• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that back speakers are better, he was likely just saying that no one cares enough about speaker placement to let it dictate their decision. I'd assume most people would agree front speakers are better.

That might be what he meant, but it's not what he said.

it's like the perfect storm of bullshit has aligned to make Samsung not shit in their shittiest period ever. why do HTC, Google, Qualcomm, etc have to be such shitbags?

how can they let Samsung make a better phone on all fronts design and hardware wise and even fix the fuckups in Lollipop like DND?

#SaveUsLG
LG gonna run game this year with the g4 and the nexus 7. If not, save us huawei.

it's like the perfect storm of bullshit has aligned to make Samsung not shit in their shittiest period ever. why do HTC, Google, Qualcomm, etc have to be such shitbags?

how can they let Samsung make a better phone on all fronts design and hardware wise and even fix the fuckups in Lollipop like DND?

#SaveUsLG

The hero we deserve

Time to all buy iPhone guys

My SIM went into my 6 today. N6 is stupid.
lol damn son.

It's funny because I'm on the hunt for an android phone for like 1.5 years yet I'm sitting here with a perfectly good iphone 6 that hasn't bugged me in the least bit. But still. Android y u not want moneyz.

What was it about the
Faux
N6 that pushed you over the edge and made you go back?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Some people are pretending to care about front-facing speakers. That's the only reason I can think of lol

Not gonna lie, I'm really gonna miss the speakers on my M7 when I move to the S6 Edge. The speakers aren't a make or break thing, but I love them nonetheless.

NotBacon

lol damn son.

It's funny because I'm on the hunt for an android phone for like 1.5 years yet I'm sitting here with a perfectly good iphone 6 that hasn't bugged me in the least bit. But still. Android y u not want moneyz.

What was it about the
Faux

I dunno man, every time I pick up my GFs iPhone 6 I want to throw it against the wall. The OS is kilometers behind lollipop and there's no way in hell it's more intuitive.

The GF agrees with me. But she just can't do large phones, so I told her straight up if she can't do the N6 size, she better get an iPhone because no one in the ~5" Android space has stepped up to the plate yet.

So I guess the wait is still on for the small-handed peasants ;)

Wreav

Banned
lol damn son.

What was it about the
Faux
The size slowed down my productivity by about a half. Touch ID spoils me. Not a fan of vanilla's way screen popping for notifications.

And the N6 camera is dog shit. Sorry, but it just is. The autofocus issue, the chronically low ISO, and gutter trash low light performance.

Save me S6.

Who in their right mind would put their faith in Oneplus?
They squeezed me, they hammered me to the point of desperation. And in my desperation, I turned to a manufacturer I didn't fully understand.....Perhaps this is a company that *you* don't fully understand, either. Some men aren't looking for anything logical.

So next Nexus will go back to normal size... right?
well it will be an actual nexus phone so I could see it being around the same as the 5. I say 5.5 inches max. Which is still a bit much but I guess LG is good with bezels so I'd have to consider it. So far we have two 5 inch flagship phones. It's the year of sanity.

Hopefully.

longdi

Banned
Chrome android now has pull down to refresh....it is ok now.

However been using Maxthon over the months since Goog nipped the refresh button.

Should i go back Chrome for faster loading and scrolling, or should i stick with Maxthon for gesture tab switching and full screen browsing...first world decisions.

longdi

Banned
^^ why not he?

How do you get rid of pull to refresh :'( it's driving me nuts. Couldn't you always click the menu button twice to refresh? It was simple :x

Not simple for 1 hand operation imo, just like tabs switching in Chrome. Cos' i got a big fone and not so big hands.

Hence i like Maxthon for these 2 winning features.

NotBacon

And the N6 camera is dog shit. Sorry, but it just is.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't look at iOS as inferior...just different. Also why no z3 compact for her?

She has gone down the non-stock route before. It was not pretty. And after using Z3 for a while personally, there's no way I could recommend that terrible UX for her.

Reven

Hey everyone. I'm in the market to replace my Galaxy Nexus. I have been looking at the Z3 (T-Mobile) and Nexus 6 (Verizon or T-Mobile). I got some hands on time with both today and they seem great and just wanted to get some second opinions.

Wreav

Banned
The last two pages or so are chock full of N6 and Z3 opinions.

Side note, I can't believe how many people still have Galaxy Nexii.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sometimes I wish I held onto phones so my eventual upgrade would be glorious.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

She has gone down the non-stock route before. It was not pretty. And after using Z3 for a while personally, there's no way I could recommend that terrible UX for her.

Xperia UX doesn't seem that bad to me. I like some of their additions like small apps, and folders are much neater and similar to live folders in windows phone which I like. Most of the fluffy sony apps and widgets you can just remove.

Hasney

My Note 4 is starting to look small tbh. I think I can handle 6.3-inch at least.

Same. I wonder when I'll say enough is enough.

Same here. It's a shame not everyone has evolved man hands such as ours.

Still love my Nexus 6. I was ready to throw my S4 against a wall and get an iPhone again by this point in its life, but glad I made the right choice. The only niggle left for me is the memory leak and it only really effects the UI drawing itself, which is about on the same level as Safaris refreshing tabs for me.

L.O.R.D

ok , till now , the update for HTC m9 didn't reach all the phones yet
is there any way to manual install the update ? using a usb for example ?

Xperia UX doesn't seem that bad to me. I like some of their additions like small apps, and folders are much neater and similar to live folders in windows phone which I like. Most of the fluffy sony apps and widgets you can just remove.

I don't like Xperia UX, but getting rid of the UX is pretty easy.

My Z1 looks pretty stock-like, with a Lollipop theme that I got from XDA.

Milpool

And the N6 camera is dog shit. Sorry, but it just is.

The camera is capable, but the default camera app is criminal.

#SaveUsLG

LG's got your back. Assuming you want a curved plastic plablet.

Any word on when we might start seeing display models for the S6?

Rumor is that Best Buy will start accepting pre-orders March 27, so maybe around then?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...orders-to-start-on-March-27-in-the-US_id67450

Wreav

Banned
The camera is capable, but the default camera app is criminal.

I can't abide with having to use a camera app that uses prosumer style controls, adjusting my shutter speed and ISO manually for every picture. Just work out of the box. You're right, the sensor is alright, but the software is just the worst.

gcubed

^^ why not he?

How do you get rid of pull to refresh :'( it's driving me nuts. Couldn't you always click the menu button twice to refresh? It was simple :x

Why is it driving you nuts? I find it incredibly hard to activate by accident but I'm using the beta, not sure if they changed where you need to be to activate

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Couple questions.

I have a Nexus 6 but haven't seen android 5.1 show up. Is it just still rolling out, or am I not seeing it because I bought they phone from Google and put my iPhone sim into it (Verizon).

Two, anyone else have Facebook update almost every day, but nothing new in the change log?

Wreav

Banned
The Verizon image is online, I'd suggest flashing it, as it gives you an improved baseband over the regular stock ROM.

gcubed

Couple questions.

I have a Nexus 6 but haven't seen android 5.1 show up. Is it just still rolling out, or am I not seeing it because I bought they phone from Google and put my iPhone sim into it (Verizon).

Two, anyone else have Facebook update almost every day, but nothing new in the change log?

Google does a real slow roll out of the software. If you want to upgrade to the Verizon version from 5.0.1 it's incredibly easy to do manually.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a way to get a Dualshock 4 working wirelessly on android? I have a Z3C so that uses it for remoteplay but it would be nice to use it for other apps like emulators. I also have the clip that sony do so I can mount the phone on the Dualshock so it'd be even handier.

popeutlal

I'm looking to buy the Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet (8 inch) version, anyone has experienced with it or are there other suggestions for an 8 inch tablet?

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I need a new phone. I'm using an old LG Optimus 2X and it's just so grindingly slow and outdated that I need something new.

The only things I use my phone for: emailing, texting, very (very!) light web browsing, tethering for my computer/tablet. Far and away, my primary concern is emailing and texting. Tethering is second. Web browsing is a distant third.

I will not be doing any gaming. I won't be using it for music. I won't be using it for movies. I won't be using any resource-intensive apps. (Maybe I'd get a banking app or a public transit app, but that's about it.)

So I'm wondering what phone will serve me best for the next 2-4 years. Should I be going with an Android? Or should I be looking at a Blackberry? Any thoughts? The phone needs to be an AWS phone (whatever that means).

Top Bottom