• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Hasney

Oh HTC, please don't fuck up the Vive, you incompetent idiots.

fP5Tdd7.png

AndyD

aka andydumi
Flashed Lollipop on the G2, nice! And battery is doing quite well. I just need some xposed love, the dpi settings are all wacky without. The google widgets are huge!

Wreav

Banned
Tried Camera FV-5 with the N6...being able to force ISO 1600 greatly improves low light shooting, and the grain levels aren't terrible. ISO 3200 is pretty bad though, and still worse than the iPhone 6.

Dre

Is it just me or did Google remove notifications from Google Now?
I used to be able to set up a notification with 'ok Google' but now no matter what I say I get a prompt to set up a new alarm clock, which is not very useful.

Is it just me or did Google remove notifications from Google Now?
I used to be able to set up a notification with 'ok Google' but now no matter what I say I get a prompt to set up a new alarm clock, which is not very useful.

[Bug Watch] Google Now Voice Commands For Setting Reminders Create Alarms Or Calendar Events Instead

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...ers-create-alarms-or-calendar-events-instead/

Basically, set reminders using the keyboard instead of 'OK, Google' until this is fixed.

Wreav

Banned
Love that they used Wrestling Isn't Wrestling in their review.

S6 easily the phone of the year, no matter what Moto brings out of their ass.

Also, calling that a review, compared to what Mobile Syrup dumped on us, is a joke. This is barely a preview.

Cyrillus

So my Nexus 5 screen cracked months ago, and I had been limping along with it because they were just cosmetic scratches, but I woke up this morning and the LCD is completely fucked at this point.

Normally I'd just say fuck it and go without a phone for a couple days while I wait for a replacement to be shipped, but since I'm on call this weekend I need a replacement today, so I'm limited to what I can find locally.

I'm leaning towards a Nexus 6 (if I can find one), or a Note 4. The third option is probably grab a cheap Moto G or something and wait until either the S6 or M9 release.

What do?

Love that they used Wrestling Isn't Wrestling in their review.

S6 easily the phone of the year, no matter what Moto brings out of their ass.

Also, calling that a review, compared to what Mobile Syrup dumped on us, is a joke. This is barely a preview.
nah man, I'd rather moto's OS than touchwiz even if it means sacrificing a great camera. If moto puts an epic battery in the X, then I think it becomes the phone of the year along with the S6.

**assuming the nexus phone 2015 doesn't suck. Big assumption.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So my Nexus 5 screen cracked months ago, and I had been limping along with it because they were just cosmetic scratches, but I woke up this morning and the LCD is completely fucked at this point.

Normally I'd just say fuck it and go without a phone for a couple days while I wait for a replacement to be shipped, but since I'm on call this weekend I need a replacement today, so I'm limited to what I can find locally.

I'm leaning towards a Nexus 6 (if I can find one), or a Note 4. The third option is probably grab a cheap Moto G or something and wait until either the S6 or M9 release.

What do?

why not just grab whatever shitty thing you can find at the store for almost no money? As long as you can talk and text on it, you'll survive while waiting on a new phone.

If you want/need a smartphone, grab a cheap lumia

phoenixyz

I got my Z3C today. Compared to my old Galaxy Nexus this is the holy saviour of smartphones. I was surprised at the amount of bloat in the ROM but most of it could be deactivated so it's not so bad.

I got my Z3C today. Compared to my old Galaxy Nexus this is the holy saviour of smartphones. I was surprised at the amount of bloat in the ROM but most of it could be deactivated so it's not so bad.

damn that's some battery life jump lol. From one of the worst batteries in the game to one of the best.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

How and what did you deactivate? Just got one myself (using it without a SIM until I can unlock it)

Is there a way to get notifications or other info o the lock screen on a Z3C without installing a different launcher? Because of having my work email, it forces a PIN or password lock, and the number pad takes up half the screen. Ideally that shouldn't appear unless I swipe to unlock?

Edit: doesn't seem like it's possible with kitkat (clearly I was too used to lollipop on the nexus).

Also, there appears to be a bug in sony's lollipop release that means if you have a forced PIN lock due to exchange restrictions, then notifications don't pop up. That is definitely not right as the nexus handled the same situation with notifications on the lock screen :(

phoenixyz

How and what did you deactivate? Just got one myself (using it without a SIM until I can unlock it)
I pretty much just deactivated all the Sony/Xperia/Playstation stuff; gimmicks like FaceUnlock, Lifelog; Google bloat I don't need like G+, Talkback, Tags, Movies etc.; all the third-party preinstalled stuff....

Is there a way to get notifications or other info o the lock screen on a Z3C without installing a different launcher?
When you upgrade to Lollipop the lockscreen displays notifications.

Wreav

Banned
Maybe a stupid question, but on the N6, is there any way to get notifications to wake the screen without the stupid black and white pulsing?

They don't stay up nearly long enough to glance down.

L.O.R.D

the HTC m9 is available now in some stores here in saudi arabia and UAE
i just saw it , i think i'll bite in the next 2-3 days

So, pull-to-refresh in Chrome has arrived. Could be pretty neat, but it feels like there also needs to be some way to quickly get to the top of a page for it to be useful. Now you have to manually scroll all the way up before you can use it, and by the time you get there you could have just used the regular reload button instead (which is just a matter of long-pressing the menu button now anyway).
Oh my god, this "feature" is very annoying :x Too many accidental refreshes. Anyone know how to turn it off? Can't seem to find it in settings.

L.O.R.D

ok , one from arabic website bought it from store near me
he said its really hot , but he don't have proof

and other bought it , and did a quick review for it
after 10 min playing Real Racing 3 , the heat reached to 40c

10 min 4K recording and the heat reached to 38c

charging the phone from 1% to 50% took 55 min
charging the phone from 1% to 100% took 1H and 22 min

also he said the camera is very bad
i think he is comparing it to iphone 6 and note 3

some screens

BTW , this is the official release , not a pre release hardware or software

edit : those 2 didn't install the last update
i'll wait for tomorrow to see if their device still not melted

edit 2: the quick charger didn't come in the box , its just regular HTC charger

the quick charger sold alone

Hey Android GAF I have a challenge for you. I've exhausted my brain trying to think of new categories to add to my conversion app so if anyone can think of anything (useful lol) to put in I will be adding a little thank you section in the app and I will list the names along with suggestion there (if you want) :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.converteverything

So I finally managed to think of some new stuff to add lol

- Additional units in bullet energy
- Additional properties in Number properties
- Battery charge time added
- Fractions>Percent to fraction
- Fractions>Fraction to percent
- Fixed issue with braille image scaling
- Improper fractions will now simplify into mixed fraction/whole number

gcubed

Maybe a stupid question, but on the N6, is there any way to get notifications to wake the screen without the stupid black and white pulsing?

They don't stay up nearly long enough to glance down.

It would be awesome to have tap to wake but normally I can tap the side of the phone on a desk and the movement wakes it enough for me to see.

Quasar

Lemme check when I get home.

Lol no I'm not taking it out of the box and setting it up again.

Hopefully someone does, as I'd like to hear about it. Though I probably wouldn't buy one given the lack of ethernet. Which means I'll probably have to buy a shield when it comes.

Still waiting for my N4 image :(

manfestival

I feel so conflicted on the htc one m9

I loved my m7 and really would like to get the m9 based on my experience with the m7 but it seems like the galaxy s6 is going to be THAT much better than it. Not including the reports of overheating. Overheating sucks period, but I live in florida. It is already hot enough without the phone.

Wreav

Banned
Form factor: S6
Camera: S6
Heat: S6
Raw power: S6

What is there to be torn about? You're a damn fool if you buy an M9 today.

manfestival

Form factor: S6
Camera: S6
Heat: S6
Raw power: S6

What is there to be torn about? You're a damn fool if you buy an M9 today.

I would give everything else but form factor to the s6
With that said... I guess this could be my first galaxy since the s2

As someone who thought the M8 was the best built android phone, or at least one of the best last year. I held the M9 and S6 edge side by side at the same time in each hand. S6 is better. I done said it.

With that said, still fucksamsung.

bdrob

Having an issue with immersive mode and my Xperia Z3 Compact - was wondering if anyone here might know what is going on.

Up until yesterday it worked perfectly, the soft keys were transparent pretty much everywhere and if I opened an app which supported immersive mode, e.g. books, it would go full screen. Today, the soft keys are solid black in every app, other than the home screen, and no app appears willing to trigger immersive mode.

This seems to have happened after installing the Amazon App Store, which I have since uninstalled, but cannot seem to find any references to such an issue on Google. I have also reset my phone to factory settings and confirmed it is running Kitkat 4.4.4, but no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Got a Z3 the other day. Just did a screen comparison with my girlfriends Nexus 5 playing the same YouTube 4K (1080p) video side by side and the difference is unbelievable. With both screens brightness up full, the Z3 is significantly more vibrant and colorful. Much, much better. A bigger difference than expected - it makes the Nexus 5 actually look quite bad.

Cyrillus

Um wut? In what world would back speaker > front speakers?
I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that back speakers are better, he was likely just saying that no one cares enough about speaker placement to let it dictate their decision. I'd assume most people would agree front speakers are better.

it's like the perfect storm of bullshit has aligned to make Samsung not shit in their shittiest period ever. why do HTC, Google, Qualcomm, etc have to be such shitbags?

how can they let Samsung make a better phone on all fronts design and hardware wise and even fix the fuckups in Lollipop like DND?

#SaveUsLG

Top Bottom