• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing ATiTs is good for is demoing phones at their stores. Very handy since they don't keep a large strap over the phones on dislay (Looking at you T-Mobile).

How do I get the remote play app to work on my phone? I downloaded the apk and installed it but I can't connect my DS4?

the app allows you to connect to a PS4, but you needs built-in existing support to connect a DS4 to your Android device. that means your device already has to support the DS4 natively or you need root to be able to support connecting a DS4.

So 810 is gonna be like the S600. Good, but the next version will be where they iron out the kinks and bump up the clock speed.

man... who was it that said that 2015 was the closest thing to a skip year we've ever had in mobile phone tech? who was that visionary? that paragon?

maybe Apple can save this year in September...

Toki767

To be fair the S600 was a step up from the S4. Just like 810 will be a step up from the 805.

Yeah, although it's seeming like like the S600, the 810 is going to be one upped by something else by the end of the year which the next Nexus is probably going to use.

Seems like rumors point towards the LG G4 going back down to a 5.3" QHD screen. I don't know if I'd trust the 4GB of RAM rumor for it and the Galaxy S6 though. Seems like such overkill.

Drifters

I'm actually going to blog about Lollipop being Google's Vista. It's sad but true. KitKat is like trusty XP... Just too good to leave.

NotBacon

I'm actually going to blog about Lollipop being Google's Vista. It's sad but true. KitKat is like trusty XP... Just too good to leave.

Nah, lots of people are satisfied with Lolly. Nobody was satisfied with Vista. Was there a Windows with a botched release?

Drifters

Nah, lots of people are satisfied with Lolly. Nobody was satisfied with Vista. Was there a Windows with a botched release?
Lots of people loved Vista because of its features too but that's not to say it wasn't a steamy pile of hashbrowns.

Lets see...isn't every Windows release a botched one?

Lots of people loved Vista because of its features too but that's not to say it wasn't a steamy pile of hashbrowns.

Lets see...isn't every Windows release a botched one?
Windows 7 was pretty good, I think? Unless I'm forgetting launch woes. I was younger and only into video games at the time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Most ridiculous thing I've heard in some time. Yeah, the memory bug is annoying (although it seems to take longer to manifest itself for me than for some people), but other than that and a few other regressions (like the lack of dedicated lock screen media controls) Lollipop is by far the best version of Android ever. Vastly superior to KK overall.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, I've been trying to decide between on a tablet in the $200-$400 range lately. The closer to $200 the better, of course. I've been considering the 2013 N7 and the new N9. Just now I started looking at the Shield tablet.

My concern is with the Nvidia graphics chip. Will there be any compatibility issues with games off of Google Play because it is a Tegra? I'd read they'd fallen out of vogue these past few years. I have heard that tablets running Intel chips have issues with a lot of apps, and I'd like to avoid that with the Shield. At $300 it seems like a nice compromise between the older N7 2013 and the more expensive N9.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Pachimari

Can someone here help me rooting a LG G3, so that I can get stock Lollipop installed on it? Because I have never rooted a phone before. :(

NotBacon

Hey guys, I've been trying to decide between on a tablet in the $200-$400 range lately. The closer to $200 the better, of course. I've been considering the 2013 N7 and the new N9. Just now I started looking at the Shield tablet.

My concern is with the Nvidia graphics chip. Will there be any compatibility issues with games off of Google Play because it is a Tegra? I'd read they'd fallen out of vogue these past few years. I have heard that tablets running Intel chips have issues with a lot of apps, and I'd like to avoid that with the Shield. At $300 it seems like a nice compromise between the older N7 2013 and the more expensive N9.

Nokia N1. Reportedly going to be $249 whenever it comes out.

Drifters

Most ridiculous thing I've heard in some time. Yeah, the memory bug is annoying (although it seems to take longer to manifest itself for me than for some people), but other than that and a few other regressions (like the lack of dedicated lock screen media controls) Lollipop is by far the best version of Android ever. Vastly superior to KK overall.

Having played in both sides of the pool, I'm not so sure. A lot of the nice subtle features that KK had got completely trashed in LP and almost jeered by their design team. Many people LOVED the album art display / media controls on KK but hate them on LP. Also, anyone (including yourself) who don't find the change to notifications jarring hasn't used Android long enough. Myself, I don't really care as I use an app to silence my phone and don't mess with the setting menu. Also, who thought the double swipe down was a good idea is daft; most annoying thing that should not have gone past a beta test.

Groof

The only real things that got botched in Lollipop were the sound profiles and lock screen music controls.

As for the double swipe down... What's so different? Swipe twice or swipe and tap once. Or two finger swipe. in KitKat you had two of those ways, now you have 3.

Drifters

2013 N7 is superior to most choice out on the market tbh. Slimport HDMI out, 32GB space is cheap, running 5.0.2 stock, good wi-fi, good screen; Less than $250 bucks.

As far as other options, your priority should be Shield Tablet then N9 as last resort. I would even state, wait a month till after Mobile World Congress next month when all sorts of new goodies get announced. If you can't, source a N7 to last a year and wait until fall or winter to pick up another great tablet based the next best chipset. There's also a big push for 64-bit chips but a lot of the tablets are still less than 2GB of memory right now.

Pachimari

Will it be easy for me to root?

I will backup all of my information, and then I plan on rooting my LG G3 and set it up as new with stock Android 5.0 Lollipop if that is possible?

Mindwipe

In a quality per dollar test the 2013 N7 is unbeatable given how cheap you can pick it up for now if you look around.

Alleged HTC M9 prototype leaks. My guess it's just the M9 specs in an M8 body, including huge camera:

mfRGGe1.jpg

esFdJRI.jpg

terrier

HTC design is getting a bit tiring imo. Doesn't help that iphone 6 is quite similar. Time for a change HTC (and please slim that bezel please

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Has anyone gotten this update? The article links to the May at&t blog post when the rollout was originally supposed to take place. It's early, but I didn't see anything on xda either and a poster was wondering if it wasn't a false report based on an old blog post. Which serves to make me even more depressed.

Noema

Just the forced switch to ART alone makes lollipop worth it.

I still think it's just a testing unit and the body of the M9 will look different but yeah the overall design language is kind of wearing out it's welcome.

Reckoner

For people with the Nexus 6, does your back cover have any spots/smudges? I noticed them since the time I took it out of the box, but I read other people having the same thing, so I thought that maybe it wasn't a big deal. I can only see them on certain lightning conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom