• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBacon

Another marble in the Galaxy Note 4.5 jar. Still unsure whether to get it or Nexus 6.

Flip dat coin. No doubt you'll be happy either way and forget about the uncertainty a month from now. Get what makes you happy.

OnePlus Releases Its First Non-Cyanogen Software: An Alpha Lollipop Build For The One
This is what I'm hoping for that one plus just ditches Cyanogenmod and just uses stock on their next phone and going forward. Hopefully this is a sign?

This would be a very welcome change and actually make me consider looking at OnePlus for more than a second. Fuck CM. OnePlus hardware (with nothing defective) running pure Lollipop would be a dream.

Wreav

Banned
The no-taste-having goobers that set their font to Cool Jazz are probably the same ones that are blissfully satisfied with their Galaxies.

We've had systemic issues with Samsungs at work, like USB ports that just decide to stop working after a year. Our iPhone 5 and 5s and up have been awesome in terms of extended duribility on the other hand. Both sets live their lives in Otterboxes, so conditions are similar in terms of their exposure.

The no-taste-having goobers that set their font to Cool Jazz are probably the same ones that are blissfully satisfied with their Galaxies.

We've had systemic issues with Samsungs at work, like USB ports that just decide to stop working after a year. Our iPhone 5 and 5s and up have been awesome in terms of extended duribility on the other hand.

Are we talking about the iPhones whose chargers break every 4 or 5 months and are expensive to replace?

I wouldn't be surprised if apple lost points to the storage debacle. Probably tons of people with 8gb 5cs and 4S's who simply cannot do the update. I spoke to a zillion people super frustrated about that. Hasn't there been like 2 (lawsuits) over it as well? Tim Cook is probably pissed about it. Customer satisfaction is basically his favourite metric.

wilflare

any recommendations on a good Contacts app? for some reason, on my Note3, my contacts get "corrupted" from time to time (like the SMS shows the number instead of contact name - to fix I have to clear app data and cache and import my contacts again)

Pachimari

Hmph. I have recently learned to rip my blurays so I wanted to try and put it on my SD card but what app should I use?

MX Player, DicePlayer, MKV Player and VLC Player don't play the sound or format. I made it into a MKV file.

malyce

If the OPO didn't have such horrible quality control it would be a contender for POTY. Ordered another today because of the warm yellow tint on my current one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hmph. I have recently learned to rip my blurays so I wanted to try and put it on my SD card but what app should I use?

MX Player, DicePlayer, MKV Player and VLC Player don't play the sound or format. I made it into a MKV file.

On MX player, change it to software decoder. Should play sound that way.

Pachimari

I'm at a point were I can't seem to find anything to delete on my phone anymore. I have erased some games and what seems to take up most space is Hearthstone (800mb), Facebook (150mb) and Ridiculous Fishing (130mb).

So of system data takes up around 2gb, then I should have 14gb left. And I see I have spent 12gb on apps alone. There's not even any photos on it.

Hmm, thinking if I should sell my 16GB LG G3 now or just wait it out for an eventual 32GB LG G4 later this year..

What's the best browser for battery life? Chrome destroys my Moto G 2nd gen's battery.
A few pages ago I was posting how chrome was destroying my battery (like usual) on my nexus 9. I tried dolphin browsing just gaf again for the same amount of time and the difference was negligible but slightly better. Meh.

A few pages ago I was posting how chrome was destroying my battery (like usual) on my nexus 9. I tried dolphin browsing just gaf again for the same amount of time and the difference was negligible but slightly better. Meh.

Another reason why I dislike stock android.

Sony,HTC,Samsung and LG has browser's on their device that are much better, more optimize than chrome. Its been years now when they dump aosp and chrome still has issues.

XBP

What's the best browser for battery life? Chrome destroys my Moto G 2nd gen's battery.
I've been trying different browsers on the same phone for the last few days and so far Firefox and dolphin have been significantly less battery intensive.

So guys this year just started. Make one or more predictions for future bragging rights. Could be anything android. I'll start with....next nexus phone will be made by HTC and go back to being decently priced off contract.

Also LG will somehow jump the shark trying to one up Samsung.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So guys this year just started. Make one or more predictions for future bragging rights. Could be anything android. I'll start with....next nexus phone will be made by HTC and go back to being decently priced off contract.

Also LG will somehow jump the shark trying to one up Samsung.

Man, a return to that plan with the Nexus line would be MOST welcome.

Pachimari

I'm super curious about the LG G4 and what they'll do with it. I can imagine them keeping the 5.5" qHD display but what I really want is a better and optimized battery. Hopefully still with a removable back door.

Sch1sm

Not yet, I always just used chrome but it mever popped up as biggest battery user before now its even higher than the screen itself...

It's been higher than my screen for so long I can't remember if there was a time it wasn't. Try using a different browser. I tried Javelin and it was nearly as bad. So I just stuck to Chrome and started lugging my charger around. Irritating. Question - did you flash Lollipop or did you get an OTA? If the latter, did you factory reset at all?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am pretty sure lollipop is borked when it comes to battery use reporting, at least on the OPO.

When the SOT is more than 5 hours it is literally impossible for the browser to have used up more battery.

Guys if you have local music on your Android phone, how do you organize it? And do you use the Play Music app?

Yes I use the play music app, so glad I put all my music into the cloud with it, having access to all my music at work and while out and about without having to buy a memory card is great.

It's been higher than my screen for so long I can't remember if there was a time it wasn't. Try using a different browser. I tried Javelin and it was nearly as bad. So I just stuck to Chrome and started lugging my charger around. Irritating. Question - did you flash Lollipop or did you get an OTA? If the latter, did you factory reset at all?
I sideloaded the OTA as I delayed the OTA update and then later never got it again, and apart from the battery stats being all "weird", everything else works fine...

I am pretty sure lollipop is borked when it comes to battery use reporting, at least on the OPO.

When the SOT is more than 5 hours it is literally impossible for the browser to have used up more battery.

Something is definitely weird about the battery display and what is using what. It's an aspect of android I always hated, even in previous versions (and it always gets more weird), if I try to follow an app that is draining my battery, sometimes the system simply subtracts time used for whatever reason. Example, I check android system once, 1 hour of idle time usage, I check it later again during the same cycle, 20 minutes idle time usage...wtf where are the 40 minutes gone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom