• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

scently

Hi guys. Please I need some help.

I have a Nexus 5 but my phone has refused to update to 4.4.3. It will download and then restart to install. A little while into installing it stops and says "error". It then restarts. Sometime later I will get the alert to download the update again but the same thing happens every time. Any way to solve this?

Quoting myself. Anybody know a solution?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hi guys. Please I need some help.

I have a Nexus 5 but my phone has refused to update to 4.4.3. It will download and then restart to install. A little while into installing it stops and says "error". It then restarts. Sometime later I will get the alert to download the update again but the same thing happens every time. Any way to solve this?

You can be rooted and still update fine, but if you have modified anything in the system (which root lets you do) the update will fail. So you most likely need to go back to stock (not counting root).

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Quoting myself. Anybody know a solution?

Yeah. I had this issue with 4.4.4. Just flash the factory image and boot via adb. You've tinkered with your phone so I'm sure you can figure out how to handle this advice.

phoenixyz

Yeah, I wish Apex had this feature. I use the widget, but I'd rather have it automatically go full screen

You can assign a swipe gesture to opening Google Now or let it open on pressing the home button when already on the homescreen. Nearly as good.

thenexus6

Installed L keyboard earlier today. Typing on it right now. This thing is amazingly quick.

Link? Can you just install with kikkat?

edit I saw it on play store going to install now.

edit edit.

1) this keyboard is nice

2) it solves that annoying thing were when you use a third party keyboard in the settings the google default one is ticked and greyed out so you can't never deselect it. So every time you are in an app typing you get a keyboard select icon in your tool bar at the top. If you select the L keyboard,then Swy Swiftkey you can then deselect L keyboard so that tool bar thing never comes back again! (Did that make any sense?)

jokkir

My Pressy (not really from Pressy) arrived

hD1HBVQ.jpg

wBlTod0.jpg

EVvxxdS.jpg

KrKsN6a.jpg

3lJoQBx.jpg

6eD2cyN.jpg

First impressions:
+ Neat idea
+ The holder is cool and you can attach it to your earphone wire (the second hole beside the plug holster)
+ Unnoticeable. Small enough so it won't be a nuisance for it being there
+ Dust plug when you don't have earphones plugged in
+ More functionality for your phone with an extra button
+ Feels sturdy and probably won't break after a while
+ It was only $2 vs $20+ for Pressy

- Seems useless so far. No idea what I can use it for since I don't know how to use it as a shutter button (if you can)
- The apps I used were very limited (Klick or MiKey app)
- Functionality was unresponsive and slow. It takes around a second for the flashlight to turn on, or whatever you programmed it to do. Probably limited because of the hardware + software combination
- The multipresses of the button seems a bit counter intuitive and tiring. Pressing the button twice or three times is a hassle just to turn on the camera or flashlight. There are long presses too for programming but still the same problem

Overall, still debating if I like it or not but it was only 2$. Can't go wrong with that especially since Pressy costs 10x as more

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
When the Pressy creator posted his idea on Reddit, I said it was an overpriced pos that would be undercut before his even came out. He down voted me.

asdad123

Dropped my galaxy s5 at the gym today. Got a nice noticeable dent on the left side of the bezel :(

Wasn't using a case because I can't find one that fits with the original Samsung wireless charger cover. Any suggestons?

malfcn

Just had something weird happen on my phone.
Had a pop up that said "user:computer has disconnected" with it being the name of my fiancee and her laptop name.

Slayven

Anyone else's S5 randomly vibrates? No calls, or messages or push notification. I just be on it and it just vibrates for no reason.

-PXG-

So I'm an idiot....

I just figured out that I've been running on Dalvik this whole fucking time. Installing and running Xposed Framework will automatically disable Art and revert back to Dalvik. No wonder I was seeing frame drops.

This really sucks since I do use the experimental features for Greenify. Plus, I can't use Gravity Box's cosmetic tweaks at all either :/

Just had something weird happen on my phone.
Had a pop up that said "user:computer has disconnected" with it being the name of my fiancee and her laptop name.

You must have your phone connected to the network as a media device. She was probably looking through your phone to see your pics and videos.

zedge

I can already do this?
You can play streaming Google music trough USB? Don't think so. When I plug in my phone it treats it like a USB device and looks for any music on the phone mp3 only. If I connect an iPhone it will play streaming music from Google music just like an iPod, displaying the track and other info. Blew mind when I found out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I'm an idiot....

I just figured out that I've been running on Dalvik this whole fucking time. Installing and running Xposed Framework will automatically disable Art and revert back to Dalvik. No wonder I was seeing frame drops.

This really sucks since I do use the experimental features for Greenify. Plus, I can't use Gravity Box's cosmetic tweaks at all either :/

Yeah we found that out a week or two ago in the hangouts. All the xposed bros were like WTF! LoL

Doopliss

So I'm an idiot....

There is barely any difference between Dalvik and ART on KitKat.

reKon

Banned
Couldn't you have checked before buying the device?

Yeah, I don't understand this and really hope he wasn't expecting full support. For me it's perfect backup device with awesome battery and decent performance until I choose my next flagship or for when I travel out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom