• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, so you can't buy individually any extra minutes aside from an entire new batch of minutes/data?
I went over last month. I believe it is $0.10 per minute over. My understanding is that you have to have the money in the account for the previous month when it is due if you have any overages. That is why unusually just keep $10 in the account and have it automatically pull $30 each month.

Wreav

Banned
Anyone have any experience upgrading a corporate Verizon line with a motomaker phone? Curious how exactly I can use my coupon for a business upgrade.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Got my Moto X and Turbo charger ordered. Had zero trouble getting a discount code right when the deal went live today (had a confirmation email by 12:01PM EST). Looking forward to getting my hands on it next week.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got my Moto X and Turbo charger ordered. Had zero trouble getting a discount code right when the deal went live today (had a confirmation email by 12:01PM EST). Looking forward to getting my hands on it next week.

What's your current device you are upgrading from?

How much do they rip you for buying the turbo charger extra?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I went over last month. I believe it is $0.10 per minute over. My understanding is that you have to have the money in the account for the previous month when it is due if you have any overages. That is why unusually just keep $10 in the account and have it automatically pull $30 each month.

That's exactly what I wanted. So I could keep some extra $ in the account at all times for any spare extra minutes incurred.

Why does Sammobile keep saying it's early in the S6 development. That can't be possible right? It's almost 2015 already. Don't these things have to be WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in advance so they can start productiona some months prior. They're acting as if they're still in the planning stages.

I also like how the fact that their next phone will be called the S6 and that there will probably be variant of it is news.

Vanillalite

Why does Sammobile keep saying it's early in the S6 development. That can't be possible right? It's almost 2015 already. Don't these things have to be WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in advance so they can start productiona some months prior. They're acting as if they're still in the planning stages.

I also like how the fact that their next phone will be called the S6 and that there will probably be variant of it is news.

Well it is news that they are doing the Edge. Nobody is surprised they are doing variants, but nobody knew if the Edge style was a one off or not.

snacknuts

we all knew her
What's your current device you are upgrading from?

How much do they rip you for buying the turbo charger extra?

I'm upgrading from a G2. The only reason I'm upgrading is so I can get Lollipop and other future updates more quickly. I'm on Verizon, so this is as close as I can get to buying a Nexus (except the N6, obviously, but that's too large for me).

Part of the Cyber Monday deal was to give you 30% off any accessories you purchase with a Moto X, so I got the Turbo Charger for $24.

NotBacon

ITT: People thinking not liking the design or not liking the size or limited availability = terrible product.

Nexus 6 is a beast. All around amazing phone with no real flaws.

Just because you personally don't like the design or size doesn't mean it's subpar and an LG version would've been "miles better". All that's left are marginal improvements...

The salt is strong at the moment.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I may not be right, but when you do Moto Maker, it even says "____ finish" and bamboo says "bamboo". So...

The bamboo is actually made of bamboo. I'm guessing the others are not the same kind of wood as the name implies, but some other kind with a stain applied to match that kind of color. I found several reviews that all say the backs are all made of real wood. It's not something like a laminate image over plastic.

Ugh they "ran out of codes"

how long was it up for? like an hour or two?
Yeah it was available for awhile. I still have yet to actually recieve the discount code yet.

What? How did you get it so fast and I didn't? Well, as long as I get the code I'm fine I guess.

ITT: People thinking not liking the design or not liking the size or limited availability = terrible product.

I am saltier than the Atlantic ocean because of the limited stock. Now I have to get the Moto X.

Wreav

Banned
No one has gotten codes yet, right? I'm assuming that happens late tonight.

Wife and I are probably both getting a '14 X now.

I live in canada and requested a code specifically so I could give it to someone who may have missed it because they were gone or unable to or something.

Furyous

HTC M9 rumor:

S805
5.5 inches
1440x2560 resolution
3 GB of RAM
5.5 inches
16 MP Camera
3500 MaH battery
Bose speakers

^^^ HTC comes out the gate swinging with that phone in 2015. Good luck with that S6 edge rumor.

I bet the code is tied to the email address, to prevent that very thing.
isn't it just a promo code you enter when you check out? Hopefully because if not I feel bad haha.

HTC M9 rumor:

S805
5.5 inches
1440x2560 resolution
3 GB of RAM
5.5 inches
16 MP Camera
3500 MaH battery
Boise speakers

^^^ HTC comes out the gate swinging with that phone in 2015. Good luck with that S6 edge rumor.
5.5....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh combine with their giant htc bezel and the speakers. Massive phone incoming right there.

HTC M9 rumor:

S805
5.5 inches
1440x2560 resolution
3 GB of RAM
5.5 inches
16 MP Camera
3500 MaH battery
Boise speakers

Ugh there goes my upgrade plans if true. Too big, and no need for that res. Disappointing unless they slim down the bezel.

markot

Banned
I dont get why HTC 'mini' phones always have terrible specs. Surely it isnt hard to fit the same specs into a phone thats just smaller?

Vanillalite

HTC M9 rumor:

S805
5.5 inches
1440x2560 resolution
3 GB of RAM
5.5 inches
16 MP Camera
3500 MaH battery
Boise speakers

Exact opposite. It appears the rumors are true, and the 810 won't be ready for the 2015 flagships.

if anything this is an ultra disappointment that Qualcomm isn't ready. :(

It looks like my second Nexus 5 has died :(

It turns off on its own and attempts to restart but just dies out again.

Black screen -> Google logo -> Black screen -> Google logo, repeat

This sucks major balls :(

edit: it lives! for now.... after 100 black screen -> Google logos's it actually turned on. Let's see how long it is until it eventually does give out for good.

sarcastor

Just got a nexus 4. Works great with lollipop. My battery was at 51% so I plugged it into my friends macbook's air usb port to charge.

Within 5 minutes it dropped down to 48% :(

So I turned off the phone and left it charging for 5 minutes and it went down to 41% :O

WTF?

a friend of mine stepped up and got a Note 4 this weekend.

one more for the good guys.

Nexus 6 is a beast. All around amazing phone with no real flaws.

Just because you personally don't like the design or size doesn't mean it's subpar and an LG version would've been "miles better". All that's left are marginal improvements...

if only they didn't leave out the marginal improvements to performance, battery life and camera!

Got my Moto X 2014 Cyber Monday code... and I'm still unsure if I want to spend $400+ for a 32GB phone (no SD expansion) on a phone that may have worse battery life than my GS4.

$445 with the 32GB and Turbo Charger.

Vanillalite

Got my Moto X 2014 Cyber Monday code... and I'm still unsure if I want to spend $400+ for a 32GB phone (no SD expansion) on a phone that may have worse battery life than my GS4.

$445 with the 32GB and Turbo Charger.

Got the G3 almostly solely because I didn't want to deal with Moto battery life.

Drifters

HTC M9 rumor:

S805
5.5 inches
1440x2560 resolution
3 GB of RAM
5.5 inches
16 MP Camera
3500 MaH battery
Bose speakers

Honestly great specs but a 16MP camera seems unlikely. At best we'll get an updated variant of the HTC Eye 13MP camera or potentially an 8MP up camera.

Honestly great specs but a 16MP camera seems unlikely. At best we'll get an updated variant of the HTC Eye 13MP camera or potentially an 8MP up camera.
I think HTC took the criticisms of the M8's camera to heart. It's literally the thing that stop it from getting phone of the year for many people and outlets. I think they'll go with a 16 mp camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom