• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deciding which new phone to get and stuck between LG G3 and Note 4 at the moment. What are your guys' thoughts?

I had both the regular g3 and g3 cat 6.

Get the note 4. All around better device than the g3. It a great device but it just gets out class by the note 4 and z3.

Note 4 got:
Better screen
Way better battery life
Camera is kinda a tie for me
Performance is slightly on the note.
UI is a tie.

kinggroin

Banned
Anyone having issues with Chrome hesitating to respond on new page loads? You attempt to scroll and it doesn't respond for a second and then does whatever you just before.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sony-Xperia-Z4.jpg

Sony-Xperia-Z4.jpg

this_guy

I'm gonna pick up an Amazon Fire phone. Missed out on the $199 black friday sale, then it went back up to $449, and now it's back to $229. Considering you get a year free of Prime membetrship, and it's time to renew my prime membership, $130 isn't too bad for a new phone to play with. I'm holding on to my G3 as well because I don't see the Fire phone fully replacing it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC0USA6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Paznos

How is the performance with the G3 overall? It's out for delivery and it's replacing my Note 2 just wondering if it's something that will hold up for awhile.

Drifters

How is the performance with the G3 overall? It's out for delivery and it's replacing my Note 2 just wondering if it's something that will hold up for awhile.

3GB model only, do not get the 16GB/2GB version or you will get a gimped version of the phone. QHD phones need 3GB of memory.

Hasney

I'm gonna pick up an Amazon Fire phone. Missed out on the $199 black friday sale, then it went back up to $449, and now it's back to $229. Considering you get a year free of Prime membetrship, and it's time to renew my prime membership, $130 isn't too bad for a new phone to play with. I'm holding on to my G3 as well because I don't see the Fire phone fully replacing it.

Wow, they're actually going to sell one to someone? Finally!

vwnut13

this_guy
...just made a huge mistake...
(Today, 12:11 PM)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yup 32GB model Verizon, got it from Best Buy since it's on sale and wanted to keep my Unlimited Data. Should be here later today, can't wait. Thanks guys.

You'll like it. I have no real complaints about mine that I got a week or so ago.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

Amazon should be paying YOU $229.

NotBacon

Made a strong opinion on the new Battlefield game not being a social commentary on current police brutality and told people to stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Bishop didn't take to kindly to that.

Holy damn I just checked out the thread. It's a massive graveyard.
Good thing I didn't see it before because i'm a battlefielder and might have gotten worked up over some of the posts in there, and gotten permed myself :/

Hoping to get it for 200-240 in good to mint condition. Thanks for the quick reply!
meh if it's just a temp phone personally I'd get a moto g/last years moto x for cheap on ebay or privately elsewhere. But that's just me! You'll only be using it four a couple months anyway.

But if you could find the g2 for cheaper go for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-Ph...SIN=B00OC0USA6
just no

markot

Banned

If your not going to replace your phone.... Why?

Drifters

Yup 32GB model Verizon, got it from Best Buy since it's on sale and wanted to keep my Unlimited Data. Should be here later today, can't wait. Thanks guys.
No prob, enjoy the phone!

Holy damn I just checked out the thread. It's a massive graveyard.
Good thing I didn't see it before because i'm a battlefielder and might have gotten worked up over some of the posts in there, and gotten permed myself :/

Yeah; I am too and I think he got his tone wrong of telling people to shut about it rather than simply having a different opinion. He's perm'ed too so unless he comes back in ghost form... he's gone. :(

this_guy

If your not going to replace your phone.... Why?

I'm already going to renew my Prime membership, so that's $100. That makes the Fire phone $130 as a backup device, or I can use it similar to an iPod touch for music or media. Turn off all the 3d perspective stuff and you have a solid 32gb media device for $130.

Plus I've used Windows Phone before so I know what it's like to be lacking in apps.

Hey guys, how is Lollipop on 2013 Nexus 7? Looking to pick one up but I just want to make sure 5.0 isn't a laggy mess on it.

I still haven't even gotten Lollipop on my Nexus 7 2012 via Wi-Fi yet (not forcibly installing OTA)... unless I should. I've heard it's meh? Dunno haha.

Is there a podcast app that lets you manage your subscription via the web? I was so used to the way Google's Listen app integrated with Google Reader.. since that all went to crap I've been manually managing them using Podkicker and stupid OPML importing. Lovely app but it's too much effort to manually add feeds, even with something like FoxToPhone.

Open to any suggestions really. Main goal is to make it easy to discover new things to listen to and just be simple like Podkicker.

RedFyn

What's so bad about the fire phone? As long as you can sideload apps I don't see what the big deal is. Other than the os which isn't my favorite although it has its perks.

Toki767

What's so bad about the fire phone? As long as you can sideload apps I don't see what the big deal is. Other than the os which isn't my favorite although it has its perks.

It's basically like Facebook's phone all over again, but with more features tied to Amazon, which theoretically could easily be put on any other phone if Amazon wants to release the app for it.

Portugeezer

My LG G2 Alarm snooze has not been working at times. Some days the snooze doesn't work, it will add 5 minutes or whatever but then when I check 20 minutes have passed the current time is past what the snooze is set to...

da fuq man.

Hasney

My Samsung one started doing that. I got Timely and it works much better and also have Wake Up Club on Vita as a backup now.

Quasar

Is there a podcast app that lets you manage your subscription via the web? I was so used to the way Google's Listen app integrated with Google Reader.. since that all went to crap I've been manually managing them using Podkicker and stupid OPML importing. Lovely app but it's too much effort to manually add feeds, even with something like FoxToPhone.

Open to any suggestions really. Main goal is to make it easy to discover new things to listen to and just be simple like Podkicker.

I think you can with pocket casts. You do have to pay for the web version though. I found it to be worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom