• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmer down there lil cowboy and get on the train.

OpZhEoo.jpg

Beautiful

Fatalah

I love my Moto X, so much.

gzLK2uL.png

I was weary of the X+1 being 5.2 inches, but the size is really nice, after holding the HTC One and S5.

I handled the One Plus One this week -- yikes.

Drifters

Motorola hasn't pushed the hardware envelope in years now but keep on believing guys~
I'm confused; arguably the best phone on the market today ( HTC one m8 ) doesn't have the latest and greatest specs like some of you want and gets along just fine. The X has aged gracefully and really, to this day, has not been dethroned for active smart notifications. If the X2 simply gains a few inches, gets an 801 or X82 CPU, so what? Android aint even mad but people in this thread are.

NotBacon

Motorola hasn't pushed the hardware envelope in years now but keep on believing guys~

What are you talking about, the X is the most ergonomic and comfortable phone to hold.
c what i did ther
. But seriously, I don't really care about specs but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw X+1 might have an 801.

kehs

Banned

God damn those thin bezels, and great batteries, and passive on screen notifications, and wood options and light handheld hardware and great radios, and

oh wait

yeah, fuck moto.

it's too bad that Moto can't do everything they did with the Moto X and also use flagship hardware at the same time. must be complicated.

Well Moto isn't targeting the flagship market anymore. They could use the flagship hardware but it wouldn't let them meet their price points they target now.

The point is moot for people who don't worship at the altar of unskinned Android. Anyone who doesn't care about the stock "experience" will be on Touchwiz or Sense or whatever that LG skin is called anyways.

so my girlfriend and i found her old galaxy s2 and i've nabbed it to mess about with. shan't really use it as a phone, will be wifi only, but anything neat i can do? first things first will be to remove touchwiz, haha.

I got the moto x and I like it overall but why didn't any of the reviews mention that you can't change the resolution of pics taken with the camera?? Annoys the crap out of me since it makes no sense not to have this and I end up using the default camera app anyway cause I love the instant access to it with the twist.

phoenixyz

I still think his Nox icon pack is his best work, but damn some of those icons are nice. Pity you cant mix and match from those two icon packs.

Well, you can. At least in Apex. You can change the icon of every app to something else than your currently activated default icon set.

Eanan

Well, you can. At least in Apex. You can change the icon of every app to something else than your currently activated default icon set.

Well I be damned, I just found out you can also do this with Nova after a bit of digging.

After using Nova for about 2 years straight, ive only just seen this. Very cool.

Quixzlizx

What are some good launcher alternatives for an unrooted N4? To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the stock launcher other than the fact that icons will just randomly disappear from the home screen when apps are updated, which really pisses me off.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What are some good launcher alternatives for an unrooted N4? To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the stock launcher other than the fact that icons will just randomly disappear from the home screen when apps are updated, which really pisses me off.

Nova is the apex. Not to be confused with Apex, which doesn't gel with me. Not to be confused with GEL, which doesn't have good customization options.

gcubed

Well Moto isn't targeting the flagship market anymore. They could use the flagship hardware but it wouldn't let them meet their price points they target now.

The point is moot for people who don't worship at the altar of unskinned Android. Anyone who doesn't care about the stock "experience" will be on Touchwiz or Sense or whatever that LG skin is called anyways.

Not everyone needs 30 cores and 4 gig of ram to power through their shit software so it can just barely be bested by a $99 phone

reKon

Banned

So you're worshiping specs instead? It doesn't make sense if those superior specs don't provide for better software performance/user experience. Like I've said in a past, we've reached a point where raw power continues to matter less in phones, unless you're referring the high end gaming aspect or the camera aspect (which HTC One and the Moto X could use some improvement in). I think it's the battery, camera, and extra hardware features (like audio quality and water/dust proof) that matter the most hardware wise.

Oh dear. Just take the L Unknown and let it be over. Also to me, it's really been Sony pushing the hardware with their water proof and dust proof features.

I see, I must have just been imagining the water and dust proof certifications on the S5.

But i guess I forgot AndroidGAF is the official Samsung Haters Club. So keep that hate train rolling, maybe if you keep hating Samsung enough you can hate them to death.

kehs

Banned
I hate it when my phone gets dust it in.

The last time I had to clean it out was such fucking mess.

Wait, I'm thinking about my vaccuum.

Is water wet?

But is it really?

Beautiful Icon Styler can change icons in the stock launcher without root, so maybe try that out.

Thanks, that sounds better.

You want a different launcher for a lot of reasons.

Then tell me. I don't know why I would replace the launcher on my N5. I like the way it looks and performs.

I use unicon for that and it works pretty well. Been sticking with the Lumos icons for a while

That sounds good, too. I welcome anything that doesn't need root or any other form of tinkering. e: And Unicon does need root. Boo.

But i guess I forgot AndroidGAF is the official Samsung Haters Club. So keep that hate train rolling, maybe if you keep hating Samsung enough you can hate them to death.

Criticism is not hate. Corporations do not deserve blind loyalty. Motorola are not without fault.

Tell me this without invoking a strawman or even discussing another Android OEM: Can Samsung do far better to optimize Touchwiz on their *current* hardware for speed, stutter and frame rate?

So you're worshiping specs instead? It doesn't make sense if those superior specs don't provide for better software performance/user experience. Like I've said in a past, we've reached a point where raw power continues to matter less in phones, unless you're referring the high end gaming aspect or the camera aspect (which HTC One and the Moto X could use some improvement in). I think it's the battery, camera, and extra hardware features (like audio quality and water/dust proof) that matter the most hardware wise.

So your ideal phone is the Galaxy S5 I'm guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom