• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that doesn't care much about speakers on a phone. I feel like they've always been good enough. I rarely ever use the speakers outside of a quick youtube vid that someone might link to online. When I owned an HTC One it was great but it seemed like overkill/unnecessary but maybe that's because my usage isn't meant for something like that. On a tablet it's a different story though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Am I the only one that doesn't care much about speakers on a phone. I feel like they've always been good enough. I rarely ever use the speakers outside of a quick youtube vid that someone might link to online. When I owned an HTC One it was great but it seemed like overkill/unnecessary but maybe that's because my usage isn't meant for something like that. On a tablet it's a different story though.

Good speakers are a great bonus, but never something I would base a decision on.

He meant good ones

then he shouldn't have replied to me.

Like I said, front facing speakers are better. Much clearer. I never mentioned the Nexus 6.

doesn't matter if you mentioned it or not. it's implied by you quoting and replying to me. HOLDAT L DEARLY.

Okay, that doesn't say anything about the speakers, just the amplification when you plug in headphones.

Oh and everyone who has the Nexus 6 says the speakers are plenty loud and clear.

Not that the real world matters or anything...

we covered this already with the screen. it doesn't.

NotBacon

we covered this already with the screen. it doesn't.

Considering everyone who has gotten their Nexus 6 says it's bright and glorious, I'd say it does.

The Nexus 6 has its flaws, but the screen and speakers are definitely not some of them.

But don't let that stop you from holding onto that pre-release FUD for dear life.

Hasney

Sorry to interrupt the worlds most pointless battle, but can someone recommend me an alarm app? Loving this L clock, but the days I select to repeat differ from what it says it will repeat on.

Hasney

Seems to be fine here. Actual app was super smooth and the alarms I tested worked fine, even in conjunction with Do Not Disturb thankfully.

Logitech UE BOOM x2 means i don't either.

Quasar

Good speakers are a great bonus, but never something I would base a decision on.

Yeah. I care much more about the audio quality it outputs through the headphone jack. Hell I care more about that than cameras which I barely even use (I have a proper camera for photos).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What is the next mid-range device coming out? Something along the lines of Moto X. I have been trying to order a Moto X for the past week, and everyday they push back the "in stock" date. To the point where I have given up (plus lolipop on N4 might help the wait for a new phone).

Haven't people been complaining about Timely's performance on Lollipop?

I haven't noticed any problems.

What is the next mid-range device coming out? Something along the lines of Moto X. I have been trying to order a Moto X for the past week, and everyday they push back the "in stock" date. To the point where I have given up (plus lolipop on N4 might help the wait for a new phone).

It seems like Motorola is having manufacturing issues in general. I tried ordering both the Nexus 6 and Moto X. In the case of the Nexus 6, it's available for like 30 seconds and it's gone which is royally pissing me off. I then tried the X and the estimated time is in December. What? I feel like pulling the trigger on a Z3.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It seems like Motorola is having manufacturing issues in general. I tried ordering both the Nexus 6 and Moto X. In the case of the Nexus 6, it's available for like 30 seconds and it's gone which is royally pissing me off. I then tried the X and the estimated time is in December. What? I feel like pulling the trigger on a Z3.

Ahh that might explain it then. I went to order one last Friday, it told me it would be available Nov. 21st. That changed to the 24th...then to the 25th, 26th, 28th, Dec. 1st and now Dec. 2nd.

The Light

I'm thinking about moving on from my lumia 521 and finally getting an android. Looking to spend around $200. Would the Moto X 2013 be a good buy?

Hasney

OK, my battery currently lasts 2 hours. Think I better go search that thread on XDA for a fix. If I wanted a Moto X, I would have bought one.

Just a joke, please don't start getting angry. Look, someone praising the Note 4! *runs*

Symphonia

Banned
Similar to how I got on the S4 on release day. £35 with 800 texts and unlimited data. Far too good.
Exactly. I know getting the S5 so 'late' after launch is stupid, considering the S6 is around the corner, but I'm in need of a new phone, and £35/pcm was too good an offer to pass up. I can always sell it on if I need to.

tzare

I really like Lollipop and it might hold my interest for more than a year. I just really wish Google had updated the Nexus 5 this year instead of unleashing that huge and ugly monster. I don't need a huge screen with quad HD resolution and 3 GB of ram and whatever else is hot right now. Just give me the same bright red 5" phone with a better camera and twice the battery life and I'm happy. Oh, and a glance screen with double tap to wake.

But no one else seems to be interested in a device like that.
i was. But nexus 6 is too big. So it was note 4 or z3. Note 4 won. No regrets so far, awesome device despite some TW moments. And camera is awesome. And i really use it with my daughters. More than 15k photos a year. And since camera is like chrome, it kills battery, i can shoot now without worries.
I also don't think it is a priority. It is a nice bonus though. I think note 's 4 speaker is okay. It is loud enough and made me realise how low sounds my nexus 5 one.

PriitV

Does anyone know what stand this is? I need one.
iZ5NL2J.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Lollipop absolutely fucked up volume controls. Listening to music or watching a video while Chromecasting? Pause the Chromecast, wait a bit, then adjust volume. Want to adjust video volume while in a YouTube pop up? Wait a bit, then adjust volume. Countless other similar issues.

It's fucking annoying.

kinggroin

Banned
Thought there was something up with my wife's N6. Yeah its stupid.

Was watching a video on it and wanted to drop notification volume.

Press volume rocker? Video sound affected
Press and hold power for sound mode? Turn Off

I like the aesthetic design of L, and the performance, but this is starting to feel like windows 8 of android iterations with these step backwards in functionality

Hasney

Damn. You can't move app data to the SD card at all in Lollipop? No point having this 64GB card now, going to swap it when I get the New 3DS.

tzare

No. It's the same as it's been for a few versions. Apps are allowed to put data onto the SD card, but can't be installed to the card.
here is when depending on the manufacturer you have a file explorer that allows to move content from and to SD. Samsung and Sony have for example. At least in kit kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom