• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone use the cloud backup service of Google Photos?

still deciding whether to just go with Dropbox or something else

Yes, its good stuff.

I don't use dropbox BC my phone already has google drive and photos so I never bother. Why install an additional 3rd party app on everything when you already have google bloat that does it. Jk

gcubed

Tegra X1. Buy or stay? No way we'll see wide adoption since the K1 was been selling soooo well right guys??????

The K1 never really had a phone capable chip. The shield is really good, the N9 performance wise is no slouch either, but they are still reeling from the bad experiences and press around the first tegra. Chromebooks are a big user of them as well. That being said, its no longer custom on the CPU side, they wide standard fare Arm A57/A53 cores. Kinda disappointing

If past history is any sign it will be very late

I feel like Sony could definitely make my next phone, if they'd update the UI elements and implement qi wireless charging. Of course there's hope for a proper Nexus phone this year.

SimleuqiR

I feel like Sony could definitely make my next phone, if they'd update the UI elements and implement qi wireless charging. Of course there's hope for a proper Nexus phone this year.

tumblr_inline_n5gmmdx9V11rjf3sr.jpg

How about a proper Nexus phone update by Sony.

Wreav

Banned

Since the Nexus 6 is launching this year, I doubt we see another one.

grmlin

LG-G-Flex-2.jpg

Smaller screen, but better resolution
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sony can't even sell their own phones, why make a Nexus

Why do I want a curved phone? Is there any reason for it?

I'm still undecided which phone to get this spring. Currently I have a S4 and for me the only alternative is a Nexus (I had one before the S4) or the Iphone.
I don't want to be part of the Android Update chaos anymore

Toki767

Nice to see that LG adopted the standard Lollipop buttons on the Flex 2. Their notification shade looks exactly the same as their Lollipop build on the G3 though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Shame about the 2GB of RAM. I can't say anything about curved phones. I've never seen a curved screen.

I saw the first one and it looks nice, but I already have a G2. This may be a worthwhile update instead of a G4 if they keep getting more and more giant.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Shame about the 2GB of RAM. I can't say anything about curved phones. I've never seen a curved screen.

It's DDR4 RAM, but still. 2GB and a weak battery means pass.

grmlin

I must admit, after watching the videos, I'm interested...

5,5", 1080p (more than enough for me)... if only the battery holds up well.

LG is quite fast with updates these days, right? What about the UI, is it similar to that what Samsung does with TouchWiz or more of a stock experience?

Pachimari

The SnapDragon 810 is the new chip everyone expects the phone of this year to introduce right? So that means I can expect a 810 in the LG G4, now that the G Flex 2 got it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is that 4GB DDR4 RAM? FUUU

Also, is there a ROM for the Nexus 6 that would allow me to use dual screen apps? Maybe I should just skip N6 altogether... So much good 810 and DDR4 RAM news coming out.

SimleuqiR

Is that 4GB DDR4 RAM? FUUU

Also, is there a ROM for the Nexus 6 that would allow me to use dual screen apps? Maybe I should just skip N6 altogether... So much good 810 and DDR4 RAM news coming out.

Skip it.
Google needs to learn to use all that screen real state for something. I'm sure they will copy some of the useful Samsung Note features down the road.

VoxPop

Glad to be back on Android for the time being. Don't really play any mobile games anymore so the app disparity isn't bad at all except for niche apps like Vango. Got hearthstone running on my M7 with a Lollipop ROM and its bliss.

Edit - is there a tweak that allows you to go to top of the page in chrome by hitting the status bar or address entry part like in iOS?

Pachimari

That Asus Zenfone 2 seems great and the design of the Zoom is nice.

Anyway, for months have I been looking for a Reddit app, which is the best? Reddit News Pro or reddit sync pro?

Random as hell, but the rear buttons on the new Asus phones just reminded me; how exactly do you take a screenshot on a recent LG phone? Is it still volume down plus power?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So since the Zenfone 2 uses the Intel Atom processor it'll have compatibility issues with a lot of apps, in particular games?

Hasney

So since the Zenfone 2 uses the Intel Atom processor it'll have compatibility issues with a lot of apps, in particular games?

Unless things have massively improved in 2 years, yeah. And I can't see why they would have improved since there were so few Intel devices to target anyway.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Unless things have massively improved in 2 years, yeah. And I can't see why they would have improved since there were so few Intel devices to target anyway.

Ugh, that's a bitch. I just read on Android Police that the $199 version may not come with 4Gb too, so maybe I got excited for nothing it seems.

Bri

The USB/SIM flap on my Z2 is loose and open itself in my pocket, after a month's use.

It's a fucking joke that they're not including a magnetic charger when you buy the phone.

thuway

What is the performance on the Zen Phone 2 supposed to be like? That price is literally insane. Get stock Android on it, and call it the next Nexus now.

Noema

How do Android apps respond to Intel processors? I thought that software is generally either ARM or x86 compatible.

Most apps run on Java so it doesn't matter what the hardware underneath is because they are compiled to bytecode, so that the Java VM can interpret and run the code; they aren't compiled to an specific hardware architecture. Since the VM itself is multiplatform, it can interpret the bytecode on x86, ARM, MiPS.

Native apps have to be compiled for each specific type of architecture though. Many games fall under this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom