• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
WTF Google doing.

Shit was mad cheap for Batman day last night. Fast forward and today shit went back up to close to full price.

Oh well shit still $2.99 on Comixology.

Zeppu

Do any of you guys running L on the Nexus 5 find the phone getting incredibly hot? I was in a call for 30 mins and by the end of it I couldn't hold it up to my ear anymore from the heat.

Strange.

Donos

Got the One M8 (grey) and a 2 GB LTE contract. Such a sexy beast. Also got the HTC dotview case. I'm usually not a fan of cases but this one is really nice (also grey). I like that i can answear the call and phone with the case closed. People are always flashed when they see the dots glow. I don't care about the camera so i'm fine. The 5MP front camera is enough for a vacation selfie with my gf :).
TUYfzGy.jpg
Also nope to the G3. Tried it at Media Markt and the Power Button and Volume Button on the back are a total no go. I often use the volume buttons through my back pockets pants because i'm hearing music all the time and it's really shitty with the G3. Also watched some reviews and G3 vs One M8 comparisons and the M8 has the same, if not better performance with less battery power.

And man, the google voice commands are getting really good.

Pachimari

So I noticed my Google Now says my Home is at my parents place, but I have my own place - how do I change my address?

I couldn't find anything on the phone or on Google+ or in account.

NotBacon

And people wonder why I'm using Dolphin instead of Chrome. You guys…

I've tried Dolphin and Firefox. While the scrolling may be smoother, it's very different and not in a good way. I want the 1:1 scrolling of Safari, though I like Chrome's greater inertia.

I may give another browser a shot again, but I am too used to the syncing of Chrome since I use it on every OS/device I own.

Try Javelin, Now Browser, and CM Browser

Apps that are not supported for qHD screens won't show up in the Play Store. Like the LG G3.

Playboard isn't available either.

#justg3things

NotBacon

I just dled the app store last night via sideload. You have a ton of issues with your G3 and it's not widespread. Try to bring it to a store.

He's not talking about downloading the app store, he's talking about apps not showing up in the play store because they don't support qHD. Which actually make me curious, can you download Amazon, ComiXology, or Playboard (you have a G3 right?)? And his other problem still sounds like user error.

Getting a new device won't fix those issues.

Pachimari

I just dled the app store last night via sideload. You have a ton of issues with your G3 and it's not widespread. Try to bring it to a store.

I have one problem, and I already got my first LG G3 exchanged for a new one yesterday.

I'll try restore it tonight to get rid of the default Home.

He's not talking about downloading the app store, he's talking about apps not showing up in the play store because they don't support qHD. Which actually make me curious, can you download Amazon, ComiXology, or Playboard (you have a G3 right?)? And his other problem still sounds like user error.

You can not download them as they don't turn up in the Play Store at all when you search for them.

ComiXology is available though.

CronoShot

It's because they aren't updated for qHD displays.
Candy Crush wasn't available either before but it is now. The Simpsons: Tapped Out isn't compatible.

Should I order this if I want an extra battery for my LG G3?

I can download Comixology and The Simpsons on my LG G3. They show up fine on the Play Store. Playboard doesn't work though.

Amazon seems to claim it's incompatible, but it was preinstalled on my G3, so whatever.

Pachimari

Hmm, they are available on the Danish Play Store on my computer but not on the Play Store on my LG G3 and I'm not allowed to install em either. Weird.

Eanan

Any Sony Xperia Z1 current or former users here?

Eager to hear your thoughts on it, and any big annoyances or criticisms you have of the phone as am considering getting it this weekend.

Is battery life good on it, as I see it has a massive 3000mah battery.

Its the same price here unlocked as the 16GB G2 (32GB model isn't sold here) but the lack of expandable storage n the G2, combined with the better build quality and waterproof stuff has me leading to the Z1.

Ok I didn't even know the Amazon app store was available on Play Store. I always sideloaded it.

Just checked Simpsons. Its available. Playboard is also available.

Pachimari

Simpsons and Playboard are available here now too. Weird, but I did just restore my G3 and it seems to have fixed my problem with it always asking for a loader/home.

I installed the Nova Launcher. Is there really no Calendar widgets for that?

kehs

Banned
Simpsons and Playboard are available here now too. Weird, but I did just restore my G3 and it seems to have fixed my problem with it always asking for a loader/home.

I installed the Nova Launcher. Is there really no Calendar widgets for that?

The widgets for calendars will come from calendar apps.

The new app and content pages look so much better in the Play Store update. Also much smoother than every other view in the app.

Hopefully this means we start seeing more Material in Google's apps soon. Also, are all those awesome Material animations only gonna be in L, or is Google gonna backport the Material framework stuff through Google Play Services for older versions?

Crisco

Banned
Ok, I just found the most legitimately broken thing on the LG G3 that I can't remember being mentioned in any review. Using the LG Keyboard's "swype mode" and one handed operation doesn't work because lateral swipes will be registered as a gesture to move the keyboard instead of input keys. Hilariously fucked.

Ok, I just found the most legitimately broken thing on the LG G3 that I can't remember being mentioned in any review. Using the LG Keyboard's "swype mode" and one handed operation doesn't work because lateral swipes will be registered as a gesture to move the keyboard instead of input keys. Hilariously fucked.

I don't have this problem. Turn gestures off? On a side note the swype function word prediction is awful on it though.

Crisco

Banned
I don't have this problem. Turn gestures off? On a side note the swype function word prediction is awful on it though.

you can't turn this gesture off, its baked into the one handed operation functionality. turning off auto correct made the Swype word prediction work much better me.

PriitV

Ughhhh, the new play store removed all of my settings for not updating specific apps... Now I need to go and find the pre version 5 facebook messenger somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom