• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

At the end of the day, Wreav, the source you're listing isn't aiding your point. Its poll is in favour of the N6 by far. It's not neck and neck, it's significant. More megapixels only matter if you can use the camera right, anyway. Think Sony Z series. All those megapixels, but the auto sure isn't hitting that. A good portion of users don't even know how to reach its true capability.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Uncropped, iPhone wins handily, I'll stand by that. Shutter speed, low-light performance, noise levels, tonality are all heads and shoulders better than anything I've experienced on Android. I too am not crazy about digital zoom, but I will acknowledge that the iPhone completely falls apart when its pictures are zoomed, either in camera or in post. My point is you can't just wave a hand and dismiss the gains more megapixels gives you. Enough to where people picked the higher MP pics over the iPhone handily, even though the iPhone pics had better tonality.

Yeah. How people think a 5 MP camera is the same as a 10 MP camera, for example, is beyond me.

Wreav

Banned
At the end of the day, Wreav, the source you're listing isn't aiding your point. Its poll is in favour of the N6 by far. It's not neck and neck, it's significant. More megapixels only matter if you can use the camera right, anyway. Think Sony Z series. All those megapixels, but the auto sure isn't hitting that. A good portion of users don't even know how to reach its true capability.

The source that says that the N6's zoom/crop ability bests the iPhone isn't aiding my point that the iPhone falls apart when you zoom its camera? Am I taking crazy pills?

The point is that the test uses what appear to be crops for their comparison pictures, where it's obvious that the N6 wins due to megapixel-age.

gcubed

Discount zoom, then use it to feel better about your camera of choice. Clearly digital zoom/higher megapixels means something. The point is you CAN zoom and get better shots than an iPhone, which is what the PhoneArena test proves. Using tight crops achieves the same effect as using zoom.

I still think the iPhone wins at uncropped for color accuracy and tonality, but it's obvious their sensor is aged out of the market in terms of sharpness.

i dont include zoom when talking about who is better then who, and again, i dont think the N6 is better then the iphone, its much closer then anyone wants to give it credit for. The iphone 6, a lot of times, has terrible contrast. Its enough that i can usually pick out an iphone 6 image next to a nexus image almost all tests.

I really can't take you seriously if you think the iphone6 wins at color accuracy, as its the one constant thing its panned for in all reviews and comparisons... and its painfully obvious in the pictures from phone arena that you posted.

http://www.dxomark.com/Phones/Googl...ning-the-Photo-scores-in-a-little-more-detail

Sch1sm

The source that says that the N6's zoom/crop ability bests the iPhone isn't aiding my point that the iPhone falls apart when you zoom its camera? Am I taking crazy pills?

The point is that the test uses what appear to be crops for their comparison pictures, where it's obvious that the N6 wins due to megapixel-age.

Shit, I must be the one taking crazy pills. I swear I recall you saying just a few days ago before you crawled out with your tail between your legs that no Android camera compares to that of the iPhones. Let's search!

Oh... look.

Nothing on Android comes close to the iPhone's camera. Maybe the next flagships will catch up.

The only time I use iTunes is when I'm backing up or restoring my phone, which is to say rarely.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
nexus phones have terrible cameras its a fact get over it

Wreav

Banned
I swear I recall you saying just a few days ago before you crawled out with your tail between your legs that no Android camera compares to that of the iPhones.

I guess you glossed over my numerous posts today expanding on that statement, along with my original qualifier that the iPhone can't zoom for shit. You're looking for a fight, and that's all fine and good, but glass houses when it comes to reading comprehension and all that.

PHONES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS, HUH

Enco

I'm confused as to how updates work.

I've been going into the Play Store, searching for an app I have installed and updating that way.

Is there no update section, auto updates or update notifications?

Sch1sm

I guess you glossed over my numerous posts today expanding on that statement, along with my original qualifier that the iPhone can't zoom for shit. You're looking for a fight, and that's all fine and good, but glass houses when it comes to reading comprehension and all that.

PHONES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS, HUH

I'm just confused by your circular reasoning. iPhone is the best. No wait, iPhone has this falling back. But wait. iPhone is still superior. Makes me giggle. Last thing I want is a fight. I'd like clarification. A summation in which you clearly layout a singular argument with a few non-conflicting points, and maybe I'll look for a debate.

So serious.

I've been going into the Play Store, searching for an app I have installed and updating that way.

Go to menu > my apps.

Wreav

Banned

There are all of those things. Turn auto-updates on.

Sch1sm

I tried but not all of the apps on the phone up. I have to manually search and update before they do.

Also, how does autocorrect work? It's enabled but doesn't correct anything. Thanks for the help!

In your settings you can make autocorrect "aggressive." But aside from that, it's a pretty hit and miss. What language are you using? That could be the problem.

Is there an app that lets you use a long hold on the volume buttons when the phone is off to change the current track in Play Music? It was my favorite feature in CyanogenMod.

Groof

Just playing some Crossy Road on my silver iPhone 6, the mobile phone that leads the industry in camera optics technology, waiting for 5'' Android that can last all day long.

I've never heard of that. Is that the new Huawei phone? The iphone zoom or something LOL

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I love the look of the Lenovo Vibe X2. The color scheme is unusual for a phone but great.

Honestly Localcast works fine for me direct from my tablet.

That being said I rarely use it. Most of the time I'm just using streaming apps like Netflix or HBO Go.

Ironically I've just learned that Apple TV has a hack that adds the missing codecs, but it appears ChromeCast doesn't?

I just want a nice little streaming device that supports everything my PC does :(.

Hasney

Ironically I've just learned that Apple TV has a hack that adds the missing codecs, but it appears ChromeCast doesn't?

I just want a nice little streaming device that supports everything my PC does :(.

Rasberry Pi. Even the Apple backs won't support everything once things move on once again.

Lockon

What's better: Nexus 6 or Xperia Z3?

I have to get a new phone because my current one (HTC One M7) have a broken LCD after an accident.

It seems like Nexus 6 is not in stock right now though...

EDIT: Nvm...I think Nexus 6 is too big for me even though it has better screen and resolution...

catmincer

I have to get a new phone because my current one (HTC One M7) have a broken LCD after an accident.

EDIT: Nvm...I think Nexus 6 is too big for me even though it has better screen and resolution...

If you want a rather large device then nexus 6. The z3 has a crazy good battery life and water proof is handy.

Sch1sm

You get used to bigger screens. What are you looking for in the phone?

wilflare

I really want to use Google Photos.. but it's awful as a Gallery app.

does it sync your photos back automatically when you switch to a new phone?

Lockon

If you want a rather large device then nexus 6. The z3 has a crazy good battery life and water proof is handy.

You get used to bigger screens. What are you looking for in the phone?

I'm not looking for big screen/frame that's for sure. Battery life is more important for me since I play games a lot on my HTC One. I would like to get better resolution but it is not that important.

So yea I just really want to play games for the most part. Oh and good audio would be nice too.

Sch1sm

When you open the app the first time and verify you want to use x email for it, yeah, all there immediately.

I'm not looking for big screen/frame that's for sure. Battery life is more important for me since I play games a lot on my HTC One. I would like to get better resolution but it is not that important.

So yea I just really want to play games for the most part. Oh and good audio would be nice too.

Z3 it is, then. Absolutely can't wait for new flagships? I'd go for as cheap as possible and look for a 2015 replacement. You know. Once everything is out and those who mass bought January - July are listing whatever issues and likes they had, naturally.

Bboy AJ

Would you get the Nexus 6 or the Moto Nexus 6?

Kind of yeah.

wilflare

When you open the app the first time and verify you want to use x email for it, yeah, all there immediately.

Z3 it is, then. Absolutely can't wait for new flagships? I'd go for as cheap as possible and look for a 2015 replacement. You know. Once everything is out and those who mass bought January - July are listing whatever issues and likes they had, naturally.

Would you get the Nexus 6 or the Moto Nexus 6?

Kind of yeah.

can we decide which photos to sync? will be crazy if it simply syncs back all 16GB or more of photos

Lockon

If I'm buying Z3, which model/version do I need to get for it to work with AT&T's 4G LTE? I'm seeing people say D6603 but I'm not sure.

Finally jumped aboard the Android train. I've used Windows Phone for the last 5 years, and I now got a Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm not completely oblivious to the OS, but what are some things I have to know, that may not be common knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom