• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I still have not seen any use case for the edge thing to exist. It just seems like a novelty.
It's a perpetual notification screen. That's what I'd use it for. Twitter feeds, stock quotes, hangout chat rooms.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 6 just showed up on the Verizon website. "Coming Soon".

Fuck off, Verizon.

but it's been on Google Play forever.

MKBHD cracked the riddle. It's all about the silver silhouette.

B84QC0iIIAAwdtB.jpg
i guess they got pushed to the... nah

Glad I returned my Nexus 9. I'm using my Nexus 10 again and while I prefer the 4:3 ratio, performance is the same. Shameful

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/02/03/the-nexus-9-review-revisited-three-months-later/

still liking by Tab S 8.4

waxer

I don't use anything to CPU intensive most of time so took a gamble and got a honor 6 plus after my cousin raved about the honor 6 for its price.
So far seems pretty good.having an iPhone in house as well shows how full of crap most reviews are. Feels pretty flagship in hands and not cheap.
So far depending on situation I'm enjoying the dual cameras as well.

I think for fun we should all get phones we would never get as our next phone. So Faceless has to get a small/non-removable battery/no sd card slot non-samsung phone. I'd have to get a samsung phone. NotBacon would have to get whichever phone has the ugliest skin. That Tek Griffin guy or whatever his name is would have to get an iphone. etc etc

Whoever doesn't do it has to commit seppuku on their souls.

I think for fun we should all get phones we would never get as our next phone. So Faceless has to get a small/non-removable battery/no sd card slot non-samsung phone. I'd have to get a samsung phone. NotBacon would have to get whichever phone has the ugliest skin. That Tek Griffin guy or whatever his name is would have to get an iphone. etc etc

You're a sick, evil individual, Pyro.

Lawd the impressions would be amazing to read. It'd be worth it just to see all the rage, epiphanies, and revelations that come about.

You're a sick, evil individual, Pyro.
some will be enraged, some will be pleasantly surprised, biases will both disappear and be confirmed. Would be glorious.

Honestly if this year was an upgrade year I'd probably get a Samsung phone just to experiment for maximum levels of lulz but I'm buying something off contract this year and that will likely be too expensive.

not seeing where the fun is in that

jwk94

Google have been a pillar of great ideas lately. Let's not forget that the stupid ass material redesign of the Play Music app was nothing more than a slight change in iconography and a slightly tweaked action bar.
Laziest update among all the updated apps.

It also removed the ability to click on the album/artist art to take you to the artist's page. They're killing these music features. I just updated to Lollipop and I hate the new widget on the lockscreen. Is there a way to change that back?

I'm down. First we'd have to get Tek Griffin to post here.

I don't think you guys are ready for my pro Samsung heel turn yet. Maybe if touchwiz 7.0 isn't bad. Is that even a thing? I haven't seen any rumors or anything on that.

Furyous

Does this mean I have to demean my hands by using a Galaxy smartphone? My hands deserve a better smartphone than any Samsung device. I wouldn't use a Galaxy smartphone if they shipped it to me for free.

Noema

There's only one thing that's bugging me a bit right now, and that are the stock Android emojis. From what I've read, there is no way to change them without root access right?

What annoys me about these Android Emojis is that sometimes they convey a different emotion compared to the iOS Emojis, even though (I think) they are mapped 1:1 (as in, there's a corresponding emoji in each platform since it's a set of characters, like an Alphabet).

Since most of my friends use iOS sometimes I need to double check to make sure the emoji they are seeing is the one I think they're seeing. For instance, if I type this Emoji on Android

UNovhU0.jpg

iOS users see this

nXcYvDr.jpg

and it might be my borderline autism, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but these two Emojis convey different emotions. The Android one looks pissed while the iOS one seems to express goofiness. Thank god Whatsapp uses the iOS Emojis by default.

Husker86

What annoys me about these Android Emojis is that sometimes they convey a different emotion compared to the iOS Emojis, even though (I think) they are mapped 1:1 (as in, there's a corresponding emoji in each platform since it's a set of characters, like an Alphabet).

Since most of my friends use iOS sometimes I need to double check to make sure the emoji they are seeing is the one I think they're seeing. For instance, if I type this Emoji on Android

UNovhU0.jpg

iOS users see this

nXcYvDr.jpg

and it might be my borderline autism, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but these two Emojis convey different emotions. The Android one looks pissed while the iOS one seems to express goofiness. Thank god Whatsapp uses the iOS Emojis by default.

The Android one looks more angry, but I would not at all consider the iOS one to be "goofy".

That's my point, it is a loophole to exploit with them.

Oh, you mean you can do it the "loophole" way even if you're still under contract?

Groof

UNovhU0.jpg

iOS users see this

nXcYvDr.jpg

I get what you mean, but all emojis are based on a predefined unicodes and meanings. So basically which one is right is the one that resembles that the most.
iOS is in sincere need of updating their emoji though... they looked horrible back then and they look horrible now.

Pachimari

If I can miraculously manage 16gb then I'm gonna keep my LG G3 for another year. Unless the LG G4 gets a fantastic battery and keeps the removable back for swapping batteries. And of course keeps the microSD port.

I don't know what else they can improve other than a better camera which is already great.

Groof

If I can miraculously manage 16gb then I'm gonna keep my LG G3 for another year. Unless the LG G4 gets a fantastic battery and keeps the removable back for swapping batteries. And of course keeps the microSD port.

I don't know what else they can improve other than a better camera which is already great.
Better display

Groof

I don't need a better display though. quadHD is too much anyway.
Not resolution wise. It's a poor display hardware and software wise. Bad colour reproduction, power hungry and it has a sharpening filter on a resolution that is already sharp as it is.

Pachimari

I never had the sharpening filter on Kit Kat to be honest. But it's there in one app (Feedly) on Lollipop.

But yeah, my problem is that it's very power hungry.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not anymore.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

No mention of traveling.

LTTP on this post but I'll throw in my two sense.

They'll unlock it for free online. Heck I think that bill congress passed and Obama signed mandates phone unlocking.

The catch being you have to be out of contract. I've done it before for my mom with her old iPhone 4 that she didn't need when she got her 5c. Took me all of 2 mins, and I got what was basically an immediate email back. They said the unlock process could take 24-48 hours, but like I said it was basically auto after you filled out the form.

The grey area being idk if they will unlock if you are doing the ETF route.

Top Bottom