• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Wreav

Banned
lol, that glare. so premium.

HfDZeKp.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So with my Z3 I got a voucher for three Sony movies (amazing Spider-Man 2, captain Philips and ghostbusters) and a TV season (blacklist). But when I go to the video unlimited app, nothing is showing up. I also have The Damned United which Sony gave everyone last week. All show up on PS4 but not the Z3. If I searhc for them in the video unlimited app,they appear as 'you bought this already',but that's it - can't download or stream.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Also, the offer gave me a chromecast, but as far as I can tell, the video unlimited app doesn't support chromecast. Not very joined up thinking, Sony

From what I see the S808 is apparently slower than the 805? Weird they would opt for slower SOC for their flagship than last year model.

Oh well here hoping the battery life is amazing.

Mindwipe

So with my Z3 I got a voucher for three Sony movies (amazing Spider-Man 2, captain Philips and ghostbusters) and a TV season (blacklist). But when I go to the video unlimited app, nothing is showing up. I also have The Damned United which Sony gave everyone last week. All show up on PS4 but not the Z3. If I searhc for them in the video unlimited app,they appear as 'you bought this already',but that's it - can't download or stream.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Nah, sorry. For what it's worth, they work okay on my Z3C (and PS4, but do not appear on the Video Unlimited app on my Sony Blu-ray. Who the hell knows).

Also, the offer gave me a chromecast, but as far as I can tell, the video unlimited app doesn't support chromecast. Not very joined up thinking, Sony

That's Video Unlimited all over. I expect it'll go the way of Music Unlimited eventually.

...That said, is there any reason that you want to view them on the Z3 rather than the PS4?

yyzjohn

Banned
Looks like it's hit or miss for some people. It's been going more than 24 hours without any major slowdowns. I couldn't say the same about 5.0 or a fresh wipe/reinstall.

Yeah 5.1 has been great on my nexus 7 (2012). My expectations were so low that I'm still in shock

3phemeral

Holy hell, 5.1 brought my N7 2012 back from the fucking dead.

My mom's Nexus 7 won't even update to 4.4 (I think that's the iteration) because once rebooted, the installation process displays an error. It's not even rooted or unlocked, it's all stock. I don't even know how to fix it. Maybe a factory reset?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
...That said, is there any reason that you want to view them on the Z3 rather than the PS4?

Lol - not really, just pissing about with it.

One good thing is that it is easy to switch PSN accounts in the remote play app (not practical on vita), so my son can play PS4 on it too. Need to test it with a DS4

manfestival

I was really hopeful and excited for the m9. I just placed my preorder for the s6 through tmobile. I guess I am coming back to samsung.

I am somewhat excited for this phone but I am a sucker for front facing speakers. Anyone know where a good place is to sell my moto g aside from craigslist? I mean, the phone is in great condition

Just had a fun phone call I thought I'd share:

My girl and I were planning on buying S6's in June when our contracts were up. For shits and giggles I called AT&T, and asked their cancellations department how much the ETF was and that we were interested in T Mobile. They offered to waive $230 in early upgrade fees, take $15 a month off of the bill, and knock $100 off of each phone.

Short version: Before upgrading at full price call and inquire about cancelling. They might make you an offer. :)

BraXzy

I want to upgrade my phone.. I'm torn between the Sony Z3 and the LG G3.

Sony

+ Great camera, great battery, sleek design, waterproof, remote play PS4

- Heard numerous stories of the glass breaking. Someone my step dad knows put his down a little hard and it smashed the glass?!

LG G3

+ Good camera, good battery, decent design

- A little bigger than I'd like, plastic back

I can't decideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

MattDoza

Sony

- Heard numerous stories of the glass breaking. Someone my step dad knows put his down a little hard and it smashed the glass?!

LG G3

Wait for Z4 or G4?

MercuryLS

Banned

Sony

LG G3

Try both out, the G3 is the most compact 5.5" phone but it still feels a bit big in the hand width-wise. As for the Z3, if you're worried about durability my cousin bought a metal bumper for it and it was pretty decent, gave it nice protection without making it bulky. I'd personally go with the Z3 out of those two phones.

BraXzy

Wait for Z4 or G4?

I wouldn't be able to afford brand new releases so there's no point in waiting, plus I've already waiting for 3 months since I've been able to upgrade.

Try both out, the G3 is the most compact 5.5" phone but it still feels a bit big in the hand width-wise. As for the Z3, if you're worried about durability my cousin bought a metal bumper for it and it was pretty decent, gave it nice protection without making it bulky. I'd personally go with the Z3 out of those two phones.

I feel like out of the two I'm leaning towards the Z3 more but the possible glass breaking is really putting me off. I'll have a look at cases now.

I wouldn't be able to afford brand new releases so there's no point in waiting, plus I've already waiting for 3 months since I've been able to upgrade.

I feel like out of the two I'm leaning towards the Z3 more but the possible glass breaking is really putting me off. I'll have a look at cases now.
The old phones cheaper once the new ones are out.

MercuryLS

Banned
The old phones cheaper once the new ones are out.

This too, deals happen right around the time new flagships launch.

Your best bet is going for a case of strong bumper if you're worried about durability. The Z3 is really nicely made, crazy long battery life and great performance. My only issue is the flaps all over the thing due to waterproofing and onscreen buttons (this is a personal pet peeve), the rest of the phone is awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So how can I get 5.1 on my Nexus 6? Its a phone I ordered from google and just swapped my iPhone Sim from Verizon into. Not sure I'll automatically get the update...

MercuryLS

Banned
That was brutal, like watching a dead man get roasted in front of his family.

"The Ugly
HTC's next earnings report—this phone stands no chance against the tougher-than-ever competition."

Nothing will ever beat Ron's review of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10:

The hardware is pure, unadulterated garbage. The build quality is so bad, I think it gave me cancer.

I love his negative reviews, they're a lot of fun to read.

Somebody tell me LG aint teasing some faux leather garbage with their invitation to their event (On April 28th for G4 and whatever else):

Ua15aii.jpg

GG indeed.

Jzero

Removed encryption from my Nexus 6 and it feels so much better.

Also, editing build.prop is the greatest thing ever. sucks that i learned about it so late.

Hey guys, what are the best Android phones out right now? Any of them under $600 off contract?

Need to get my mom a new phone. She uses it mostly for calling, music and photos. Photos is a huge deal for her actually so a good camera is a must. Any suggestions?

Probably gonna update from my S3 soon. The charging port is busted. I really wanted to get a Nexus next, but then I discovered that it didn't have a replaceable battery, which sucks.

I haven't been paying attention to the Android scene for a few years. What's the best one on the market right now? Any good websites that compare them in depth?

tr4656

Hey guys, what are the best Android phones out right now? Any of them under $600 off contract?

Need to get my mom a new phone. She uses it mostly for calling, music and photos. Photos is a huge deal for her actually so a good camera is a must. Any suggestions?

Under 600? Z3c.

Probably gonna update from my S3 soon. The charging port is busted. I really wanted to get a Nexus next, but then I discovered that it didn't have a replaceable battery, which sucks.

I haven't been paying attention to the Android scene for a few years. What's the best one on the market right now? Any good websites that compare them in depth?

With a replaceable battery? Note 4 or G3.

FYI the T-Mo variant (S6) has 24.75GB available out of the box for the 32GB version. That's a good amount.

Top Bottom