• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifters

I think HTC took the criticisms of the M8's camera to heart. It's literally the thing that stop it from getting phone of the year for many people and outlets. I think they'll go with a 16 mp camera.
Maybe...I will say this... Having only owned the M8 for a few days makes me appreciate the care HTC put into their phone. Makes most of the flagships look shitty. I knew I was taking a gamble with Sense since I haven't used it but this is the smoothest Android experience I have ever had on any device.

Amagon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJ1UNRK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

One of my friends bought this. Comes with two 3000mAh batteries plus a wall charger for $26. Not exactly what you are looking for, but a great deal considering the two batteries you get.

I saw that earlier, not a big fan of the wall charger. Though, since I haven't received my G3 yet. I own a Galaxy Note 2 and have this stand and spare battery charger. Don't know if anybody knows if the battery from the G3 would be compatible with it since its been extremely useful to me.

Blablurn

Does it make sense to upgrade from a LGG2 to LGG3S. Or is the S worse than the 2?

EDIT:

Hm, it has only 1GB Ram : ( And the processor is weaker too. I guess I pass then.

Groof

Does it make sense to upgrade from a LGG2 to LGG3S. Or is the S worse than the 2?

EDIT:

Hm, it has only 1GB Ram : ( And the processor is weaker too. I guess I pass then.
As sad as it is, never buy the spin offs. They're all half assed crap trying to get by solely on the name. Flagship or bust.

Rizific

Got the lollipop update on my Verizon moto x...still can't hide useless apps in the app drawer? Is this real? Like really real? And no, disabling apps doesn't solve the problem. Is there a work around for this?

Blablurn

As sad as it is, never buy the spin offs. They're all half assed crap trying to get by solely on the name. Flagship or bust.

Guess you're right.

Sticking with my LGG2 then.

I think I would have changed my phone long ago. But I just enjoy the Tap to Wake feature too much haha.

I don't wanna go back.

Toki767

Guess you're right.

I think I would have changed my phone long ago. But I just enjoy the Tap to Wake feature too much haha.

I don't wanna go back.

Lots of phones actually have the tap to wake feature now. Although to LG's credit, their devices are the only ones that actually incorporate tap to sleep too.

Groof

Guess you're right.

I don't wanna go back.
The G2 is still a great device. I wouldn't be complaining if I had one.

Nightbird

So people, i got a Problem:

I loathe how Wallpapers Work on Android Phones. MY Phone has a 960 x 540 Resolution, and i wanted to use this Picture as Wallpaper:

However, i cant make my Phone take the whole Picture as Wallpaper, i always have to choose a small part. Can i do something against that?

Zeppu

So people, i got a Problem:

I loathe how Wallpapers Work on Android Phones. MY Phone has a 960 x 540 Resolution, and i wanted to use this Picture as Wallpaper:

However, i cant make my Phone take the whole Picture as Wallpaper, i always have to choose a small part. Can i do something against that?

Well, you can't exactly put a 16:9 wallpaper on a 9:16 screen now can you?

Nightbird

There are some apps you can get that let you specifically select from a given image what you want your wallpaper to be. The stock tools for wallpaper creation/selection definitely leave a lot to be desired.

This is my Problem :/
What are some of those Apps? I tried "Image 2 Wallpaper", but that did not work out as i expected >.>

Zeppu

What exactly do you want to achieve though? Do you just want the wallpaper to not be scrollable? Or do you want the wallpaper to scroll fully over your existing homescreens?

kehs

Banned
Setting the wallpaper from the browser used to be a work around for that. press/hold set as wallpaper.

zepp: the chrome store version doesn't kill my opera stuff anymore btw. ��

terrier

Got the lollipop update on my Verizon moto x...still can't hide useless apps in the app drawer? Is this real? Like really real? And no, disabling apps doesn't solve the problem. Is there a work around for this?

but stock is the way to go.....

I like stock android, and Lollipop looks awesome on my Nexus and runs as smooth as butter, but lack of customization is a real flaw here. No hiding apps, no folders in app drawer, not able to disable google search bar to put my widgets of choice (or at least dim it so i can see my walllpaper)....
And I can use other launchers sure, but no google now when swiping left :(

snacknuts

we all knew her

Use a different launcher. This is one of the main things that keeps me using Nova instead of GEL.

Zeppu

I was looking for something for you myself but everything which does what you wanted seemed to be stuck in the Android 2.x era. Very strange.

Glad you figured it out though.
Be together. Not the same.

So my nexus 5 has been running a little slow since installing Lollipop and I wanted to try factory resetting it and seeing if that helps.

Now I know it will wipe the phone, but I also know most of it will get brought back since its all stored in my google account somewhere. But I was wondering if you guys could tell me:

Exactly what will be lost forever? and if there is a 'best' way to reset everything?

Husker86

So my nexus 5 has been running a little slow since installing Lollipop and I wanted to try factory resetting it and seeing if that helps.

Now I know it will wipe the phone, but I also know most of it will get brought back since its all stored in my google account somewhere. But I was wondering if you guys could tell me:

Exactly what will be lost forever? and if there is a 'best' way to reset everything?

You can choose to not restore from your cloud backup when you are setting it up again.

Basically you will lose all data unless the apps specifically backup data to your Google account; your contacts should be synced to Google.

That said, I did a fresh install with 5.0 on my Nexus 5 and have some issues so let me know if it changes anything for you; I don't have high hopes for a reset doing anything so I'm just waiting for a maintenance release.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Is all the Google sync stuff turned on? Then your contacts, photos, etc, are safe. What you will lose permanently unless you back it up manually is other app/game data (far too few games use cloud saves, unfortunately) and text messages (unless you're on Google Voice, in which case I believe they'll be backed up there).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dual window just feels weird. I think it's because 5.5" isn't big enough to properly use chrome and hangouts together.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is all the Google sync stuff turned on? Then your contacts, photos, etc, are safe. What you will lose permanently unless you back it up manually is other app/game data (far too few games use cloud saves, unfortunately) and text messages (unless you're on Google Voice, in which case I believe they'll be backed up there).

Texts sent to or from your GV number are backed up, but GV won't back up texts sent to/from your carrier number.

snacknuts

we all knew her
For $300 to $350 for a G3, should I grab one instead of a Moto X 2014? Especially over a GS4?

The G2 is a much better device than the GS4, so the G3 is a no-brainer over that one. Whether or not you would choose it over the Moto X is going to come down to what is important to you. I think the G3 is probably better from a hardware standpoint, but I just ordered a Moto X yesterday instead of a G3 because I would prefer to get faster software updates. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

Yeah, obviously. Well, maybe not obviously, but that's what I meant!

I assumed you meant as much, but I wanted to make it as clear as possible for the dude who was asking.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The G2 is still a great device. I wouldn't be complaining if I had one.

This!

If you have a G2 no reason to really upgrade until true meaningful upgrades come out. Just wait it out for the L update, and then you'll be set till probably at least late 2015 if not 2016.

PS: So far so good with my new G3. Wish everyone could do small bezels like this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there a widget that mimicks Google Now?

I am currently using dashclock on the main screen for calendar events, missed calls, unread emails and texts. However, I also like Now cards and receive traffic, weather and so forth that way.

Is there a way to combine those two? I am willing to forego all of Dashclock things if I can get a Now cards widget that also shows me my next calendar item (a few days out) not just "time to leave" cards as it does now.

Any ideas?

Blablurn

This!

If you have a G2 no reason to really upgrade until true meaningful upgrades come out. Just wait it out for the L update, and then you'll be set till probably at least late 2015 if not 2016.

PS: So far so good with my new G3. Wish everyone could do small bezels like this.

Yeah. I have the G2. But I'm always looking for something new haha.

Majine

Banned
Anyone know what's up with Youtube? It's like the only Google app that hasn't gotten a material design upgrade yet. It looks so dated compared to everything else.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone know what's up with Youtube? It's like the only Google app that hasn't gotten a material design upgrade yet. It looks so dated compared to everything else.
There's a bigger update for it and Hangouts on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom