• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

NotBacon

N6 idle discharge is about .5%/hr. That's iPhone levels!
The N6 is a lovely media consumption device. That screen, those speakers...just watched some episodes of The Jinx, and didn't hate my life like I normally would watching TV on my phone.

I'm still not convinced I own a pair of shorts that will contain this monstrosity.

Welcome to 3 months ago. Oh and go get some normal sized shorts.

Let us know what they say. Just noticed on on mine when the countdown timer goes off it starts crazy loud, suddenly dives to no volume and then slowly ascends again.

Yeah that definitely doesn't happen on mine...

kharma45

If I can't then unlock it and use it with my work Vodafone SIM, then it's no good to me. Can you do that?

Although I'd prefer the larger screen on the Z3, the comoact would work better as a hand me down, and then I could get the Z4 or whatever next year.

Yes. Know anyone with a pay monthly O2 account? They can do it for free https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help..._mmc&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-47868-_-blank-_-blank

Free Chromecast with them too.

Otherwise you're buying a code from eBay for about a tenner to unlock. Free Chromecast would soften the blow somewhat.

Wreav

Banned
Pretty sure that's the case for every camera. When you switch to 16:9, it's just cropping G the full sensor image.

That's not what that mobilesyrup review says about the S6, which is why I mentioned it. Makes way more sense to crop a 16:9 to 4:3.

Husker86

That's not what that mobilesyrup review says about the S6, which is why I mentioned it. Makes way more sense to crop a 16:9 to 4:3.

Ohh, I didn't finish reading that review. Interesting.

I always just assumed sensors were more square than rectangle so that's why it was that way.

dc89

Quick question. My Xperia Z3 has a custom o2 firmware (I presume). Could I use XperiaFirm and Flashtool to install the Lollipop update?

Would I have any adverse effects?

Thank you.

phoenixyz

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Z3 Compact. My good ol' Galaxy Nexus has reached the end of its service.
Was that a good choice?
so excite

L.O.R.D

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi4_will_support_windows_10_technical_preview-news-11587.php

so , now you can use a rom to install windows 10 on android devices
154512stz9jhh9m7nulvvu.jpg.thumb.jpg

microsoft is on fire

I'm not sure how that fixes Microsoft's problems. Having good devices available wasn't Windows Phone's problem so much as having a crappy app selection and apps that don't get updated for a long time if ever.

gcubed

its only xiaomi, which no one owns outside of china. I'd love to play with it on a real device for more then 5 seconds, just to help my curiosity.

Shit, i even installed BeOS back in the day, although that probably had more market share than Windows Phone.

I own a lumia 520 that I got for 50 bucks. That the extent of my windows phone experience. Well I owned a venue 8 pro tablet for a while, don't think that counts though.

Would not do again.

reKon

Banned
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Z3 Compact. My good ol' Galaxy Nexus has reached the end of its service.
Was that a good choice?
so excite

It's a pretty damn great phone. I barely have any complaints since I've owned it. If I was to complain about anything, it would be that the auto rotate gets stuck sometimes and I have to turn the phone off and on to get it back to recalibrate to go back to portrait mode. If battery life stays the same with Lollipop, I will be be very happy. The phone is a beast, never lags, and is at a good size.

If I wanted to perfect it, I would make it a have a 5 inch size with the same screen to body ratio, 1080P screen, have a metal design as opposed to glass on the back, sllim it by 1mm, and have a slight battery bump due to the bigger body size.

celebi23

So, I currently have a Galaxy S3 on Verizon & I'm overdue for an upgrade. The battery has been crapping out and texting hasn't been working at all (texts not going through, taking forever, recipient seeing multiple copies when it shows as "not sent" on my end). So, I'm looking for a pure Google experience & I've narrowed it down between the Moto X (2nd gen) and Nexus 6. What are people's opinions between the 2 devices?

So, I currently have a Galaxy S3 on Verizon & I'm overdue for an upgrade. The battery has been crapping out and texting hasn't been working at all (texts not going through, taking forever, recipient seeing multiple copies when it shows as "not sent" on my end). So, I'm looking for a pure Google experience & I've narrowed it down between the Moto X (2nd gen) and Nexus 6. What are people's opinions between the 2 devices?
well one is fucking huge but better in every single other way than the other. One isn't fucking huge but isn't as good in all other ways.

If hugeness doesn't bother you then the nexus 6 is obvious choice.

Droid Turbo bro.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Isn't the Z3 pretty pure android? I'd throw that in the mix too.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Droid Turbo bro.

Yeah should be between the N6 or Droid Turbo if you want to chose.

FYI check Amazon for pricing as they have deals.

If you are upgrading on contract Amazon has the G3 for a penny or the Turbo for $49.99.

So yeah I know some people here used my app Classic Notes. It's also been in the top 20 productivity for over a year and been on the Google Play since 2011. Well it just got pulled from Google Play =\

Text copy of DMCA complaint:

subject_lr_dmca: Your Request to Google
full_name: Bryan Pemberton
companyname: MarkMonitor Inc.
represented_copyright_holder: Apple Inc.
contact_email_noprefill: brandprotection@mm-apple.com
country_residence: US
location_of_copyrighted_work: apple.com
description_of_copyrighted_work: Apple Inc. is the sole and exclusive owner
of the copyright for the iOS operating system, including original artwork
for its icon designs and other features. The application being distributed
on GooglePlay, without any authorization from Apple, intentionally copies
Apple's iOS, including its icon designs and other features. This
application violates Apple's copyrights, in addition to other Apple IP
rights.
hidden_category:
url_box:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassic
url_box:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite
dmca_affirmations_authorized: agree
dmca_affirmations_penalty: agree1
signature: Bryan Pemberton
hidden_product: googleplay
hidden_ctx:
geolocation: US

So yeah I know some people here used my app Classic Notes. It's also been in the top 20 productivity for over a year and been on the Google Play since 2011. Well it just got pulled from Google Play =\
so what is it specifically though?

Do you just have to change the icon? That's not so bad. Or is it the entire look/feel.

so what is it specifically though?

Do you just have to change the icon? That's not so bad. Or is it the entire look/feel.

I'm not sure exactly. I e-mailed the address in that complaint but no response. That is all I got from Google. I remember this happening to the themer app last year and I contacted the guy and asked what he did and he said he emailed the address as well but never got a response. Only reason Apple contacted him was because news sites were running the story. Basically the only way to get the app back on Play Store is:

Google may reinstate your application into the Google Play Store upon receipt of a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. Click here for more information about the requirements of a counter notification and a link to a sample counter notification. If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain your own legal counsel.

Here is the icon btw. It's not even a direct copy like you see many other apps using. Mine is all flat style, no gradients or shadows, slightly different colors, no torn pages at the top like iOS notes icon.

Drifters

I'm not sure exactly. I e-mailed the address in that complaint but no response. That is all I got from Google. I remember this happening to the themer app last year and I contacted the guy and asked what he did and he said he emailed the address as well but never got a response. Only reason Apple contacted him was because news sites were running the story. Basically the only way to get the app back on Play Store is:

Here is the icon btw. It's not even a direct copy like you see many other apps using. Mine is all flat style, no gradients or shadows, slightly different colors, no torn pages at the top like iOS notes icon.

inb4appleinventednotepads

Jzero

Didn't you know Apple has a patent for anything that looks like a piece of paper?

hmm yeah I think it's probably just the icon that needs replacing, sucks but is better than the whole app being against the rules. Impossible to tell what is in violation from that google thing lol. It is kinda close though:

yM6ALtJ.jpg

lol someone snitched on you or yours is just really popular

hmm yeah I think it's probably just the icon that needs replacing, sucks but is better than the whole app being against the rules. Impossible to tell what is in violation from that google thing lol. It is kinda close though:

yM6ALtJ.jpg

lol someone snitched on you or yours is just really popular

Yeah I guess if it is just the icon whatever but I'm still under the assumption Apple needs to send the OK to Google before it goes back on Play store. At the moment. I cannot even even go into the page to edit the apps description, apk etc. It says suspended.

NotBacon

Droid turbo for a smaller and uglier phone. Nexus 6 for a larger not-ugly phone.

They're both grade A+ phones, so either way...

It ascends though right?

Yep

I certainly didn't and I never cared for it. But you're the one assuming that the people who want stock on flagship phones are also willing to pay unsubsidized prices. Why shouldn't price matter? Of course it does. People are willing to pay a certain amount for the experience they would like to have and maybe a bit more, but there's a limit of course. Most are used to pay through a carrier. I'm sure even here, most users bought their flagships subsidized.

Imagine Disney if would release the original Star Wars movies untouched on BD and ask $150 for each movie. "Well, you wanted it and it's here now. If it's so important to you, then it shouldn't matter that it costs much more than what you're used to pay for a BD, right?". Don't you think people would complain or not buy the movie?

more like charge $35 MSRP instead of the typical $18 deal price. people would eat them up.

Top Bottom