• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Those are some boring ass renders. Keep your day job, Internet.
I love the "ultrapixel camera" part. Because that experiment went well lol.

embrace it guys

IgfpoEq.jpg

Ok, I'm finally upgrading on Monday from a galaxy S3. Pretty set on the Note 4 since I'm pretty accustomed to Samsung by now (hated touchwiz when I first got the phone). Any suggestions by some Note 4 owners to take heed of or something? Honestly I was originally going to go with the Droid turbo since I was offput by the note4's size but after playing around with it at a local Verizon store I think I could definitely see myself getting used to the size. Fingers crossed I don't have any regrets.

NotBacon

LMAO.

never change, bruh.

Or you could, you know, read the post that followed. Or not I guess, whatever.

Any instance where you believe I'm implying you have some form of popularity due to habitually boasting wildly incorrect statements is a complete misunderstanding on your part.

Oh so you were just being an asshole, got it.

Lmao at 'wildly incorrect'. I'm obviously clueless when it comes to anything tech related.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not sure I can live with the Z3 compact's......compactness.

I can get a Z2 new from Amazon for £320, so only £70 more than the Z3 compact. Or a Z3 for about £420.

Is it worth the price premium to get the Z3? one concern is that I have a nano SIM, so does the Z2 play nicely with adapters? Can't easily get a different sim size as it is a work sim and they are a pain

Mr Swine

Banned
Borrowed my moms Moto G which got the lollipop update and man does it feel like a new smartphone. Feels a lot faster and more responsive than Kitkat ever did.

Oni Jazar

Still no 5.1 for the N7 (2013)... Why even announce this shit Google?

Yes my N7 needs this update. I'm also waiting for my Z3C lollipop update even though the Netherlands have had it for over a week. I understand having a pilot audience followed by a general release but this slow rollout is torture.

Not sure I can live with the Z3 compact's......compactness.

I can get a Z2 new from Amazon for £320, so only £70 more than the Z3 compact. Or a Z3 for about £420.

Is it worth the price premium to get the Z3? one concern is that I have a nano SIM, so does the Z2 play nicely with adapters? Can't easily get a different sim size as it is a work sim and they are a pain

Yes, the Z2 had a lot of hardware and build quality issues. In your place I would wait a bit for the Z4 to be announced so the Z3 gets discounted to around £300.

kinggroin

Banned
What phone are you talking about? We're talking about the Nexus 6 in here.

I've been using the stock Google Camera app and haven't been disappointed yet. Yeah super macro shots don't really turn out good, and there might be a few features missing, but I'm not a professional photographer either...

Anyways, the shots it takes still amaze me and people around me. Destroys the iPhone camera according to a few who have iPhone 6/6+.

I have had both. I currently own the N6 and have done extensive camera testing.

Yes, it produces exceptionally balanced shots thanks to pretty powerful post image processing (HDR+), but it falls behind overall compared to the iPhone 6+ camera experience. Certainly doesn't destroy it; that's a ridiculous notion to have quite honestly.

So apparently the snapdragon 815 runs cooler than the 810 (duh) but also cooler than the 801. How fast can qualcomm push it out though is the question.

longdi

Banned
Yes, the Z2 had a lot of hardware and build quality issues. In your place I would wait a bit for the Z4 to be announced so the Z3 gets discounted to around £300.

No issues imo, besides early reports of gaps (which also affected Note4). I using launch Z2 till now, good as new, even after many washes. In fact, Z3 has more reported issues about cracking glass. Probably Sony used thinner glass to reduce the weight.

Though between the 2, i would recommend Z3 easily, just because it is easier to hold in the hands with the reduced weight and width.
never mind Z3 also comes with reduced black levels (but increased brightness), default bluish screen, reduced battery life with Wifi usage :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No issues imo, besides early reports of gaps (which also affected Note4). I using launch Z2 till now, good as new, even after many washes. In fact, Z3 has more reported issues about cracking glass. Probably Sony used thinner glass to reduce the weight.

Though between the 2, i would recommend Z3 easily, just because it is easier to hold in the hands with the reduced weight and width.
never mind Z3 also comes with reduced black levels (but increased brightness), default bluish screen, reduced battery life with Wifi usage :p

There are a couple of online places doing the Z3 for £399 so I'm trying one of those. Will return the compact next week - O2 have a good return policy. Do the Z3 and Z3C have the same charger and headphones? Would be neater to swap the Z3 ones into the Z3C box rather than try and rebox the originals.

How are ZTE with software support?

Was thinking of getting this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UJILMLE/

ZTE Blade S6 for my gf now that her Xperia SP is beginning to slow down. Don't want her to get stuck with the same issues of no software updates again. Otherwise it is between this and the M4 Aqua, but this is dual SIM (she still has a Swisscom SIM attached to her Swiss number) and it is about £80 cheaper.

ZTE Blade S6 for my gf now that her Xperia SP is beginning to slow down. Don't want her to get stuck with the same issues of no software updates again. Otherwise it is between this and the M4 Aqua, but this is dual SIM (she still has a Swisscom SIM attached to her Swiss number) and it is about £80 cheaper.

I wouldn't count on them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Is there no M4 dual sim planned? M2 had one I think?

NotBacon

I have had both. I currently own the N6 and have done extensive camera testing.

Yes, it produces exceptionally balanced shots thanks to pretty powerful post image processing (HDR+), but it falls behind overall compared to the iPhone 6+ camera experience. Certainly doesn't destroy it; that's a ridiculous notion to have quite honestly.

Why doesn't anybody read on the weekends?

I'm just the messenger, but whatever. Gotta keep that hate flowing I guess.

Anyways, if you want my opinion, I only partially agree. My pictures almost always turn out better, but the camera experience as a whole just has more polish on iOS.

Is this a new bug in chrome where the tabs keep reloading almost each time they get switched to? Does it have to do with the memory leaks.

Chrome is an mess anyway but this is really something incredibly annoying.

Is this a new bug in chrome where the tabs keep reloading almost each time they get switched to? Does it have to do with the memory leaks.

Chrome is an mess anyway but this is really something incredibly annoying.
happens to me all the time, really annoying. And people complain about ram on ios for the same reason :/

happens to me all the time, really annoying. And people complain about ram on ios for the same reason :/

Ok then I assume its simply this stupid mem leak affecting everything, as I have three tabs open and pressing one link one one, then switching to the others gets the others to reload each time.

To think I have to update my Z3 to 5.0.2 and god knows when to the next fixed version...

kinggroin

Banned
Why doesn't anybody read on the weekends?

The post I replied to did not have that clarification. If you want to spare yourself the grief in the future, you'd do better to edit that into your original claim.

Otherwise it appears like you enjoy playing victim, and no one will take you (or your N6) serious moving forward.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have a Nexus 6. I had to reformat it today because my 64gb model only showed 32gb.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's worth mentioning from the Android Central Review on the HTC M9

We've been using the HTC One M9 (connected to an ASUS ZenWatch) exclusively for the past 11 days, running Android 5.0.2, mostly on software build 1.32.401.6. We received a software update (build 1.32.401.214) March 19 that addressed thermal concerns while benchmarking, gaming and during software updates (more on that in a bit), as well as improvements to camera processing. The bulk of our use was on the earlier build. But for us the biggest change was in camera quality, and all sample shots here are with the new software.

They are using the Toshiba 20mp sensor. This is not a surprising outcome. It is literally a piece of shit, someone I know in semiconductors called it an embarrassment to Japanese engineering.
cutting corners is what company's do when they don't give a shit

that's why I officially write off htc.

We still have the G4/Z4 (lol)/LGnexus/Huawei Nexus/MotoX/Oneplus2. S6 turned out decent. I'd say all things considered this year isn't going so bad other than HTC shitting the bed. Moto E 2015 was a good one so far too.

Toki767

cutting corners is what company's do when they don't give a shit

that's why I officially write off htc.

We still have the G4/Z4 (lol)/LGnexus/Huawei Nexus/MotoX/Oneplus2. S6 turned out decent. I'd say all things considered this year isn't going so bad other than HTC shitting the bed. Moto E 2015 was a good one so far too.
It really depends on if those phones end up using the Snapdragon 810 or not.

It really depends on if those phones end up using the Snapdragon 810 or not.
meh I still feel at least semi-confident that they'll resolve the issue somehow. Even if it's underclocking I really don't mind. I doubt the performance difference will be very noticeable.

I doubt any company plans on allowing a phone to exist for an entire year with serious heat issues.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lollipop has a known memory leak!

Look I know everyone has been bitching about the M9 and other shit, but the real news is Lollipop has a memory leak.

All that shit posted above about chrome?

Hello memory leak.

It's less obvious if you have more RAM as it's sorta a brute force fix. That's why you might not notice as much on say the N6 cause that extra gig of RAM means it takes more to make everything fubar.

It blows my mind this isn't bigger news. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. People lauded FF 2.X back in the day despite the same issue.

I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall bringing this up in this thread again. So go ahead and keep talking another other shit.

Top Bottom