion. Xposed is bad and you should feel bad.

Ah, dat-uber corporate cocksucking zeal. Don’t mind me boy, you carry on what you’re doing. There’s no need to stop. You get your good head back down and let me worry about determining what’s good or bad myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom