• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think is the best value for a tablet with mobile data support? It's probably still the Nexus 7 LTE or the Nvidia Shield LTE but I figured I'd check if there's some incredible Sony or LG deal I'm missing.

Quasar

Same here. And I still have accounts for all other social networks, but only read, never post.

I and everyone else I know who uses G+ hardly ever post publicly though, it's always to circles, which is probably why people think it's empty and no one uses it, because they are not in others' circles. If you are not active, people won't add you to a circle, so you won't get to see posts. Once I got into people's circles I realized that it's used so much more than I thought from just casually watching from "outside". In contrast, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are much more oriented to posting everything publicly and lists are very difficult to manage by comparison.

Yeah. Its circles and the communities that make it for me. Well that and the kinds of discussion you generally see.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
That feel when Google Keyboard autocorrects "my" to "NY". Damn it Googy.

d32G0e1.png

Groof

Google Keyboard's auto correct and suggestions/predictions is absolutely horrendous. The amount of times it pops in some random ass French surname instead of an actual word is mind boggling.

Why put so much emphasis on some inane names 99% of people will use 0.0000000000005% of the time?!??!?!

RedFyn

Google Keyboard's auto correct and suggestions/predictions is absolutely horrendous. The amount of times it pops in some random ass French surname instead of an actual word is mind boggling.

Why put so much emphasis on some inane names 99% of people will use 0.0000000000005% of the time?!??!?!
What keyboard languages do you have on?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What do you guys think is the best value for a tablet with mobile data support? It's probably still the Nexus 7 LTE or the Nvidia Shield LTE but I figured I'd check if there's some incredible Sony or LG deal I'm missing.

If you don't mind spending the cash the Shield is probably the best Android tablet out there right now.

If you want to save some cash go with the Nexus 7.

I'd probably steer clear of waiting on the N9 LTE honestly.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Maybe they just know it needs so much work. If we're lucky it'll turn into some beautiful app everyone will use.
I hope but also I don't expect. The app continually gets worse when we're talking about looks and usability. But at least Voice integrates which is huge for me.

Groof

What keyboard languages do you have on?

English and Swedish on the standard keyboard. It does the same shit on both, and I have no French people in my contacts. Seriously, these are completely random names that aren't even remotely close to the word I was looking for. My friend has the same issue.

Groof

The new YouTube is horrible. Dark icons with white text? For fuck's sake Google. Step in the right direction sure, but there's never any consistency with anything. Even uses the wrong hamburger menu. Ugh.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

-PXG-

YouTube finally has material design. Christ
...took them long enough.

Search icon is a bit small and too close to the cast icon though :/

HGStormy

Banned
Don't think I can handle another messaging app that I'll never use.

Already got Skype, Kik, ooVoo, WhatsApp, BBM and regular old texting.

edit: and Hangouts too.

What's different about this one?

kehs

Banned
Wire looks pretty great, a little bit of nitpick issues, but going back to hangouts on chrome makes me want to seppuku.

Regarding tablets...it's insulting that google hasn't bothered to do something about it.

Bboy AJ

Don't think I can handle another messaging app that I'll never use.

Already got Skype, Kik, ooVoo, WhatsApp, BBM and regular old texting.

edit: and Hangouts too.

What's different about this one?

Yeah, that's what's so terrible. I'm sick of all these proprietary, closed messaging apps. I wish someone would make an open, standard protocol that everyone could hook into and make their own UIs for it. I can't use an otherwise great app because no one else is on it.

Yeah, that's what's so terrible. I'm sick of all these proprietary, closed messaging apps. I wish someone would make an open, standard protocol that everyone could hook into and make their own UIs for it. I can't use an otherwise great app because no one else is on it.
I don't think that will happen again like it used to (Trillian and AIM and Google Talk and whatnot) in the foreseeable future. A service's user base is the most valuable thing nowadays.

Bboy AJ

I don't think that will happen again like it used to (Trillian and AIM and Google Talk and whatnot) in the foreseeable future. A service's user base is the most valuable thing nowadays.

Why can't someone make a new xmpp that incorporates all the cool things of today, like syncing and multimedia features? It's possible, no? I guess the reason why is money but it's possible, isn't it?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

email?

is that the joke?

So what does the lollipop status look like now.

HTC and LG aren't updating their flagships till 2015 right? Motorola is done/about to be done? Nexuses are done? Is the oneplus done?

I need to know who to ignore next year for good.

Drifters

^ I would imagine S4/S5 Note 3/4, G3 then G2 later, M8 and then M7 will be rolling out by CES time or at latest MWC in Feb. New flagships will come with whatever dot release of Lolli will be by then.

^ I would imagine S4/S5 Note 3/4, G3 then G2 later, M8 and then M7 will be rolling out by CES time or at latest MWC in Feb. New flagships will come with whatever dot release of Lolli will be by then.
I purposely left samsung out because touchwiz is never a consideration for me lol. So basically everyone but motorola and nexus. I don't think cyanogen has one out yet for oneplus. Thought they'd be quicker.

If you don't mind spending the cash the Shield is probably the best Android tablet out there right now.

If you want to save some cash go with the Nexus 7.

I'd probably steer clear of waiting on the N9 LTE honestly.

The shield has a ton of issues. Its just not over priced like the nexus 9 but that does not make the shield a better tablet. Because its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom