• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
why middle of next year? What's there to look forward to then? And yeah if I got moto x 2014 I'd probably dump it for moto x 2015/nexus 2015. I have a feeling motorola is finally going to go in on battery life in 2015.

One M9 will be GOAT.

I went to T-Mo store today and played with the N6. Great build quality and display isn't too bad, but I didn't see it as a great display. Here's the problem with it: IT'S BIGGER THAN MY DICK!

Phone bigger than my dick? No buy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
One M9 will be GOAT.

I went to T-Mo store today and played with the N6. Great build quality and display isn't too bad, but I didn't see it as a great display. Here's the problem with it: IT'S BIGGER THAN MY DICK!

Phone bigger than my dick? No buy.
Seems silly to restrict yourself to 3 year old phones though.

M9 GPE edition. GOAT.
will be too expensive I bet :(

Also if I see the triple chin/bottom bezel then it's an automatic major fail:

rUti7CG.png

It's about the updates too and I just prefer not using a launcher. I'm not that in love with HTC hardware that I'd be willing to go with those workarounds. After owning the HTC One for a while I just felt it was too big. M8 is bigger. M9??? We'll see.

Only way I'd go with a little big (though not huge) is if it ran stock/form of stock.

Thought I hated big phones, but M7 is too big? Christ there is no hope for you then.
I am aware of this :(

But again it was too big for no reason. Didn't really care for the front speakers so I felt like the added size wasn't worth much. Whereas I don't mind a moto X despite it being slightly bigger because the screen size is bigger and bezel is minimalist.

why middle of next year? What's there to look forward to then? And yeah if I got moto x 2014 I'd probably dump it for moto x 2015/nexus 2015. I have a feeling motorola is finally going to go in on battery life in 2015.
Xperia Z4 will be unstoppable. Just you wait. Or a cheaper Nexus 6.
M9 GPE edition. GOAT.

The freaking M8 GPE is $700. $700. I dread to see what an M9 edition will cost.

Chris R

Nexus 5 battery life has been terrible since I upgraded to 5.0

Need to dig around and see if I can find what the hell is zapping my battery since my battery thing only totals to 21% (what is using the remaining 79% and why is it NOT showing up in battery app)

Furyous

The Nexus 6 has burn in issues... already.

*Daps everyone that dodged the N6 bullet*

The shit is a disgrace especially with the Moto X 2014. This is some third world shit. No excuse for burn in on a flagship smartphone in 2014. Bear in mind that she barely used it. My usage pattern is 17 hours a day for two months to break in the device.

*imagines spending $700 on a device with burn in after living in the ios ecosystem*

I take back every positive thing I said about Amoled screens after this debacle. Does Samsung make 2014 AMOLED displays available to OEMs in 2015? If not, preemptive GTFOH to the Moto X 2015, Nexus 7 smartphone, all Motorola devices, and the rest of the OEMs with the audacity to purchase shit displays from Samsung.

NotBacon

Probably manufacturing deficiencies. A few people are reporting minor burn in, most aren't. I've been using my phone far more than Erica and have yet to see it.

Still unacceptable a few percentage are experiencing this though.

Dammit, the N6 has an ACTUAL potential issue now :(

Still phone of the year if you escape the burn-in defect.

Wait wait wait. The 16gb G3 has less RAM as well? I thought it was just a shitty battery. Have they actually got different size battery, or does the constant reloading of elements actually make the battery life worse than having that extra gig?

the 16GB/2GB model also benchmarks worse than the 32GB/3GB model.

that's what they said the last time too...

jey_16

Banned
M9 will be my next phone, I think my M7 is probably the best phone I have owned even after switching to the Note 3 and then G3.

If HTC get rid of that black bar and keep the screen around 5 inches then it will be perfect

Reckoner

the moto x 2014 is definitely a solid device but I'm not sure I can justify it over a nexus 5.

I had the Moto X 2014 for a week and it is a really good device, but you really can't justify the extra price against the Nexus 5. If they were at the same price, then it would be Moto X all the way.

I just ordered myself a Nexus 5. Just the thought of having community support, the soft plastic/rubber-y build quality and being a pure stock Android are pros to me. I'll probably upgrade to the new Xperia or Moto X at the end of the year if they fix the issues and get 64bits chips.

Groof

The shit is a disgrace especially with the Moto X 2014. This is some third world shit. No excuse for burn in on a flagship smartphone in 2014. Bear in mind that she barely used it. My usage pattern is 17 hours a day for two months to break in the device.

*imagines spending $700 on a device with burn in after living in the ios ecosystem*

I take back every positive thing I said about Amoled screens after this debacle. Does Samsung make 2014 AMOLED displays available to OEMs in 2015? If not, preemptive GTFOH to the Moto X 2015, Nexus 7 smartphone, all Motorola devices, and the rest of the OEMs with the audacity to purchase shit displays from Samsung.

The fact that it has burn-in so early probably points to manufacturing defects. But burn-in has always been an issue with AMOLED and is the reason I try to steer clear, no matter how good they seem to be. They might've gotten better over the years, but the issue is still real.

The Sony Xperia Z3 was the best phone of all time.

Until today when I acidentally recored 4k video in my pocket at work causing the phone to overheat and get a crack on the back.

Okay, cool.

Then I put it back in my pocket cause a crack on the back doesnt worry me.

Twenty minutes later my entire front screen is cracked. Unreal. I looked it up online and its been happening but Sony refuses to acknowledge it and wants me to pay for the repair which I dont know yet.

This is tough cause im in a bad situation but I need a phone.

How does a phone self crack itself? That's so fucking pathetic I only had it for a month I feel scammed or ripped off, and Sony's greedy ass wont even acknowledge it. Never buying a Sony product again this just totally fucked me over

seriously I feel so fucked over. How does this even happen? This phone was so perfect until today

I have insurance but theyre trying to send me a Z1S and I put a payment plan down on the z3 so basically i'd be paying Z3 price for a Z1S which is a shitty phone

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why would insurance force a Z1S on you? Read your contract. Don't take no for an answer.

Yeah when we don't have stock or something we either offer the customer something of equal/better value or ask if they want to wait for the model they have which could take longer. Never offer something worse. That sounds weird.

I remember when the company ran out of HTC Ones because they stopped carrying them. When people had defects of any kind we would replace them with M8s with no contract extension or anything lol.

kinggroin

Banned

She's put the phone and display tech on blast numerous times on Google+

She's an anomaly, like bend gate people.

Let's not blow this out of proportion, yet.

Edit: why are folks having such a hard time using critical thinking skills? Like Groof and Bacon (they are). The way too many members jump to hysterics is both laughable and disheartening.

Burn in? That sucks. I haven't seen a single trace of it on my N6.

It's common with amoled screens. I got it on my Galaxy S4 too. I think it might depend on the sites you visit and how much web browsing you do. On the Galaxy S4, you could see the url bar from the browser burn in. After installing a new rom and kernel that kept the phone cooler, the issue went away though, but the screen got darker.

Why would insurance force a Z1S on you? Read your contract. Don't take no for an answer.

Because it's my third insurance claim in a year and a half.

They're offering a Z1S because they are out of stock of the Z3 and are trying to force me to get it and claim the Z1S has the same functionality features and is just as good. Even tho I'm a mobile phone developer shit is a waist of time my last two claims I downgraded cause m phone that they were replacing wouldve took months to get to me

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xperia-Z-Cracked-Screens/370754419718137

On the last status alone there's about ten people complaining about the Z3 breaking on it's own and Sony and retailers calling them liars for it.

I can verify for them, this phone broke on its own and it's mind blowing to me and before yesterday it was easily the best smartphone I had ever used.

Pretty sure shit like this is the reason why people buy apple products.

Honestly I would have no problem if I dropped the phone or hit it against something but it was in my fucking front pocket for less than a hour....

Sony z3 cracked top of screen after 6 days on it's own. Don't won't stand over it sent me a quotation for £132, I complained and raised the issue of screens cracking on their own they said it's case by case and my phone had signs of impact! Which is lies as it cracked charging on a bedside table. Does anybody know if anything can be done about this

Ali Butcher Z3 compact, 3 weeks in. No pressure/drop or bump - the crack just appeared on the front. With a screen protector AND case on it.

Husband has a 5 day old Z3, noticed single hairline crack across front with no causative factor, any advice on what to do, shall we go back to three or straight to Sony?

Mine developed a Y shaped crack on the reverse. This occurred overnight while it was safely under my pillow. Very unhappy as only 2.5 weeks old.

Z3 Compact, the morning that I turned it on...had barely been touched! No assistance from Sony - apparently cracks in the glass don't count as a manufacturing fault!

Had a Z3 for a couple days, the screen cracked during the night on the lower right side. I fell asleep with it in the bed, when I woke up, it was cracked (Still in the bed)

My Xperia Z3 cracked without any impact/drop - only three weeks old and not a mark on it. Always had screen protector and bumper fitted. Single diagonal crack to screen. Optus have sent it to the service centre in Sydney over a week ago, but still haven't heard back.....was pretty annoyed to be told it was not covered under warranty by the sales guy - but he would try anyway. Surely if you handle the phone with kid gloves, fit protection and don't drop it then it must be covered by warranty. Surely a manufacturing defect or bad design? Will update you when I hear back from them......

And there's way more cases but Sont decides to be a scum and call everyone who has this problem a liar

Hasney

Pretty sure shit like this is the reason why people buy apple products.

Beginning to think the same thing. Samsungs support are just as shady. Might got back to Apple purely so I can walk into a retail store and get it sorted there and then if anything goes wrong, even if I do much prefer Android.

Sch1sm

Beginning to think the same thing. Samsungs support are just as shady. Might got back to Apple purely so I can walk into a retail store and get it sorted there and then if anything goes wrong, even if I do much prefer Android.

Yeah, that's the one thing I loved about Apple. I had a 3GS for two years. And it didn't cause me any issues until one day before warranty ran out, got a new device and an extra 90 days. Happened twice more, same drill. No issues, no questions, they just did whatever troubleshooting/replacements they could.

What a fucking scam. A phone breaks on its own and you have to pay for it. I don't even want this shit anymore because hey the replacement might suffer the same issue. I'm so pissed because I literally am doing shit financially at the moment and then this happens and Sony are just calling me a liar.

Worst CS I've ever experienced. I'm never buying SONY ANYTHING again bar they make a time machine

Hasney

Yeah, that's the one thing I loved about Apple. I had a 3GS for two years. And it didn't cause me any issues until one day before warranty ran out, got a new device and an extra 90 days. Happened twice more, same drill. No issues, no questions, they just did whatever troubleshooting/replacements they could.

Yeah, even when it was my fault because it took a swim and it was the latest at the time iPhone 4S 64GB, they only charged me £75 for a like-for-like replacement.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's common with amoled screens. I got it on my Galaxy S4 too. I think it might depend on the sites you visit and how much web browsing you do. On the Galaxy S4, you could see the url bar from the browser burn in. After installing a new rom and kernel that kept the phone cooler, the issue went away though, but the screen got darker.

Yep, had it on my Galaxy Nexus. Both the notification bar and the navigation bar were very visibly burned in. Glad that they went with an LCD for the N5. The blacks are crap in comparison obviously, but pretty much everything else is better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom