• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is "updated" UI look like

it simple to use and do the job done

I'm wondering the same thing...

I'm pretty much used all OEM skins extensively..looks wise...

Sense > xperia > stock > lg >touchwiiz > iOS

Come on, look at this:

gsmarena_004.jpg
gsmarena_007.jpg
gsmarena_016.jpg
gsmarena_023.jpg

I think the thing I hate most about skins is the sameness of it all. To me touchwiz and xperia ui and whatever have all looked more or less the same for so long now whereas stock has gone through a lot of transformation. I remember first getting ice cream sandwich and it was wtfomg and I think lollipop although not as drastic as a lot to the aesthetic. Meanwhile everything else stays looking dumb as hell.

Xperia UI specifically bugs me a lot but because it seems like a OS made almost only out of unnecessary tweaks to stock. Which is also why moto wins. Their tweaks aren't bad and they aren't heavy and they don't change android they just add a feature here and there. Everyone trying too hard to create their own brand when clearly customers don't care. I bet samsung thinks customers like touchwiz. Plummeting sales are obviously indicative of that not being true but they shall continue trying.

Looks good to me. No clutter

Gets the job done. Whats wrong with it?

What more you need? Touchwiz'd multitasking powah?

I don't need more. I need less.

And oh man, that iPhone 6 thread in off-topic is something else. You know it's a sad day when you've got NotBacon telling someone that they're making Android users look bad :p

I think the thing I hate most about skins is the sameness of it all. To me touchwiz and xperia ui and whatever have all looked more or less the same for so long now whereas stock has gone through a lot of transformation. I remember first getting ice cream sandwich and it was wtfomg and I think lollipop although not as drastic as a lot to the aesthetic. Meanwhile everything else stays looking dumb as hell.

Xperia UI specifically bugs me a lot but because it seems like a OS made almost only out of unnecessary tweaks to stock. Which is also why moto wins. Their tweaks aren't bad and they aren't heavy and they don't change android they just add a feature here and there. Everyone trying too hard to create their own brand when clearly customers don't care. I bet samsung thinks customers like touchwiz. Plummeting sales are obviously indicative of that not being true but they shall continue trying.

Ehhh, TouchWiz definitely looks better than it did when I had an S3... now THAT was one ugly ass UI.

Oh yes it does. That Sony UI is why I didn't consider the Z4. It's bad enough on my Vita.

It's not bad at all on the z3. It's clean and functional.

Plus I don't get the whole obsession with the UI...they all pretty much work the same.

Majority of the time I am using an app or browser..

Do you guys majority of the tine just stare on the home screen, app drwer and go back and fort of the settings??

Groof

I'm excited for MWC but I'm not keeping my hopes up. M9 and G4 are the phones I'm most interested in but assuming will have one huge flaw that will destroy them.

Have you ever tried Lollipop?

Yes I've tried and used lollipop since ever since the Dev preview and using 5.2 now on a nexus.

I've owned pretty much all the latest recent OEM phones..
I'm using a note 4 and iPhone 6+ now, previously an z3, g3 lte-a and m8.,.I was going to import the gsm droid turbo but gave up trying to import from south america.

So yeah I've had extensive experience with different ui..and OEM skin have come a long way..

I don't just own 1 phone and worship that 1 phone to justify my purchase.

Some people here crap on certain oem even though theyve only used a nexus..seriously some people here believe google cant do wrong...its kinda weird, its almost as bad as an iPhone fanboy.

Aldebaran

Yes I've tried and used lollipop since ever since the Dev preview and using 5.2 now on a nexus.

I've owned pretty much all the latest recent OEM phones..
I'm using a note 4 and iPhone 6+ now, previously an z3, g3 lte-a and m8.,.I was going to import the gsm droid turbo but gave up trying to import from south america.

So yeah I've had extensive experience with different ui..and OEM skin have come a long way..

Some people here crap on certain oem even though theyve only used a nexus..seriously some people here believe google cant do wrong...its kinda weird, its almost as bad as an iPhone fanboy.
I'm not saying that Google can't do wrong, and I'm not a Nexus fanboy (I'm not even using a Nexus), but saying that stock Lollipop doesn't look better than the majority of OEM's skins is silly. You can have preferences, sure, but don't tell me that every UI is the same.

I finished reading the iPhone 6 thread and only came here to say that I really appreciate you guys. I'm glad that you're not such nut jobs. That guy is just something else, holy shit.

kharma45

Sony's skin is shit. Was never a fan of it when I had a Z2.

I finished reading the iPhone 6 thread and only came here to say that I really appreciate you guys. I'm glad that you're not such nut jobs. That guy is just something else, holy shit.

Sounds like it's worth a read.

That thread hysterical. I wonder why TekGryphon doesn't post here. It would make for a great laugh. Maybe it's for the best.

I still don't see what's so bad about Sony's UI. Especially after using Lollipop for some time. But it's all opinion.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hmm, so it looks like I didn't have the option of cloud photo uploads only while charging checked on my Nexus 6. Why it isn't checked when it's checked on my Nexus 5, I don't know. But that, combined with never having a cell signal, could be a battery culprit. Hmmm. I'm excited for tomorrow.

Also, GPS locking on with N6 is SO MUCH faster than N5.

It's not bad at all on the z3. It's clean and functional.

Plus I don't get the whole obsession with the UI...they all pretty much work the same.

Majority of the time I am using an app or browser..

Do you guys majority of the tine just stare on the home screen, app drwer and go back and fort of the settings??
say that to touchwiz which can slow a phone down. Or confusing settings. Or when the notifications look different. Or multitasking screen. etc...it can be pervasive depending on the skin. Most importantly though it's about updates to me. I want the latest and greatest asap. I don't want to wait months and months because there's a shitty skin which even you are admitting are pretty pointless considering you're not looking at it often.

That thread hysterical. I wonder why TekGryphon doesn't post here. It would make for a great laugh. Maybe it's for the best.

I still don't see what's so bad about Sony's UI. Especially after using Lollipop for some time. But it's all opinion.
I don't really mind it but it does look a bit dated in some places. Some of the icons, some of the insides of some apps. Not the hugest deal since you don't have to use their apps though.

In the end though the Z4c might be the only non stock carrying phone I'd consider at this point in time but sony's mobile future scares me too much.

I'm not saying that Google can't do wrong, and I'm not a Nexus fanboy (I'm not even using a Nexus), but saying that stock Lollipop doesn't look better than the majority of OEM's skins is silly. You can have preferences, sure, but don't tell me that every UI is the same.

Holo looks like shit, but saying material design is on the same level is just laughable.

NotBacon

Okay so you really do just have bad taste

Hmmm if only I had a job that gave me access to every major phone you've ever heard of. If only I used personal experiences to back up everything I post. If only I weighed everything about each phone I use to make my purchases.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you're talking about TekGryphon, yeah that guy is pretty bad.
If you're calling me a fanboy? GTFO of here

UFO

Banned
Come on, look at this:

So in order to make a point you have to post screens where the notification bar is completely full, and the UI is full of unnecessary widgets which can easily be removed, and the background is gaudy. Your argument holds no water. The Sony UI is the manufacturer skin closest to stock and that's been proven by every android outlet that has reviewed the Xperia.

say that to touchwiz which can slow a phone down. Or confusing settings. Or when the notifications look different. Or multitasking screen. etc...it can be pervasive depending on the skin. Most importantly though it's about updates to me. I want the latest and greatest asap. I don't want to wait months and months because there's a shitty skin which even you are admitting are pretty pointless considering you're not looking at it often.

I don't really mind it but it does look a bit dated in some places. Some of the icons, some of the insides of some apps. Not the hugest deal since you don't have to use their apps though.

In the end though the Z4c might be the only non stock carrying phone I'd consider at this point in time but sony's mobile future scares me too much.
My friend hates the look of Sony's icons so you're not alone in that. I'm still waiting for that 5.1 update though :p
we're probably too soft and moist to hang out with.
Pussycats
Okay so you really do just have bad taste
Hater's gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom