• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

😂😂
QripJLP.png

I would never.

S6 = "decent" lol

this is why android fans just bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about everything
Well I never hide the fact that I hate toucvhwiz so me saying that is a compliment. It had spouse battery that the one that came before it. Add my hate of tgheirsoftwasre...its decent!

NotBacon

The post I replied to did not have that clarification. If you want to spare yourself the grief in the future, you'd do better to edit that into your original claim.

Nah it was in another post a couple below that. I like you kinggroin. I'll give you a pass ;)

The thing about no one taking me seriously is I don't really care. I just tell it like it is. In the beginning I guess that made me a shill or something. Then people realized wait, he actually knows what he's talking about. There's a few who still think I'm a troll, but oh well. I'll just keep on being (biased) me and not really care what others think.

DarkFlow

Banned
Nah it was in another post a couple below that. I like you kinggroin. I'll give you a pass ;)

The thing about no one taking me seriously is I don't really care. I just tell it like it is. In the beginning I guess that made me a shill or something. Then people realized wait, he actually knows what he's talking about. There's a few who still think I'm a troll, but oh well. I'll just keep on being (biased) me and not really care what others think.

That still hasn't happened.

Wreav

Banned
Lollipop has a known memory leak!

Look I know everyone has been bitching about the M9 and other shit, but the real news is Lollipop has a memory leak.

All that shit posted above about chrome?

Hello memory leak.

It's less obvious if you have more RAM as it's sorta a brute force fix. That's why you might not notice as much on say the N6 cause that extra gig of RAM means it takes more to make everything fubar.

It blows my mind this isn't bigger news. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. People lauded FF 2.X back in the day despite the same issue.

I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall bringing this up in this thread again. So go ahead and keep talking another other shit.

I mean, we've been talking about it since 5.1 hit and Google acknowledged it wasn't fixed and had no ETA...not sure what more you want from us, we're merely men.

What's with Anand having an S4 on their bench list and no N6? Is the N6 really categorically worse than the S4?
Of course it is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I mean, we've been talking about it since 5.1 hit and Google acknowledged it wasn't fixed and had no ETA...not sure what more you want from us, we're merely men.

What's with Anand having an S4 on their bench list and no N6? Is the N6 really categorically worse than the S4?
Of course it is.

Actually the maddening part is Google acknowledged it's fixed (supposedly) internally, but they have no public eta cause Google doesn't give a fuck.

How this wasn't a hot fix the day they fixed shit I'll never know.

Saiyan-Rox

Since you guys were speaking about the nextus (<.<) and if LG are indeed doing the next one I'd love for them to go back to the N4 design and just make it bigger. 5" or bigger nexus 4 designed phone with better internals would be soooo good!

That design was great the back of the phone especially with those symbols on it.

gcubed

Actually the maddening part is Google acknowledged it's fixed (supposedly) internally, but they have no public eta cause Google doesn't give a fuck.

How this wasn't a hot fix the day they fixed shit I'll never know.

Grab a blanket and throw your temper tantrum somewhere quieter

I have a Galaxy S3 that's recently started having some battery issues. I'll leave it charging every night, and each morning it's at 100%. Cool, that's totally normal. But the second I unplug the phone, the battery life drops drastically immediately. This morning, for example, it immediately dropped to 32%. And when I try charging it again, it charges soooo slowly. Like 3% for every hour.

I've already tried replacing the battery and I'm still having the same problems. Is this a known issue with these phones? Anything else I can try?

Saiyan-Rox

I have a Galaxy S3 that's recently started having some battery issues. I'll leave it charging every night, and each morning it's at 100%. Cool, that's totally normal. But the second I unplug the phone, the battery life drops drastically immediately. This morning, for example, it immediately dropped to 32%. And when I try charging it again, it charges soooo slowly. Like 3% for every hour.

I've already tried replacing the battery and I'm still having the same problems. Is this a known issue with these phones? Anything else I can try?

Mate of mine in work had the exact same issue. I'd say its time to ditch the phone tbh the price of getting it fixed if it is an internal issue would be pointless paying for now. Get yourself a moto e or g to fill the gap perhaps?

MarkusRJR

Any tips on minimizing Android OS and Android System battery usage? They're taking up 20%+ of my battery life and I'm not entirely sure why. It wouldn't be such a big problem if my phone battery wasn't ass, but I need to start figuring out ways to make it last the whole day.

Also, Motorola needs to add bigger batteries to their phones. My Moto G 2nd gen gets only 15 hours of usuage and less than 2 and half hours on screen time before dying. Who thought this was acceptable? This is like Nexus 4 levels of bad.

To be even vaguely on topic, why is everyone ragging on the new HTC One? I was kind of expecting it to be good; my brother has he M8 and it's fantastic. Doesn't look like much changed beyond a spec increase. What went wrong?

what brand was the new battery? what about the adapter and charge cable?

Mate of mine in work had the exact same issue. I'd say its time to ditch the phone tbh the price of getting it fixed if it is an internal issue would be pointless paying for now. Get yourself a moto e or g to fill the gap perhaps?

Yeah, I think I might have to get a new phone. It sucks, because aside from this issue, the phone is great.

what brand was the new battery? what about the adapter and charge cable?

I replaced the phone's original battery a long time ago, but I started having troubles with this battery recently. Thinking it was purely battery issue, I purchased another replacement (this one), but I've found that the problem is still happening. I've tried charging the phone on about four different cables but all have the same result.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Since you guys were speaking about the nextus (<.<) and if LG are indeed doing the next one I'd love for them to go back to the N4 design and just make it bigger. 5" or bigger nexus 4 designed phone with better internals would be soooo good!

That design was great the back of the phone especially with those symbols on it.

Only phone I ever had that could fall off a comoletely flat surface. Back was coated in the slipperiest substance known to man.

And I just bought a Z3 which apparantly is similar - I'm a sucker for punishment.

Groof

The N4 is and probably always will be the best designed phone I've ever owned. Holding and using that thing was a joy. From the rubberised and ergonomically shaped sides to the curved front glass. It felt like it was made to be used. The glass back made a great contrast to the plastic sides. Biggest nag was the horribad power and volume keys.

And yes it was slippery af. Though the nipples they added later helped slightly.

NotBacon

That still hasn't happened.

You're right, what do I know?
I've only had extensive hands-on experience with almost every flagship over the last 3 years.
Troll harder.

Edit: Yep. Specifically targeting me in multiple threads. Cute, but very obvious trolling.

To be even vaguely on topic, why is everyone ragging on the new HTC One? I was kind of expecting it to be good; my brother has he M8 and it's fantastic. Doesn't look like much changed beyond a spec increase. What went wrong?

Well they were given a year to fix their shortcomings with the M8 and they failed to do so. Instead opting to leave the triple-chin in, use a processor known to have overheating problems (they'll probably just throttle CPU to fix this), and not even improve the camera.

Saiyan-Rox

Only phone I ever had that could fall off a comoletely flat surface. Back was coated in the slipperiest substance known to man.

And I just bought a Z3 which apparantly is similar - I'm a sucker for punishment.

Oh yeah that was one of the issues with it it was a slippery demon but with a case on I was fine with mine.

Tbh I'd probably still have it if it wasn't for the battery and heat that thing gave off.

NotBacon

Oh yeah that was one of the issues with it it was a slippery demon but with a case on I was fine with mine.

Yeah I tried to convince myself it wasn't that slippery for a while, until it literally popped out of my hands when I squeezed and I shattered the back -_-

Groof

Yeah I tried to convince myself it wasn't that slippery for a while, until it literally popped out of my hands when I squeezed and I shattered the back -_-
The slipperiness sort of went away with use. But out of the box even on an even table it would be pretending to be speed racer

Saiyan-Rox

I never actually managed to drop mine which is a surprise. I loved that little phone to the point I'd buy one just to have about.

Blablurn

Just checked out some phones in my local store because my Xiaomi Note is waaay too big.

I saw the Z3 Compact first. A little too small too be honest. My dream phone would be the iPhone 6 but thats out of my price range. Then I went to the LGG3. Holy Crap. What a phone. Brilliant.

I also had the LGG2 and I kinda miss it too be honest. Now I'm wondering.

OnePlus One or LGG3.

The One Plus One has the same size as the xiaomi but is way thinner. On the other hand it comes with 64GB.

I think the LGG3 has the best size out of all. Gonna check some review and then lets see...

Hasney

so I'm looking into buying a new phone. which is better the z3 or lg g3? or should i wait until the z4 and g4?

Z3 for me and with how the 810 is going right now, I wouldn't bother waiting. Hopefully the 815 is out in time for Sony to use it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just checked out some phones in my local store because my Xiaomi Note is waaay too big.

I saw the Z3 Compact first. A little too small too be honest.

its strange isn't it? It has a 4.6" screen which only a few years ago would have been considered big. But it does feel small in the hand.

Top Bottom