• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Groof

My bet is that the S6 will basically be a beefed up A5. Tried one out today, it actually had a pretty nice feel in hand.

Symphonia

Banned
No. Size specs have been released to case makers, however, and these are renders that match those specs.
Oh, well, I guess that's alright. Looks like it's going smaller, judging by those renders. Phone trends are weird. I like the size we have at the moment (iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 are perfect) so why do things always have to change? :(

My bet is that the S6 will basically be a beefed up A5. Tried one out today, it actually had a pretty nice feel in hand.

I'd really hate it if it doesn't have a removable back. I was checking ebay again and Qi chargers and receivers are dirt cheap now.

Groof

I'd really hate it if it doesn't have a removable back. I was checking ebay again and Qi chargers and receivers are dirt cheap now.
This is the trend though. It wouldn't surprise me if removable batteries were left for the mid-range market from here on out. Besides, a closed back doesn't mean you can't have Qi charging built-in.

Yeah. I have battery saver as off.

At 15% my phone vibrates. And at 5% it turns down the brightness. =/
Might just be the display then. Lots of reports that the G3 auto adjusts the display for power saving reasons.

Pachimari

This is the trend though. It wouldn't surprise me if removable batteries were left for the mid-range market from here on out. Besides, a closed back doesn't mean you can't have Qi charging built-in.

Might just be the display then. Lots of reports that the G3 auto adjusts the display for power saving reasons.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I didn't have it before the Lollipop update. I'll try look into it further.

effzee

So completely off topic question but which Samsung software am I to use with the S5 to transfer video, pictures, and music files.

I used to use Kies but it won't work with S5. Wasn't prompted for a version either.

Elchele

Really? I'm still in contract with AT&T for now. Could I just call them and ask them to unlock the phone?

The phone is ATT locked, so you could use it anyway. You can unblock it using code, you can purchase that code in ebay; I'm guessing asking ATT to unblock it would be much more expensive than $5.

Wreav

Banned
So completely off topic question but which Samsung software am I to use with the S5 to transfer video, pictures, and music files.

I used to use Kies but it won't work with S5. Wasn't prompted for a version either.

Just put the phone in file mode and drag and drop.

snacknuts

we all knew her

Can't you just plug it into your computer and drag and drop what you need?

Husker86

The phone is ATT locked, so you could use it anyway. You can unblock it using code, you can purchase that code in ebay; I'm guessing asking ATT to unblock it would be much more expensive than $5.

AT&T unlocks phones for you for free if you aren't under contract. You submit a request and if you meet the criteria, it's almost instant. Did it on an iPhone last year.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I just had the issue again this morning and it almost made me miss work. The fact it's being considered obsolete is simply unacceptiple. And makes question Google's update policy when it comes to limited-spread bugs— they just don't push them frequently enough.

I know OEMs take their time with Android updates, how often does Samsung for example push out bug fixes with their more frequent TW updates?

I'm dumping this POS for a Note 4 as soon as I get my next paycheck. I should be covered for 5 or so months before the next iteration comes out

Ever since I updated my Nexus 4 to lollipop it's been refusing to wake up from sleep several times a day. The only fix is to reboot.

I initially thought it was shutting down, but judging by the fact the LED still blinks when it's in this state, it's not.

I looked up the issue online and apparently Google has marked the issue "obsolete" a while ago (good jon).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I factory reset? I've never performed one before and was wondering what gets wiped and what stays.

Don't know about your issue, but factory reset means: welcome back to the stone age. ;) It's wiped completely.

SD Cards normally are unaffected.

Drifters

AT&T unlocks phones for you for free if you aren't under contract. You submit a request and if you meet the criteria, it's almost instant. Did it on an iPhone last year.
Sort of true. If you're phone is more than 90 days into your contract, ATT will unlock your phone for you. The catch is you need to claim you're traveling overseas. Has worked with all past phones I've had on ATT.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note I think the switch the HTML5 YouTube wise is fantastic on the desktop.

To bad I don't get that type of performance via the app on mobile. Shit never auto detects the highest resolution for me, and for some reason I get this weird bug where if I click say 1080p instead of 720p on my N7 it acts like it hasn't switched. Yet if I randomly click a point further ahead that hasn't buffered in yet it flips. Then I just have to click back to the beginning of the video to get it going.

I have fucking 100 meg down 25 up internet too so it ain't the fucking bandwidth.

The Nexus 6 just showed up on the Verizon website. "Coming Soon".

Fuck off, Verizon.

Supposed to be there by the end of the months... 4 MONTHS after release... seriously... fuck you Verizon. I have to ask, what benefit does Verizon have releasing it that late?

Wreav

Banned
Supposed to be there by the end of the months... 4 MONTHS after release... seriously... fuck you Verizon. I have to ask, what benefit does Verizon have releasing it that late?

They are selling the Droid Turbo because people are straight giving up hope on seeing the N6.

I'd bet 20 bucks that the N6 launches with no VoLTE support, despite having baked an extra 4 months.

Wreav

Banned
On a side note I think the switch the HTML5 YouTube wise is fantastic on the desktop.

To bad I don't get that type of performance via the app on mobile. Shit never auto detects the highest resolution for me, and for some reason I get this weird bug where if I click say 1080p instead of 720p on my N7 it acts like it hasn't switched. Yet if I randomly click a point further ahead that hasn't buffered in yet it flips. Then I just have to click back to the beginning of the video to get it going.

I have fucking 100 meg down 25 up internet too so it ain't the fucking bandwidth.

Youtube is on my shortlist. It's infuriating how bad it works on mobile phones, even on wifi, no matter what mobile OS, but somehow, once its sent to the Chromecast, works fucking PERFECTLY every time.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Meh. It's not like it's been a real 4 months since the Nexus 6 has been available. It's still a PITA to order for many people.

Wreav

Banned
MKBHD cracked the riddle. It's all about the silver silhouette.

B84QC0iIIAAwdtB.jpg

Wreav

Banned
That would be really strange if they brought the edge thing to the galaxy s6. cool concept,but I'm not sure that Samsung was successful in proving it's worth.

It's already known that there are 2 new phones at least, the S6 and a new Note Edge, with both sides edge glass.

I thought there was something wrong with my phone. It's incredibly annoying when the video starts at 240p, and refuses to switch over to 1080p. Google needs to fix that.
MKBHD cracked the riddle. It's all about the silver silhouette.

B84QC0iIIAAwdtB.jpg
I used the edge and I wasn't really impressed. We'll see what happens.

Sanjuro

Chrome is now awful on lollipop. They removed the tab button, making multitasking a pain in the ass.

New browser time!

Furyous

What phone do you use

I own a 64 GB iphone 5 but owned an LG G3 for a little bit last year. It cost me $578 off contract. There's a noticeable difference in resolutions between the two devices. However, outside of youtube, high resolution video, and wallpapers there wasn't a noticeable difference between the two devices.

Android is wonderful but way too difficult to micromanage basic settings that were button presses in ios. <--- Not trying to start a flame war at all and of course navigating Android gets much easier as you use it.

I come to Android for the best tech money can buy so eight hours of screen on time is reasonable considering Apple competes with an inferior battery based solely on Mah.

Top Bottom