• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

Is there a way to output audio through usb while using Google Play Music on a car stereo? Mine worked fine with the iPhone, so I'm wondering if there are any apps that would emulate it or something like that.

I can also do this with just Hangouts.

doesn't do that with my phone number.

Is there a way to output audio through usb while using Google Play Music on a car stereo? Mine worked fine with the iPhone, so I'm wondering if there are any apps that would emulate it or something like that.

is a car stereo different from other USB Audio devices? the USB dongle for the PS3 headset just works (tm) when plugged into a USB Host adapter for the devices i tried.

Reckoner

doesn't do that with my phone number.

is a car stereo different from other USB Audio devices? the USB dongle for the PS3 headset just works (tm) when plugged into a USB Host adapter for the devices i tried.

I don't have one, though. I read that it is not supported on Android devices, to output audio from Spotify and Google Play Music. Only with an aux cable. I bet someone already got a workaround for it, but I can't find.

Tegras cpu overheats like a bitch too.

Android is fucked this year if they don't get this sorted.

Even worse, my Qualcomm stock will be double fucked.

Fuck

who was that guy that said to wait until 2016 for 2nd gen 64 bit socs? it was that one guy who posts in here all the time... on the tip of my tongue, i swear!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Ugh at 810 news. Alright, I'll get the Nexus 6 tomorrow.

who was that guy that said to wait until 2016 for 2nd gen 64 bit socs? it was that one guy who posts in here all the time... on the tip of my tongue, i swear!

I thought it was well known this year would be a hack job since they went with the a57 instead of their krait core. Regardless, I doubt anyone thought it would be this bad. Hopefully this shit gets sorted or isn't accurate.

S6 and m9 announcements just got more interesting and apple may just get the monopoly they've always wanted... The last thing new high res lollipop phones need is shitty CPUs.

Hasney

No they're on Tick/Flop

V8XC7Tx.gif

Toki767

I kind of wonder what manufacturers will do if the 810 isn't ready to go. I mean, I guess most could just use the 805 or 808 and things would theoretically be fine. I don't really see most delaying their phone launches.

Hasney

I kind of wonder what manufacturers will do if the 810 isn't ready to go. I mean, I guess most could just use the 805 or 808 and things would theoretically be fine. I don't really see most delaying their phone launches.

Well the Z4 had that second round of rumours that shoved an 805 in it. Maybe it does end up being the sensible option and there's a mix of phones playing it safe with the 805 or ones that shove in the 810 anyway because it makes for a nice bullet point, even if the heat throttling does make it bench lower.

Be interesting to see if 6" phones have the slight bit of thermal headroom to use the 810.

One good thing for that Flex 2 is the self healing back cover, which does look pretty cool.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G-Flex-2-self-healing-back-cover-demo_id64556

Hasney

Guess it gives an opening for Intel then.

Not really. A GPU intensive game using binary translation has worse performance than anything in the Snapdragon 800 range. Unless the native app gap closes, it's not good enough in my eyes.

It is a real shame NVidia weren't waiting with a phone focused architecture as that could have helped a lot. But even then, the biggest thing for the manufacturers with Snapdragon is the built-in LTE modem which neither Intel or NVidia have.

EDIt: Bay Trail-T apparently does have built in LTE.

Toki767

The Z4 is still rumored to use a 1080p display right? If so I'd imagine the 805 is probably going to be cheaper and there won't be much noticeable difference.

Samsung I guess could always just use their own Exynos CPU.

LG could also use their own Nuclon CPU.

Motorola typically uses last year parts for their phones so they'll probably be on the 805 for this year's Moto X (that or by the time it releases the 810 will probably be ready to go)

HTC seems like they'd be screwed. I guess they're the main company that would have to decide between going with the 805, 808, or not care if the 810 overheats.

Hasney

I think Sony would be dumb to drop the 6 month thing now, just in case Qualcomm get their shit together for the Z5.

Been looking through for some comparisons and the 805 version of the Note 4 lasts longer on wireless connections while the Exynos lasts longer on CPU/GPU intensive apps. Then I ran into a whole mess with the new U variant that supports cat 6 LTE, but some have a Sony camera sensor and some have ISOCELL. No wonder we can't always find a bonafide source for cameras.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

You should know being a Samsung homer that all of the Sammy 64 bit chips using the same arm cores run just fine.

This is more of Qualcomm/TSMC fuck up.

So I'm ready for an upgrade and I need opinions. I currently have a Note 2. I am trying to decide between the Note 4 and the Xperia 3Zv. What do you guys think? Pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I unplugged my phone this morning at 6:45, and its 9:40 now and the battery is at 57%. Bluetooth streaming, a few phone calls, some light web surfing. I even rebooted my phone this morning because I had noticed the ridiculous drain this past week. The usage stats all seem to point at various Google/android services. And just last page or so, people were talking about not needing any battery monitoring apps on android, but what am I supposed to do? This phone was a superb device in terms of battery life, like top tier.

malyce

Come one apple, bump that 6S+ to 2GB come September and I'm soooo there. I'll even use your shitty OS unjailbroken if you promise to bump the battery to 3300mah.

Hasney

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Do you think Intel's close to being contender in the mobile chip space?

They're getting there, but the fact they're using x86 is still an issue with the app store. If they can keep making strides in making binary translation faster and/or getting more devs to support it (which the Nexus Player will help with), then it will be much more viable and be huge competition for Qualcom in a few years.

Obviously if they fuck up more like the 810 so far, then it'll be easier for them.

This is what allows the G Flex 2 to bend so easily :3

My prediction? Z4 will have an 805. Bank on it

Underclocked S810 is what the current word is. That's not just Sony either, everyone is looking at that route until Qualcomm offer a revision that can run at full speed.

Wreav

Banned
Underclocked S810 is what the current word is. That's not just Sony either, everyone is looking at that route until Qualcomm offer a revision that can run at full speed.

So we're all in agreement that the N6 is still the phone to get this year, then.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Any reason if Qualcomm is fucked that Samsung wouldn't/shouldn't use their own chipset world wide this time?

Why wait if you have your own chipset that works? I've always wondered why they went with the Snap anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom