• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah as far as I know none of the carrier branded non Nexus AT&T devices have received Lolli yet. LTTP as always AT&T is.

Hasney

Still works for me through YouTube. No updates showing either. Even tried it on anti-streamer Swift song.

Just checked again and yeah, I get background and offline videos when I'm using my Google+ name, but not my YouTube name. On the same Google account.

Baffling.

Avixph

Sammobile just posted a couple of renders of the Samsung Galaxy S6 that show that the phone is going to be slimmer than we might expect.

moDUKdB.jpg

gNAVZo1.jpg

8IVNKwH.jpg

Hasney

take your niche big phone and stuffffffffffff it

5 inches 4lyfe that'swhatshesaid but seriously. 5 for flagship is best.

Nah, not when you have manly hands like me. Been waiting for bigger phones all this time and now they swipe away.

Now I've just gotta hope that Sony don't have the rumoured delay and bring the Z4 Ultra to the UK and my carrier, or it's time to grab a Z3 and save for a Nexus 6 after I've saved for my house deposit.

this_guy

Really people should buy the OPO instead. It's better than Nexus 5 in pretty much every way.

It doesn't have all the LTE bands for an optimal LTE experience on either AT&T or T-Mobile. It will work, and does have their primary LTE bands however. (band 17 for AT&T and band 4 for T-Mobile)

It's missing band 2 LTE (1900mhz), which AT&T uses a lot of to add capacity in many markets to augment their band 17. T-Mobile is also using this band to convert their rural towers on EDGE to LTE. I'm in Houston and my AT&T phone is on band 17 (which the One Plus does have) half the time and the other half it's on band 2. Without band 2 I might still be on LTE with band 17 but it might be a weaker signal.

It also doesn't have band 5 LTE, which AT&T uses in other markets for capacity instead of band 2 LTE. T-Mobile also recently bought a bunch of 700mhz spectrum, band 12, for rural expansion and building penetration but the One Plus won't be able to take advantage of.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
While it's more recent in my possession quite frankly I can wait on my phone being upgraded. 801 seems finally hit that performance sweet spot for me where for general tasks + background tasks I just don't feel a need for something faster.

I will be ready to upgrade my Nexus 7 way before my G3 not just because one's older, but stuff before the snap 800 def hadn't hit that performance line (for me) yet.

Furyous

I don't need thinner phones, I need longer battery life and better cameras. :(

I'm with you in 2015. Keep your fucking sub 2800 MaH battery in the stone age where it belongs. Anything less than 3000 Mah* is some peasant shit in 2015. Note the asterisk only counts for Android because Apple finds a way to compete on battery with less than 2000 Mah in their smartphones. Yeah, I can live with 3000+ Mah phone that's thick, has an sd card slot, removable battery, and lasts for two days with at least seven hours screen on time.

Cheebo

Banned
I don't need thinner phones, I need longer battery life and better cameras. :(

Knowing Samsung they looked at how Apple is destroying them in the high-end in marketshare and assume it must be because of how thin the 6/6+ are and going super thin is the key to their comeback. I don't know a single person who bought a 6 or 6+ who viewed thin as being important. Everyone puts these things into bulky plastic cases!

Just checked again and yeah, I get background and offline videos when I'm using my Google+ name, but not my YouTube name. On the same Google account.

Baffling.
Yeah they still need to fine tune this.

I went ahead and switched from Spotify to All Access. I don't have anything really tied to Spotify other than social networking features. So eh. I like being able listen to the entirety of Youtube as a music player though.

I really wish the player had media functions though. AFAIK it was just back/forward/pause|replay. Back and forward don't even let you skip through a video, that would be really nice. Sometimes I like to start a song over half way through.

I'm talking notification pane btw.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't encourage this behavior. It'll only spur AJ to make the next thread as boring as this one.
It always baffles me to see people put hours of free labor into an OT. I'll use my time to fund my euro trip instead of someone else's, thanks. But hey, if you want to put something together, PM me.

It always baffles me to see people put hours of free labor into an OT. I'll use my time to fund my euro trip instead of someone else's, thanks. But hey, if you want to put something together, PM me.
Salty about the thread title, not the actual op :p

I concur. I don't even remember what was in the OP in the last thread (no offence to whoever created it).
Perhaps you don't remember because there was only a picture. But he won't mind since he are no longer with us.

CoolS

Made the switch from my old iPhone 4 to a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact yesterday. Loving it so far, the ohone feels great and holy shit it's fast.

There's only one thing that's bugging me a bit right now, and that are the stock Android emojis. From what I've read, there is no way to change them without root access right? And the root for the z3c can fuck with the camera? So basically, I have to get used to these squished smileys outside of Whatsapp?

Hasney

Made the switch from my old iPhone 4 to a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact yesterday. Loving it so far, the ohone feels great and holy shit it's fast.

There's only one thing that's bugging me a bit right now, and that are the stock Android emojis. From what I've read, there is no way to change them without root access right? And the root for the z3c can fuck with the camera? So basically, I have to get used to these squished smileys outside of Whatsapp?

I don't think so. Swiftkey has a different set I think.

EDIT: Turns out that was CM12 that changed them. Mah bad.

Groof

If you want to change them on a system level then yeah you're going to have to root. Otherwise you just have to live with them or use a chat app that has its own smileys and stickers.

Unicorn

Is there a thread with general apps that are useful or interesting? Stuff like sleep monitors, media players, etc. Stuff worth checking out besides new games.

Donos

Is there a thread with general apps that are useful or interesting? Stuff like sleep monitors, media players, etc. Stuff worth checking out besides new games.

There is an android app thread but a lot of times people ask/post for apps in this thread since it's more active.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Google tried to pull this nonsense with me when my Nexus 5 lettering started to peel off. Go get your warranty booklet and quote from it. I bet there's nowhere that limits cosmetic issues. Here's my email chain. Keep in mind, it's for my N5. YMMV.

They then relented. As if some supervisor wrote the warranty smh
Thanks for this. I ended up contacting Motorola again yesterday and without having to plead my case, they set me up with a return. I send the phone in, then they send me a code to buy a new Moto X at no cost. Might skip the wood back this time.

Pachimari

Yeah all the other Android threads are kind of dead.

I tried wearing the LG G Watch R on my wrist yesterday, and to my surprise, it really fit on my arm and it looked really good.

I wonder what I can do with it besides swapping the watch faces, as that was the only thing I could do on the store's model. Oh, and silence it easily which was nice.

Would like to know if I can reply to sms messages and if at least Flappy Bird can be installed without rooting the watch.

aznpxdd

Yeah all the other Android threads are kind of dead.

I tried wearing the LG G Watch R on my wrist yesterday, and to my surprise, it really fit on my arm and it looked really good.

I wonder what I can do with it besides swapping the watch faces, as that was the only thing I could do on the store's model. Oh, and silence it easily which was nice.

Would like to know if I can reply to sms messages and if at least Flappy Bird can be installed without rooting the watch.

Yep, you can reply with sms via voice or preset short messages via coffee sms app. There's also a flappy bird game on wear without root. There are tons more stuff wear can do, love my Moto 360.

Hasney

Really looking forward to the second gen of watches, more than I thought I would. The Moto 360 was a little slow when I tested it out so if that's ironed out, I may dive in.

Pachimari

Because Flappy Bird is one of the most accessible games. Of course I can just play it on my phone which I would probably end up doing.

Yep, you can reply with sms via voice or preset short messages via coffee sms app. There's also a flappy bird game on wear without root. There are tons more stuff wear can do, love my Moto 360.
You gotta inform me of those "tons more stuff", I'm curious. I know I can see the weather as well and I saw it can notify from my calender as well.

By the way, whenever my LG G3 goes to 5% battery, it turns down my brightness to 0%. How can I turn this off?

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place or if there is another thread for this.

But I just got a Galaxy Note 4 with a custom Dynamic Kat on it.

I'm trying to set the lockacreen default camera to Google Camera. I can't so far.

I have freeze the default camera app. But whenever I'm at my lock screen. Swiping at the Camera button does nothing.

yogloo

They figured out how to root without affecting the drm keys recently. You should check out xda.

Top Bottom