• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFyn

Its severely limited in functionality compared to last years moto g for a similar price?

What's to debate? Its less for your money.

Whats to debate?

Uhh, how about; What functionality is it missing compared to moto g? What makes it less for your money?

As far as I can tell its more for less. It costs less, has more memory and has more ram.

Trey

Android 5 doesn't seem to play nice with my nexus 5. Everything crashes, even the keyboard.

Google music is the worst of it.

Sch1sm

Thanks. Its a great idea if you use social networking sites. Sadly I don't use any. I just have an empty screen.

I thought it would be a blinkfeed clone.

I find the social network stuff a bit overwhelming. I wish it was just notifications or something that cropped up, rather than your entire feed in a 15 min + interval. I logged out of them all on the launcher because I was already tired of seeing all the Instagram selfies and tweets.

Toki767

I tried it for a little bit, but it seems kind of underwhelming. Everything just links to a popup window asking if you want to open the app. I also don't know how to get it to refresh.

XBP

It's compatible with it. No harm in trying. You'll almost immediately get invite codes via email, anyway. No loss.

I guess you're right. I'll try it out and see if I like it. Although it seems to be geared more towards people who are active on twitter/facebook etc.

I've used the first invite so thanks a lot for sharing.

Drifters

Shit is bananas!!
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/lgq7R44.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wI2CpKV.jpg[/img]
Excuse the orange screen, running twilight. So 1.5 days plus 3+ he's of SoT is amazing. I feel like every other phone post the M8 has to best this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I like the look of Flow, but I only use Instagram. Ok, Facebook too, but its just there and I sure as hell don't want the crappy fb stuff filling up my screen. So my screen is just Instagram stuff. Nice, but useless since I could just open up the app for that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nice look, but since it "connects to everything that matters" then lists a bunch of servces I barely use, it's less functional than my homescreen of shortcuts, alarm and Google Play Music.

Yep, no local calendar, tasks, gmail, news or g+ integration? Really? Right now everything is either odd tweets or instagram selfies. Not very useful, although it's pretty.

Groof

Yep, no local calendar, tasks, gmail, news or g+ integration? Really? Right now everything is either odd tweets or instagram selfies. Not very useful, although it's pretty.
Agreed, and I actually connected every service you can. Just not very useful.

Sch1sm

Nice look, but since it "connects to everything that matters" then lists a bunch of servces I barely use, it's less functional than my homescreen of shortcuts, alarm and Google Play Music.

I thought the same thing then I switched back to the Google Launcher. In theory it's great. I think I'd like it more if it was more of a notification type of thing rather than every single feed just thrown together.

j-wood

Anyone have a good case recommendation for the Droid Turbo? I want something that doesn't make it too bulky, but adds decent protection/

Nexus 4 upgrade?

I'm month to month with T-Mobile. Don't really want to go on plan again. Any screen over 5 inches is too big.

What are my options?

Would rather not spend over 400$

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still never got that $20 free credit people were getting via Chromecast even though it was bought before the promo.

Oh well I did cop that free copy of X-men digital.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nexus 4 upgrade?

I'm month to month with T-Mobile. Don't really want to go on plan again. Any screen over 5 inches is too big.

What are my options?

Just get a Nexus 5. It's just 5" so it's at the top end of your size, but it's not over it. Plus it's in your price range, and the hardware is still a massive step up from the N4.

That video is of no help to him because of his specific criteria.

linkboy

Nexus 4 upgrade?

What are my options?

Gotta agree with the Nexus 5 recommendations. I got mine back in August and I still have no complaints with it.

It does everything I need it to do and I'm in no hurry to upgrade anytime soon.

I was this close to getting an M8 yesterday (could get a crazy good deal), but decided not to. I know I'm gonna sound crazy, but looking at htc's current smartphone design on all their various devices, I just can't accept that big ass bezel on all sides. The bottom in particular is ridiculous. There's no need for that much wasted space for a tiny, unnecessary ass logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom