• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck AMOLED displays. Been using a temporary S3 and on dark theme GAF there is insane purple ghosting when scrolling. Mostly on the username/avatar sections of each post.

How is this a thing? :/

I've never seen anything like this on the AMOLED displays I've played with. Sound like you have a bum one.

Oh wait, I'm in AndroidGAF, what I meant to say was fuck Samsung, everything Samsung is shit, Samsung killed my dog, etc.

co1onel

I hate lollipop on my nexus 5 so far.

Going back to home screen has a huge dumb load time now, chrome crashes, chrome makes pocket casts shut off/crash.

Bleh!! Everything just seems a little worse now with lollipop.

PS. I also hate the bug where if I press space twice for a period it deletes the last lette . letter.

Restart your phone, should fix it. At least for a day or two...

Hasney

I've never seen anything like this on the AMOLED displays I've played with. Sound like you have a bum one.

Oh wait, I'm in AndroidGAF, what I meant to say was fuck Samsung, everything Samsung is shit, Samsung killed my dog, etc.

People are saying the same thing about Nexus 6. So yeah, fuck Samsung.

tzare

Guys,do you know if it is possible to use oleophobic coating on a screen protector? I bought one for my note and is fine but it gets dirty easily. If so, any recommendations?

snacknuts

we all knew her
PSA: Motorola announced their Cyber Monday deal, and it's $140 off a 2014 Moto X (off contract). Like last year, you have to register to get a discount code. Details here.

Google Play service updated to 6.5. Life is Good. I wonder how reliable trusted places is, but that's the shit I've always wanted. Location aware sound and notification settings should be next.

Now it's stupid question time. How comes that Google Now is just a creepy web stalker on my phone? Whenever I ask it questions regarding my phone, it always initiates a web search. For example, I ask it to show me all my reminders and get a web search. I ask it about my next appointments and get a web search. What's the problem?

tzare

Trusted places should have WiFi trusted sites instead. The 100m radius is too big. I could be in the bar next to my house and have phone unlocked. Makes no sense

Husker86

I will take a video of my mom's GS4 sometime. I've never checked if hers had the problem, but I guarantee it does. I will show you it scrolling white text on black next to an LCD phone.

This wasn't an intermittent issue, at least for the GS4. It was widespread.

Hasney

I will take a video of my mom's GS4 sometime. I've never checked if hers had the problem, but I guarantee it does. I will show you it scrolling white text on black next to an LCD phone.

This wasn't an intermittent issue, at least for the GS4. It was widespread.

Yup, I think every AMOLED has it. I don't mind it though, I don't like dark themes :p

obin_gam

have an Xperia Z3 Compact.

The Stamina mode thing where you can put apps in there to run while it's on, doesnt seem to work. What do I do?
For example, I have the Stamina Mode turned on, and Spotify in the list of apps that should still be running, but when I do run Spotify I get a message complaining about Spotify hindering Stamina mode.

Trusted places should have WiFi trusted sites instead. The 100m radius is too big. I could be in the bar next to my house and have phone unlocked. Makes no sense
Why give users the option to use trusted SSID when you can nudge them towards location services instead? The latter has the advantage of persuading more people to turn on location sharing services with Google, especially if they’ve kept it off. The added wakelocks and battery drain are just side benefits. LOL what user sense? It has to make “google sense” first. If it doesn’t go against their interest, then it go under consideration to be spun under “Google’s all about user sense”.

Hasney

have an Xperia Z3 Compact.

The Stamina mode thing where you can put apps in there to run while it's on, doesnt seem to work. What do I do?
For example, I have the Stamina Mode turned on, and Spotify in the list of apps that should still be running, but when I do run Spotify I get a message complaining about Spotify hindering Stamina mode.

No, that's working as designed. Spoitfy would hammer your battery, so there would be no point stamina mode being on in the first place. That's ultra stamina mode anyway and not regular stamina, isn't it?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Google Play service updated to 6.5. Life is Good. I wonder how reliable trusted places is, but that's the shit I've always wanted. Location aware sound and notification settings should be next.

Now it's stupid question time. How comes that Google Now is just a creepy web stalker on my phone? Whenever I ask it questions regarding my phone, it always initiates a web search. For example, I ask it to show me all my reminders and get a web search. I ask it about my next appointments and get a web search. What's the problem?

Wooh, updated here too (after a restart)! Seems to be working well right now (at home), but we'll see how it does when I start moving. This needs to be reliable for me to feel safe using it.

Regarding voice commands, do you have US English set as your primary voice language? I think that's required. Works fine for me (in English, in Swedish it just does web searches).

obin_gam

No, that's working as designed. Spoitfy would hammer your battery, so there would be no point stamina mode being on in the first place. That's ultra stamina mode anyway and not regular stamina, isn't it?
No its regular stamina. But ok.
Can I disable the messages somehow?

I gave up on getting a Moto Maxx( international GSM Droid Turbo) ...they only sell it in south america and hard to import plus its sold out...

I will be swapping my international Xperia Z3 for a Note 4.

I'll come back for the Z4 though...

dayam..I had a HTC, LG, Sony, Samsung in less than a year...it's good to have no brand loyalty..

Is it normal that while the update is downloading for Lollipop, that my device is basically useless? Everything is force closing in a loop.

edit: and the download seems to have stopped 75% in, of course.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Finally was able to buy a Moto 360. I don't know how useful a Smartwatch is going to be but I'll try it out for a day or two before deciding if I want to keep it or not.

I heard the battery is better after one of the recent firmware updates, but I'm scared it's going to destroy my N5 battery from the bluetooth connection lol.

NotBacon

dayam..I had a HTC, LG, Sony, Samsung in less than a year...it's good to have no brand loyalty..

Trying to feel special? Here, have one of these for your accomplishment:
cookie.gif

Furyous

Does that Motorola deal include the pure edition Moto X? That's a good deal for anyone looking for a smaller Nexus 5. It's good if you consider the Nexus 5 is sold out. Is it possible to stack the edu discount onto the $140 off deal?

Groof

I gave up on getting a Moto Maxx( international GSM Droid Turbo) ...they only sell it in south america and hard to import plus its sold out...

I will be swapping my international Xperia Z3 for a Note 4.

I'll come back for the Z4 though...

Serious question, why do you swap so much?

Majine

Banned
Pushbullet continues to impress me. Copy and paste across devices was something I envisioned a while back, but didn't realize it was a real thing. But here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom