• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wow, my motomaker X got here in a day and a half from China, 4 business earlier than their anticipated date.

When did it ship?

Speaking of the Moto X, I have a cyber Monday code if anyone wants it. First to quote.

kehs

Banned
So the double tap to wake functionality on the Z3C stops working for me randomly after like three or four days. A restart of the phone fixes it.

This happening to anybody else?

Wreav

Banned
The battery seems shockingly bad so far. Probably because I'm banging on the radios downloading all my apps, but still...I can almost hear it dying with my ears.

Actually the Pro Key of Action Launcher 2, which you probable already had installed, became the full launcher. And the "free version" of the app became Action Launcher 3, which has an in-app purchase.

Confusing.

And I'm not against developers charging for big, meaningful updates which changes the whole feeling of the app. But Action Launcher 3 basically has that Quick Theme thing and material design, and lost a lot of the features of the previous version, including icon packs support.

I know Chris Lacy already told on G+ that some of these features are coming back, but now I don't really feel like it's a worthy upgrade.

oh... i guess that isn't so bad, but still... shady.

ana

Ordered a christmas present for myself.. Xperia z2 tablet.. Mostly because my Nexus 7 (first model) is slow as hell and it was on sale + Sony cashback (50€)

Wreav

Banned
The Moto X battery is just as bad as advertised. Started at 95%, only 3 hours SoT.

qWCTf6Y.jpg

Wreav

Banned
I'm at least finding the X camera to not be as people are making it out to be. Its zoom is nice and sharp, much better than the iPhones. The focal length is pretty bad though.

malyce

I'm sitting at 2.5 hours of screen time with 73% left after being off the charger for 8+ hours.

And they have the nerve to offer a $140 discount. Phone should be $140 off contract with $160 mail in rebate.

I'm at least finding the X camera to not be as people are making it out to be. Its zoom is nice and sharp, much better than the iPhones. The focal length is pretty bad though.

The colors are completely off and low light, well, let's just say I'd rather not take a picture in low light with it.

Wreav

Banned

The quality once zoomed is what I was referring to. That's just a function of the increased megapixelage on the X. Everything else about the iPhone's cam is better.

Only reason I picked this phone up was to dive in and learn Lollipop. I'll pass it along to some delivery driver in a week or two and happily return to the iPhone 6.

NotBacon

The Moto X battery is just as bad as advertised. Started at 95%, only 3 hours SoT.

SO damn close to being phone of the year.
You guys wonder why I hyped it up? I wasn't expecting them to fuck up that bad. If they actually put in the right size battery, it would have been the savior phone.

Not that it's terrible battery life, it just nowhere near phone-of-the-year tier.

NotBacon

The quality once zoomed is what I was referring to. That's just a function of the increased megapixelage on the X. Everything else about the iPhone's cam is better.

Only reason I picked this phone up was to dive in and learn Lollipop. I'll pass it along to some delivery driver in a week or two and happily return to the Nexus 6.

ftfy

Get your unicorn hunting gear on

dc89

So the double tap to wake functionality on the Z3C stops working for me randomly after like three or four days. A restart of the phone fixes it.

Nope, my Z3 is fine.

Also, I woke up this morning to see my Z3 telling me there is an Android Update available and I have to connect it to a computer! No problem, I thought it was Android 5.0 for a second but then I got disappointed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/xperia-z3-...-4-4-stock-firmware-build-23-0-1-5-77-1479255

thenexus6

Is the Nexus 7 2013 still a good purchase at this point? been thinking of getting a tablet for reading and general browsing. Don't want a big tablet and stock android is a plus. I had the OG N7 back in the day and liked it.

I've seen used ones going for as little as £80-90

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Is the Nexus 7 2013 still a good purchase at this point? been thinking of getting a tablet for reading and general browsing. Don't want a big tablet and stock android is a plus. I had the OG N7 back in the day and liked it.

I've seen used ones going for as little as £80-90

It can lag a little when pushed real hard by a few games, but I still find mines snappy enough. Daily browsing, comic reading, Netflix/Youtube and most apps are still a breeze for it.

Oni Jazar

Sorry works on my Z3C fine. I use double tap to wake exclusively.

That new xperia update is pretty important. Fixed a few issues and improves performance.

I want to fully backup my phone before I update the ROM. What's the easiest/best/free way to do it it? I always hear of Titanium Backup but my phone is not rooted.

Sch1sm

This might seem like a weird question, but where the hell am I able to buy an Nvidia shield tablet in australia?

No registered retailers/e-tailers for it on the Nvidia site for the country. One article said Mobilicity is apparently selling it, but they've marked it up quite a bit. Haven't seen it in stock on any AU site.

Pachimari

Hmm, honestly I'm not digging the new notification center design, at least on a LG G3. With the brightness, volume and shortcuts being black and the notifications being white. It's just too striking.

Thinking of buying a Blackberry Passport, how does loading non amazon store apps work with bb os?
y tho?

Friends don't let friends get blackberries and as a fellow gaffer I forbid you to do this. Sorry bud.

So Chrome is still a gigantic battery drain right? Cause ever since I tried using it again my idle time has gone to hell.
it's drainer while in use but I don't think it has hurt my idle time. Wouldn't be surprised though. Google gonna goog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom