• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Amazon be fucking me...

November 28, 2014, 2:35 pm, --- Your package was missorted and being sent with a different Tracking ID.

Was suppose to come via USPS tomorrow and now it's coming via UPS and I got a new tracking #. So not only is it delayed till Monday, but it's switching carriers which adds for the chance of more issues.

Considering it isn't even the real Dec rush yet this doesn't exactly inspire confidence in terms of online shipping this holiday season.

Drifters

Amazon be fucking me...

Was suppose to come via USPS tomorrow and now it's coming via UPS and I got a new tracking #. So not only is it delayed till Monday, but it's switching carriers which adds for the chance of more issues.

Considering it isn't even the real Dec rush yet this doesn't exactly inspire confidence in terms of online shipping this holiday season.
Drones do fuck up it seems.

How many people are seeing Chrome crashing on Lollipop? It happens usually when I open links in new tabs.

And holy shit at Turbo Charging.
it's the bomb diggity.

Impression on z3 -> note 4...

Battery life seem to be better on the z3..slightly...

Screen wise the note 4 is dimmer and less bluish..I kinda prefers the LCD of the z3. But that's me, the note screen very amazing and I would say its probably the best screen out right now, followed by M8 SLCD3 and iphone6+.

I am on team "no on screen button to waste screen real estate". I'm glad Samsung is still not using on screen buttons. That's one of the reason I think M7 > M8...

UI, no contest the xperia home is more elegant than touchwiz, I had to use nova on the note 4 to make it decent. Sony out of the box is good. But touchwiz ain't that bad if you thinker with it. No one really use the UI majority of the time on their phone.

Performance seem fine on both..kinda slightly better on the note..kinda

Sound, both are fine to me, they both ain't m8 quality.

Build quality of the note 4 is much better than the Sony..the xperia is pretty horrible, I actually had to exchange mine a few time to get a decent one...gaps and flaws everywhere. Note 4 is solid.

Camera is OK on both I say a tie. Too bad the note doesn't have a dedicated shutter button. I like the colors of the pictures on the Sony(I used an external monitor). But the note seem to be easier to get a decent shot.

Handling is not too bad on both..the bigger screen of the note 4 is nice and its actually not too bad to hold. This is my first phablet and I was really against it before. The z3 is pretty big itself so yeah.

I think both phone are top tier and probably the top 2 phones out right now. I had the lg G3 snap 805 version and that too was good but the battery life was average...once you experience z3 battery life level, its hard to go back to average. I wanted the moto maxx(gsm droid turbo) but importing it was hard. I was tempted to go with the nexus 6 but its weaker note 4, its dayam over price for what it is(not contract price). So yeah note 4, z3 and z3 compact is the phone I would easily recommend to anybody.

Anybody have smash4 I want some practice...

dedicated as in to launch the camera or just to take photos?

Reckoner

If you can flash a rom, I would recommend the Oneplus One. The sandpaper back is amazing as well.

The One Plus One isn't appealling to me. I am very picky. Right now it really just comes down to getting the Nexus 5 32gbs for 380, Moto X 2nd gen 16gbs for 525 or a Xperia Z3 for 540. I used the X 2nd gen for a week and I must say that I really liked it, but I'm not sure if it deserves the extra price.

I finally got my Note 4 from Samsung but I'm having issue download apps from the Play store. I added my Gmail account and it auto downloaded most of my apps, but a couple of apps didn't such as Zedge and Twitter. When I try to manually download the apps it just sits on "installing" and doesn't actually do anything. I rebooted and also deleted and re added my Gmail account, same issue.

Any idea guys?

Edit: fixed it. They wouldn't download without an update to Google play services which I had to force update.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I finally got my Note 4 from Samsung but I'm having issue download apps from the Play store. I added my Gmail account and it auto downloaded most of my apps, but a couple of apps didn't such as Zedge and Twitter. When I try to manually download the apps it just sits on "installing" and doesn't actually do anything. I rebooted and also deleted and re added my Gmail account, same issue.

Any idea guys?

Did you try and clear cache from things like the playstore or play services? If that doesn't work then try and do cache and data maybe?

That's my first bet when shit in Android Land won't work.

Note 4 definitely doesn't last longer than the z3. I'm a super heavy user with bunch of stuff syncing in the background stuff and streaming videos over LTE. Looks like the note is at least an hour less than the Z3. Still not bad though. The overall brightness is pretty low so I have to set the brightness higher that the z3, maybe that's why...

Note 4 definitely doesn't last longer than the z3. I'm a super heavy user with bunch of stuff syncing in the background stuff and streaming videos over LTE. Looks like the note is at least an hour less than the Z3. Still not bad though. The overall brightness is pretty low so I have to set the brightness higher that the z3, maybe that's why...
You didn't like auto?

say what, 2013 moto x was beastttttttttttttttttttttt.

Though the 2014 moto x deal was good too. But if you were considering a moto g then this moto x is a steal.
Eh maybe. I still think the Moto G (This year) is a better buy since it's getting Lollipop before the 2013 Moto X. The Second generation deal is so awesome though.

It's presumptuous to assume that everyone wanting to buy an unlocked phone can afford a new flagship. As far as unlocked phones go for the price it's a good deal.

I'm not sure if you know about his, but Motorola is having a sweet deal on the second generation Moto X (Better than the 2013 in every way) on Monday. $360 for a 2014 flagship phone that's not the OnePlus That's why I made that comment.

Eh maybe. I still think the Moto G (This year) is a better buy simce it's getting Lollipop before the 2013 Moto X. The Second generation deal is so awesome though.

I'm not sure if you know about his, but Motorola is having a sweet deal on the second generation Moto X (Better than the 2013 in every way) on Monday. That's why I made that comment.

$140 says they will botch it about as bad as they botched it last year?

Eh maybe. I still think the Moto G (This year) is a better buy simce it's getting Lollipop before the 2013 Moto X. The Second generation deal is so awesome though.

I'm not sure if you know about his, but Motorola is having a sweet deal on the second generation Moto X (Better than the 2013 in every way) on Monday. That's why I made that comment.
if the battery life were better on the moto x 2014 I'd drop my iphone and get that so fast it isn't even funny. But alas.

I'm probably going to end up getting a moto device in 2015. I have no faith in nexus/oneplus and everything else sucks. Hope they step up the battery game for the X and maybe work out their camera issues.

$140 says they will botch it about as bad as they botched it last year?
Oh I have no doubt. Last year they screwed it up and this year will be no different. They already have problems with the Nexus 6, I fully expect them to do the same with their flagship. I've read that they periodically released the code last year throughout the week. I hope they do that this Monday because I know that I will get beat by people running scripts.
if the battery life were better on the moto x 2014 I'd drop the my iphone and get that so fast it isn't even funny. But alas.

I'm probably going to end up getting a moto device in 2015. I have no faith in nexus/oneplus and everything else sucks. Hope they step up the battery game for the X and maybe work out their camera issues.
Incidentally, the Nexus 6 stock issues and price has made reconsider my next phone. If Google/Motorola made the thing available, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Plus, I did some Black Friday shopping and spent more money then I should have.
. So my next phone will be...a Moto X 2014. Despite my constant troll, it is a good phone and the deal is too good to pass up. I will hold on to it until the next round of flagship comes out next year or when the Nexus drop in price. It's unfortunate that this had to happen.

Hasney

Wait wait wait. The 16gb G3 has less RAM as well? I thought it was just a shitty battery. Have they actually got different size battery, or does the constant reloading of elements actually make the battery life worse than having that extra gig?

Pachimari

Wait wait wait. The 16gb G3 has less RAM as well? I thought it was just a shitty battery. Have they actually got different size battery, or does the constant reloading of elements actually make the battery life worse than having that extra gig?

I'm pretty sure they have the same size battery. But the 16GB isn't optimized.

Oh I have no doubt. Last year they screwed it up and this year will be no different. They already have problems with the Nexus 6, I fully expect them to do the same with their flagship. I've read that they periodically released the code last year throughout the week. I hope they do that this Monday because I know that I will get beat by people running scripts.
Incidentally, the Nexus 6 stock issues and price has made reconsider my next phone. If Google/Motorola made the thing available, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Plus, I did some Black Friday shopping and spent more money then I should have.
. So my next phone will be...a Moto X 2014. Despite my constant troll, it is a good phone and the deal is too good to pass up. I will hold on to it until the next round of flagship comes out next year or when the Nexus drop in price. It's unfortunate that this had to happen.
the moto x 2014 is definitely a solid device but I'm not sure I can justify it over a nexus 5.

the moto x 2014 is definitely a solid device but I'm not sure I can justify it over a nexus 5.

I think it looks better than the Nexus 5 and it has a better camera and battery life. It is a solid device though. But like I said, I won't be holding onto the Moto X for a long time. Latest would be until the middle of next year.

I think it looks better than the Nexus 5 and it has a better camera and battery life. It is a solid device though. But like I said, I won't be holding onto the Moto X for a long time. Latest would be until the middle of next year.
why middle of next year? What's there to look forward to then? And yeah if I got moto x 2014 I'd probably dump it for moto x 2015/nexus 2015. I have a feeling motorola is finally going to go in on battery life in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom