• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppu

We in Scandinavia don't have Play Magazines yet. Probably never will.

Dude. We don't even have Google now. So obviously we don't have Google Music, Videos, Magazines, Books, Location reporting, Wallet, Song Recognition, Turn by turn navigation, etc.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How does the 30 day free trial work for subscriptions? Do you just need to cancel the subscription within that time?

Edit: Edge is £3.99 per issue, or you can get a monthly subscription for £2.99. Why would you ever buy a single issue when you could just "subscribe" for a month and then cancel?

Pachimari

Dude. We don't even have Google now. So obviously we don't have Google Music, Videos, Magazines, Books, Location reporting, Wallet, Song Recognition, Turn by turn navigation, etc.

I'm in Scandinavia and I have Google Now, Location report, turn by turn, videos, books, films and music.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Today's fuck up just goes to show how badly we need a deinvite/admin/boot feature for group hangouts.

PS: Yes we had to purge... again... sorry... sall good now...

I love me some GoogleNow but this NlpCollectorWakeLock process is just killing the battery. I'm trying to find some ways around it but can't find a concrete solution.

You'll need the Xposed framework too I think. Get this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.andro.wlt

When you run Wakelock Terminator, under All Apps, find Google Play Services

Add a filter for NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock and then reboot your phone.

Wait a few hours and you should see the number of spikes for when your phone is awake in your power history is now dramatically reduced. You can look at that now and see that it's probably got a ton of tick marks cuz it's constantly waking up.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Today's fuck up just goes to show how badly we need a deinvite/admin/boot feature for group hangouts.

PS: Yes we had to purge... again... sorry... sall good now...
I actually like purging. It should be done weekly. If another mistake happens, that person can view weeks worth of conversation and photos.

You'll need the Xposed framework too I think. Get this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.andro.wlt

When you run Wakelock Terminator, under All Apps, find Google Play Services

Add a filter for NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock and then reboot your phone.

Wait a few hours and you should see the number of spikes for when your phone is awake in your power history is now dramatically reduced. You can look at that now and see that it's probably got a ton of tick marks cuz it's constantly waking up.

Word. I will check it out. I'm on ART so I will have to switch in other to use Xposed. I will see if that makes a difference.

Hey when is the Android app functionality on Chromebooks supposed to hit? I'm looking at buying a new Chromebook, and currently trying to decide between a C720 or C720P. Just wondering if dropping the extra money on the touch screen would be worth it.

Eanan

I can reply with these too?

Yeah, the Cerberus website allows that once you've registered your phone.

You cant pick a contact from your phones contact book, but thats easily fixed by just opening google contacts in another tab on your pc.

Heres what you see on the website page:

8rJaTKq.png

ajpw

Hey when is the Android app functionality on Chromebooks supposed to hit? I'm looking at buying a new Chromebook, and currently trying to decide between a C720 or C720P. Just wondering if dropping the extra money on the touch screen would be worth it.

not for a while i reckon, they showed an early version at i/o and you know how long google takes sometimes

Soooo, any news on the Destroyer of Galaxies, the larger than One, the only true eXperiance, the force stronger than G, and the only +1 you'll ever need, aka the Moto X successor?

NotBacon

Soooo, any news on the Destroyer of Galaxies, the larger than One, the only true eXperiance, the force stronger than G, and the only +1 you'll ever need, aka the Moto X successor?

I don't think so, but I did see a very sexy (but most likely fake) render in that korean leak:

moto-x2.jpg

But that seems conflicting with the more probable leaks we recieved last week :/

Edit: Yeah it doesn't even have the front speakers or dual rim flash boooooooooooooooooo

thespot84

Google Now is not really good at giving you news from reputable sites.
I keep getting news about gadgets and movies from some Christian site.

Christain Post? It's kinda surprising, ya, but I couldn't find anything wrong with their coverage, I think a guy there just got really invested in android and benefited from the traffic it drew.

jey_16

Banned
GAF....am I doing the right thing? have a Note 3 which I'm fine with but I'm so tempted to get a G3. Money not an issue since work is paying for it

Only other phone I would think about getting soon would be the next Nexus but the 5.9inch screen kind of puts me off....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
GAF....am I doing the right thing? have a Note 3 which I'm fine with but I'm so tempted to get a G3. Money not an issue since work is paying for it

Only other phone I would think about getting soon would be the next Nexus but the 5.9inch screen kind of puts me off....

What do you dislike about your Note 3? It's still a rather high end phone.

TURBO1112

Wanting a new phone and its between GS5 or LG G3. The reason I may be leaning toward the LG G3 is that I have gone from Galaxy S1 to Galaxy S3 which I have now. Kind of want something different. With that being said, I have loved the Galaxy series of phones and know what to expect.

Opinions?

So they decide to give it chamfered edges, plastic back and a 720p screen. Lol Samsung
apple is about to leave chamfered and samsung just got there lol. This sounds like an attempt to make a iphone that people can compare to the iphone 6 in stores given the 4.8 inch screen, the look of it, and so on. Rather than an attempt at a premium flagship device.

Wanting a new phone and its between GS5 or LG G3. The reason I may be leaning toward the LG G3 is that I have gone from Galaxy S1 to Galaxy S3 which I have now. Kind of want something different. With that being said, I have loved the Galaxy series of phones and know what to expect.

Opinions?
jesus christ get the G3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom