• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

iXj1oxZu4sgpU.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
I've always purchased black phones. I think they look better when off and when in use (as far as immersion goes). I also like that you can't really see the camera/proximity sensors on black phones.

Same for me, I hate how the camera and proximity/light sensors stick out on white phones. I don't know how sleek this phone will look with the screen off cause the color isn't pure black like an iPhone for example. Still, it should look a lot sleeker than white.

Is this your first Android phone? You just did a huge update on your phone that is a major architecture change. If you arent willing to do a factory reset then you may as well have avoided the update.

Is there any real benefit to this? If I do a factory reset won't I have to download the updates again? Pardon my ignorance, but I really don't know.

I've never had to reset a phone before, Lollipop is the first update that's frankly made my phone run worse than it's predecessor in the six years I've been running Android phones.

Is there any real benefit to this? If I do a factory reset won't I have to download the updates again? Pardon my ignorance, but I really don't know.

I've never had to reset a phone before, Lollipop is the first update that's frankly made my phone run worse than it's predecessor in the six years I've been running Android phones.

Why would i say it if there was no benefit? Apps store data on your os. When you rip the os from underneath them with another your apps cached data can get corrupt/have issues. Usually this results in unexpected issues and slowness. There could be other situations but this is just one high level example.

Lollipop especially switches things up since it changes how apps are compiled.

Do the factory reset if youre having issues. Still have issues? Come to the forum and bitch.

Why would i say it if there was no benefit? Apps store data on your os. When you rip the os from underneath them with another your apps cached data can get corrupt/have issues. Usually this results in unexpected issues and slowness. There could be other situations but this is just one high level example.

Lollipop especially switches things up since it changes how apps are compiled.

Do the factory reset if youre having issues. Still have issues? Come to the forum and bitch.

Good enough for me.

vwnut13

I believe the S6 32GB has at least 23GB? Does that stupid new smart widget really take up 2 gigs?

I wonder how much free (wasted) space is in the System ROM Partition. My Nexus 7 (2012) had a 670mb system partition and it was nearly completely full. It was so full I had to uninstall a system app to install busybox.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've always purchased black phones. I think they look better when off and when in use (as far as immersion goes). I also like that you can't really see the camera/proximity sensors on black phones.
White face phones, like iPhone, ruin immersion. Nexus phones always did white phones right, with a black screen face. I guess you could ding the N5 for the white earpiece, though.

Mascot

Well gold is tacky and disgusting and white is just meh. Only reason I would consider white is that it shows fingerprints less, but black is superior.
I changed my S6e order to white after physically comparing them all yesterday. I think the finish is stunning, kinda like mother-of-pearl.

DrFurbs

Lol my nexus 5 with a new kernel is telling me I have 4 days battery left. In fairness I list 2% over night compared to a usual 20% before I installed ElementalX.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I think it depends regarding immersion. When you're watching full screen videos maybe the black blends in better, but when browsing the web which usually has white/pale backgrounds, then a white face phone can also be nice.

Alright guys been having the S6 edge since yesterday. I have the blue/black color 32 gb look stunning. If you guys have any question about it let me know.

L.O.R.D

asdad123

I have a z3 and I tried out the s6 edge. I loved it. Id buy it in a heartbeat if it was waterproof. I don't ever plan on using the water proof feature of the z3, but it is nice to have in case of accidents lol.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Edge people are coming around. Come, my children. Follow me, your shepherd, into the land of tomorrow. Leave these deniers back in history with the "3.5" is perfection" scum. And similar to the 3.5" scum repenting, the Edge deniers, too, will eventually see the truth. I am your beacon of light. Whom shall you fear

Sid

The Edge people are coming around. Come, my children. Follow me, your shepherd, into the land of tomorrow. Leave these deniers back in history with the "3.5" is perfection" scum. And similar to the 3.5" scum repenting, the Edge deniers, too, will eventually see the truth. I am your beacon of light. Whom shall you fear
I thought you have a Nexus 6

Bboy AJ

So you're the leader of the 'Edge' cult,leading the sheep into the land of tomorrow and don't even have one,wut?

I am the Note Edge messiah. Gimmick, everyone shouted! No, my son. Now you can all bask in the edge lit glory.

The E9 has a double double chin now. The top bezel got bigger so it fits the bottom bezel with the HTC logo.

That is one way to solve the "so we have an uneven bezel" problem.

ukas

When is lollipop coming to xperia Z3 in the UK? I hate having my phone forced to have a PiN lock and no lockscreen widgets (due to work email), and lollipop gives me widgets back plus smart unlock with my G watch R so that gets around the PIN

S6 Edge drop test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5BFHDnCTs

Higher quality http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTIxMDIxMTg4.html

Guys, it'll break. It's so fragile. Better get your cases, uh oh!!

Good god! That's not a drop test. That woman is just angry.

My Magazine is probably still shit. I bet if it was turned off, that won't be an issue at all. They really need to get rid of that POS.
Literally first thing I did when I got my Note 4 is turn Flipboard off.

That's the most hilarious drop test I've ever seen. She clearly does not want that phone 😂😂

Need some help deciding for my 60 yr old mom. She has a 1st gen Moto g and is having trouble seeing the screen well. I came up with below pros and cons. Any others?

Nexus 6
Better battery life
Similar to current devices - Easier to adjust to
Huge screen - Can ditch laggy nexus 7 2012
Slightly Cheaper - buying off contract in US

Galaxy S6
Best Camera on market
Smaller size
Brighter in sunlight
More premium

Top Bottom