• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

But dat ballistic nylon doe.

So good.
DSC03619.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have a Nexus 6 and it's p good.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What are my best options for off contract phones? Preferably under 200.

I know there's the Moto G. Anything else?
Used Nexus 4 or 5. Go for it. I'd take one of those over a Moto G.

Jzero

If you want something new Moto G, if you don't mind used Nexus 5 or if you get lucky a newer phone. Don't get the Nexus 4 though.

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member to your ranks. I've always had iPhones but I'm done with contracts so I got a Cricket Moto E 2nd gen. I'm really digging it so far. I like how connected everything is.

Groof

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member to your ranks. I've always had iPhones but I'm done with contracts so I got a Cricket Moto E 2nd gen. I'm really digging it so far. I like how connected everything is.
Welcome to a land of bitterness and discontent. Petty arguments are to your right and chocolate covered brand loyalty is to your left. Enjoy your stay and don't forget to grab your complimentary fragmentation by the info desk.

Hey everyone,

Hey! The moto e is a good intro to Android phone, in my opinion.

Welcome to a land of bitterness and discontent. Petty arguments are to your right and chocolate covered brand loyalty is to your left. Enjoy your stay and don't forget to grab your complimentary fragmentation by the info desk.
Lol, this should be in the OP.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a reason why I don't get my upcoming calendar events on the lock screen? Running lollipop on a nexus 4. They pop up when I get a notification, but I like having them there at a glance, not just 15 minutes before a meeting.

Milpool

Woke up this morning and my Nexus 9 is stuck in a boot loop, it was working fine last night.

Never unlocked/rooted. Formatting cache did nothing but wiping the system sorted it out, the formatting data step took half a second when it usually takes minutes which was a bit weird.

Bboy AJ

Lol I was thinking to go from a nexus 4 to a moto G for the better camera and larger screen. Probably slower thouh, and less ram so probably won't
That's a bad move. You'd only do that if you have new phone syndrome.

Aticos

It's a pretty damn great phone. I barely have any complaints since I've owned it. If I was to complain about anything, it would be that the auto rotate gets stuck sometimes and I have to turn the phone off and on to get it back to recalibrate to go back to portrait mode. If battery life stays the same with Lollipop, I will be be very happy. The phone is a beast, never lags, and is at a good size.

If I wanted to perfect it, I would make it a have a 5 inch size with the same screen to body ratio, 1080P screen, have a metal design as opposed to glass on the back, sllim it by 1mm, and have a slight battery bump due to the bigger body size.

Try turning off the smart screen rotation and it should be fine.

kharma45

Lol I was thinking to go from a nexus 4 to a moto G for the better camera and larger screen. Probably slower thouh, and less ram so probably won't

iirc benchmark wise the G runs quicker than the 4, as the 4 can throttle thermally. Battery should be a lot better too. You'll suffer only really on the RAM front vs the N4.

Shiggy

Just got the Moto G after my S3 died. For 110 Euros definitely a great deal. Battery life is significantly better than on my S3 and everything runs much smoother without the Samsung bloatware despite also only having 1GB of RAM. Haven't run into any issues yet despite missing a few features (mute mode but that's due to lollipop). Love that it's dual sim.

What I learnt is definitely to never buy a Samsung phone again. My S3 was more ergonomic though. It was much easier to type with just one hand.

When looking for an Android phone in the 100 Euro range, the Moto G probably is the best right now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can see it be tempting for a few people, especially if they don't need a hot new phone.

False advertising. I was just browsing eBay Daily Deals and saw it. When you click on it though hidden bellow they say it isn't the G3 but rather the G3 stylus.

Trying to fuck with me via the headline listing.

Shiggy

Is anyone using the Nokia Z Launcher here? I think it's working pretty well and the widgets also look nice. Serves my needs.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
M9 gonna be the only 1080p screen left and still have shit battery life and over heat.

Also fuck Google. I'm gonna say that everyday till they patch shit.

Saiyan-Rox

Heh another reply from moto about the sounds on my N6

"I am happy to inform you that this is not a fault.
The phone will play sounds soft and then build up the volume. This goes for notifications as well.
I understand that this can be anoying or not what you are looking for but this is how to phone works.

If the speaker is activated the volume will play on loud. But as you said the first time it will build up."

Why implement a feature like that that distorts sounds >< and it only distorts one notification sound too. Gah!

Battery life, pls don't suffer.
3800 mAh battery incoming.
Heh another reply from moto about the sounds on my N6

"I am happy to inform you that this is not a fault.
The phone will play sounds soft and then build up the volume. This goes for notifications as well.
I understand that this can be anoying or not what you are looking for but this is how to phone works.

If the speaker is activated the volume will play on loud. But as you said the first time it will build up."

Why implement a feature like that that distorts sounds >< and it only distorts one notification sound too. Gah!
I love how they say they are happy to inform you of the "feature". No you're not you liar.

Top Bottom