• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Good luck with putting wallet, documents, or phone in back pockets and do not destroy them after a while or make You really uncomfortable while sitting.
--

Too big unfortunately, but thanks for a suggestion.
--

ID, driver licence, library cards, cards for different shops, business cards etc.
And nah, i dont carry bag or briefcase, if i did, i had no problem with bigger phone :)

those documents sound like things that go in a wallet. you need to get pants with normal pockets.

Yeah WTF... nobody calls that shit documents... that's just normal shit every mother fucker has in a wallet...

"Documents" not in a wallet and only 2 pocket pants that we are all trying to figure out if they exist makes me think this dude made this all up just cause he wants a small phone or something.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah WTF... nobody calls that shit documents... that's just normal shit every mother fucker has in a wallet...

"Documents" not in a wallet and only 2 pocket pants that we are all trying to figure out if they exist makes me think this dude made this all up just cause he wants a small phone or something.

To be fair I wouldn't keep anything in back pockets because it's awkward when sitting down and it's harder to notice if something falls out, so I'd only ever use two pockets. Especially if I'm at work or something and not wearing jeans.

Vanillalite

To be fair I wouldn't keep anything in back pockets because it's awkward when sitting down and it's harder to notice if something falls out, so I'd only ever use two pockets. Especially if I'm at work or something and not wearing jeans.

I keep my wallet in my front pocket, and my friends joke I have the thickest wallet know to man.

None of that means I need a 3.5" phone.

this_guy

I should have Google's own installed already but that one isn't there either.

I'm gonna check the Play Store again.

EDIT
I found Google's own calendar now but it's not as good as LG's.

Look at Jorte calendar and aCalendar - both have nice widgets from what I remember

belvedere

Junior Butler
Good to see other OPO owners here. Anyone else get a case yet?

I ordered the Walsontop, it took awhile to show up but so far it works pretty well. I like that the case is just thick enough to keep the camera lens from hitting surfaces when you put it down. I do miss the textured back of the phone though.

oneplusone-walsontopgelcases2.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I ordered the Walsontop, it took awhile to show up but so far it works pretty well. I like that the case is just thick enough to keep the camera lens from hitting surfaces when you put it down. I do miss the textured back of the phone though.

Waiting on Diztronic to release their tpu case.

Vanillalite

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Droid Life

HTC Unveils Newest J Butterfly, a Waterproof One (M8) With a Real Camera

As for full specifications, the new J Butterfly features a 5″ LCD3 Full HD display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear-facing camera (with Duo setup), 5MP front-facing camera, 2,700mAh battery, 32GB of storage, microSD slot, Bluetooth 4.0, IPX5/IPX7 (water and dust resistant), and runs Android 4.4 out of the box.

HTC-J-Butterfly.jpg

Eanan

Ordered this myself as I need a case ASAP and it looks decent and not too expensive.

RQmJHXtm.jpg

I also ordered a Nilkin matte screen protector, as I cant stand glossy tempered glass protectors.

Vanillalite

The DNA was not the same phone.

It was basically the same phone. I mean not that it's the end all be all, but under the Butterfly wiki it says it was released on verizon as the DNA. Plus multiple articles called it the butterfly coming to Verizon under a new name. Sure it wasn't 100% the same, but that's reaaaallllyyy splitting hairs.

It was basically the same phone. I mean not that it's the end all be all, but under the Butterfly wiki it says it was released on verizon as the DNA. Plus multiple articles called it the butterfly coming to Verizon under a new name. Sure it wasn't 100% the same, but that's reaaaallllyyy splitting hairs.

Yes but I seriously doubt Verizon will get a version of this. They stopped doing Droid for non Moto phones.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member

Picked up an Orzly hard case for a few quid to keep me going until Diztronic's TPU case finally hits. Reminds me a little of the Incipio Feather, it's really low profile and barely adds to the bulk.

belvedere

Junior Butler
You guys will have to let me know how they handle everyday usage. I don't have too much confidence in the Walstontop, I like the fit but it's pretty thin and just doesn't feel like it would aid much in the event of a drop. I'll probably pick up the Diztronic once it's released as it looks more sturdy.

i use my front pockets only and somehow i manage my wallet, keys and a 5.5" phone.

hitsugi

Picked up a moto G 4G, first android phone since the original android (G1 I think?)

Any app suggestions? got the usual fb/twitter/whatsapp/snapchat/light and clash of clans for some reason.

NotBacon

Picked up a moto G 4G, first android phone since the original android (G1 I think?)

Any app suggestions? got the usual fb/twitter/whatsapp/snapchat/light and clash of clans for some reason.

Google Keep, Airdroid, Reddit Sync, Shuttle Music Player, CloudMagic (for alternate emails), Power toggles (for super uber custom widgets), Google Play Opinion Rewards...

Geometry Dash, Granny Smith, Mikey Shorts, Plague Inc...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've been using Fleksy keyboard on invisible mode. It is amazing. Why haven't I been doing this sooner?

Benedict

Somehow (by the generosity of a stranger) I managed to get an invite quick to OPO and have now ordered one for my wife. Are there any ETA when they will start selling the accessories?
Anywhere else you can buy accessories (delivery to Sweden)

Since she's starting studying again in September what apps are good for her to use to help her organise, plan and study?

Edit: how are the headphones?
Any good replacement you can recommend?

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
There are no headphones bundled as standard. Didn't see it as a problem as I never use the bundled ones anyway, prefer to use my own. Got a pair of Jabra Revo Bluetooth Headphones to avoid wires and a pair of Beyerdynamic MMX102 for when wires are unavoidable. Both were recommended to me by HeadphoneGAF.

Hasney

Waiting on Apple and Sony for their man sized Z3 before I decide next. Just get me the hell away from Samsung ASAP.

Is Sony stepping away from the insane 6 month refresh cycle?

"Sony Corp. sharply cut its forecast for sales of smartphones, one of the pillars on which the Japanese technology giant had hoped to rebuild its troubled electronics business.

…

But Sony's mobile-phone unit, which a year ago had been the company's most profitable electronics division, posted an operating loss amid sagging sales. The company cut its annual sales target to 43 million handsets from the 50 million it had predicted in May. Instead of making a profit, the mobile division will merely break even this year, Sony said. In the fiscal year that ended in March, Sony sold 39 million phones and the division posted a profit of ¥12.6 billion.

"Our estimate in May was optimistic," said Sony's chief financial officer, Kenichiro Yoshida, at a news conference.

Sony stuck with its forecast for a companywide loss of ¥50 billion for the current fiscal year. It would be its sixth loss in seven years.
The dialing back of Sony's smartphone ambitions represents a setback to CEO Kazuo Hirai's efforts to revive the company's reputation for innovation.
Sony executives have said the company needs to expand its smartphone business, because many of the areas in which it competes—from cameras to videogames and movies—come together in mobile devices.

Mr. Yoshida said the mobile unit is reviewing its midterm business plan, and might have to lower its forecast again, to an annual loss.

To keep the business profitable, Sony plans to cut costs by streamlining its smartphone lineup and slowing the pace of product introductions, Mr. Yoshida said. He added that Sony isn't considering an exit from smartphones, but it will be more selective in terms of the countries it targets and its models.

…

A problem for Sony is a lack of promotion via U.S. cellular carriers, an important route for sales. Among the four major U.S. networks, only T-Mobile US Inc. sells Sony's Xperia phones directly. Sony has approached the others—Verizon Communications Inc., AT&T Inc. and Sprint Corp.—about possible joint sales efforts, three people familiar with the matter said. "

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sony-posts-surprise-profit-1406788070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom