• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bit on the moto g from bestbuy, picking it up later today. Busy weekend so I won't have time to tinker with it but maybe I'll sacrifice sleep for that. I'll be rooting it first thing then onto the emulators plus dualshock 3. Not sure if I want to check and update the OS or if I actually want it on an older one

EvetS

battest.jpg

First gen 2k mobile panel sucking all that juice... Not looking forward to weakass battery life with >1080p display handsets releasing this year.

Edit:
lg-g2-battery-score.jpg

Dr. Funk, how do you explain such deviation except for the panel?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Is it good though?

Quality wise, I'd rank it as:

1. M8
2. G3
3. Z2

It's loud as, but not as "full" as the M8. It's lacking a bit in bass, imo

Edit: EvetS, that's gotta be sarcasm, it's too early in the morn to think

DrFunk

battest.jpg

First gen 2k mobile panel sucking all that juice... Not looking forward to weakass battery life with >1080p display handsets releasing this year.

Edit:
lg-g2-battery-score.jpg

Of course, the panel is to blame, but considering the fact it is QHD panel, overall 69 hrs is damn impressive

battest.jpg

Edit:
lg-g2-battery-score.jpg

Hmmm....bit dissapointed, I was hoping for it to be on par with the z2 in battery life..I know that's over stretching it but that that's kinda is a big drop on the webrowsing..

DrFunk

It's doesn't match Sony's voodoo battery tech, but considering how bright this motherfucker can get, well...it's good

EvetS

Hmmm....bit dissapointed, I was hoping for it to be on par with the z2 in battery life..I know that's over stretching it but that that's kinda is a big drop on the webrowsing..

Yeah, maybe LG's second gen panel can be a little less thirsty, or can JDC produce a superior 2k panel?

If I remember correctly, gsmarena test battery at 50% brightness. So even then the G3 isn't doing that great while being less bright than everything else.

Groof

battest.jpg

Edit:
lg-g2-battery-score.jpg

Considering it not only has a 1440p panel but also beats its predecessor I think that's pretty damn good. The G2 had excellent battery life, add a few hours on top of what was already good and you'll be fine.

Considering it not only has a 1440p panel but also beats its predecessor I think that's pretty damn good. The G2 had excellent battery life, add a few hours on top of what was already good and you'll be fine.

I still do know how Sony make the z2 battery so crazy good,...I thought the Z1 battery life was rather dissapointing, I had the m8 very briefly and it actually had better battery life than the z1, but the z2 is just insane.

But yeah considering the screen of the G3, the battery life is decent. I wonder why they didn't go for a 3200 mah instead...

Groof

I still do know how Sony make the z2 battery so crazy good,...I thought the Z1 battery life was rather dissapointing, I had the m8 very briefly and it actually had better battery life than the z1, but the z2 is just insane.

But yeah considering the screen of the G3, the battery life is decent. I wonder why they didn't go for a 3200 mah instead...

I'm guessing it has to do with them doing the removable back thing. I would've rather they went with a closed back and 3200mah battery instead, but it is what it is and it seems pretty good.

MarkusRJR

What're some different manufacturers of phones? I'm kind of sick of the usual brands (LG, Samsung, HTC, etc). I already know about Oppo and OnePlus, but are there any other decent ones I'm forgetting? I kind of want to try a different manufacturer for my next phone.

I'm guessing it has to do with them doing the removable back thing. I would've rather they went with a closed back and 3200mah battery instead, but it is what it is and it seems pretty good.

Same here, my experience with removable battery is that I rather use an external battery pack if i know iwill be needing extra juice, plus its universal. Most 3rd party replacement battery doesn't perform well as the expensive OEM battery. I hate those 3rd party battery that is twice as big as OEM, but only last 10 percent longer. I change my phone often enough that buying extra OEM battery will just be a waste for me.

kinggroin

Banned
I wish all android phones were made by Samsung. Tired of so many manufacturers not getting it the way they do.

So that said, Note 3 or Galaxy S 5?

What're some different manufacturers of phones? I'm kind of sick of the usual brands (LG, Samsung, HTC, etc). I already know about Oppo and OnePlus, but are there any other decent ones I'm forgetting? I kind of want to try a different manufacturer for my next phone.

Blu

MarkusRJR

Are they any good at all? I like the look of the VIVO IV and the Life Pure XL. The former looks super sleek and the latter has decent specs.

Basically my main options currently are either the OnePlus One or the Oppo Find 7a. The former is invite only and the latter hasn't been available in stock for a full month. Any other alternatives would be welcome.

Groof

Same here, my experience with removable battery is that I rather use an external battery pack if i know iwill be needing extra juice, plus its universal. Most 3rd party replacement battery doesn't perform well as the expensive OEM battery. I hate those 3rd party battery that is twice as big as OEM, but only last 10 percent longer. I change my phone often enough that buying extra OEM battery will just be a waste for me.

Removable backs+batteries only work if they include the spare in the box. And afaik they only do this in Korea, so that's the only place it makes sense to get a phone like that.

Are they any good at all? I like the look of the VIVO IV and the Life Pure XL. The former looks super sleek and the latter has decent specs.

Basically my main options currently are either the OnePlus One or the Oppo Find 7a. The former is invite only and the latter hasn't been available in stock for a full month. Any other alternatives would be welcome.

All of their phones have good reviews on Amazon. You can find some reviews on Youtube too.

Okay, so my options are gonna be the Blu Life Pure XL, OnePlus One, or the Oppo Find 7a. I'll wait till the latter end of the month to decide depending on availability.

I'd go for the one plus. It's supposed to have general availability by the end of this month.

MarkusRJR

I'd go for the one plus. It's supposed to have general availability by the end of this month.
Yeah seems it'll have the best battery life (largest battery of the three). The specs between the 3 are basically identical (800/801, 2-3gb RAM, 5.5" IPS displays using same technologies, etc) so it's just the software and storage. Cyanogen will probably update it for longer than the other two phones so it makes sense to go for the OnePlus One.

If I can't get the 64gb OnePlus One by the end of the month. I'll look to the Oppo Find 7a, and if that still hasn't been restocked I'll get the 32gb Blue Life Pure XL. My current phone has cracked glass jutting out of it in spots, so I can't wait too long.

Yeah seems it'll have the best battery life (largest battery of the three). The specs between the 3 are basically identical (800/801, 2-3gb RAM, 5.5" IPS displays using same technologies, etc) so it's just the software and storage. Cyanogen will probably update it for longer than the other two phones so it makes sense to go for the OnePlus One.

If I can't get the 64gb OnePlus One by the end of the month. I'll look to the Oppo Find 7a, and if that still hasn't been restocked I'll get the 32gb Blue Life Pure XL. My current phone has cracked glass jutting out of it in spots, so I can't wait too long.

Keep in mind, it doesn't look like that Blu phone has LTE.

NotBacon

Based Moto

battest.jpg

Edit:
lg-g2-battery-score.jpg

web browser deviation is quite different from video playback tho...

my experience with removable batteries is ... and i know this doesn't affect you since you change phones every month ... total capacity drops over time. a year in, i can have a completely fresh battery as my main and use the 80% capacity original as a backup. i have an external pack too, but that's not something i carry every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom