• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USB/SIM flap on my Z2 is loose and open itself in my pocket, after a month's use.

It's a fucking joke that they're not including a magnetic charger when you buy the phone.

Yeah, those flaps on phones are always awful, especially when they cover something like the USB port. Of course it's necessary to make it waterproof, but at least include wireless charging to make it less of a hassle.

Pachimari

There's a 7" phone coming now as well, from Briggs & Spriggs.

n0lQNle.jpg

This non-removable battery in the G
Flex 2 makes me nervous, that the G4 will go for a non-removable as well.

The original LG Flex didn't have a removable battery either to my knowledge. It probably requires some weird, highly customized curved battery which I can only assume are a little harder to manufacture.

A removable battery is high on my list of features I want out of my next phone, so I certainly hope LG doesn't drop it for the G4! My Note 2 is still going strong after 2 years, so I'm anticipating that I'll probably stick with my next phone for quite a while assuming it has everything I'm looking for, so a removable battery by the time the included one dies is something I'm considering.

NotBacon

Also, is there a ROM for the Nexus 6 that would allow me to use dual screen apps? Maybe I should just skip N6 altogether... So much good 810 and DDR4 RAM news coming out.

There was a leak a couple months ago showing Google was working on it. Not sure of the validity of the leak though or if it'll even be for phones.

You're in a tough spot right now lol

New hardware but OEM skinned vs something Nexus-like in 7-10 months vs pulling the Nexus 6 trigger.
Flip a 3 sided coin

Nice it comes with Jelly Bean too from the looks of it

dankPhone

Reckoner

Is that 4GB DDR4 RAM? FUUU

Also, is there a ROM for the Nexus 6 that would allow me to use dual screen apps? Maybe I should just skip N6 altogether... So much good 810 and DDR4 RAM news coming out.

I have only seen the Flex 2. Are there any more news?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
This is ridiculous, what's the point of having a Nexus device if you can't get updates in a timely manner? Why doesn't my n7 2013 have lollipop yet?

VoxPop

How were they "fake beats"? No one said they were beats, people just assumed for what ever reason.

Well the Beats "integration" was heavily marketed along with their front facing speakers. And the earphones looked exactly like the regular beats earphones without the branding.

Official CM12 nightlies have started. Hooray.

I thought I was gonna update when this came, but to be honest 44S is pretty good so I might just wait until their next official build comes. They are supposed to release something this month, but noone knows if it will be 4.4 or Lollipop.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I thought I was gonna update when this came, but to be honest 44S is pretty good so I might just wait until their next official build comes. They are supposed to release something this month, but noone knows if it will be 4.4 or Lollipop.

Temasek's cm12 build has been great for me. Battery life is back to kk levels for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom