• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

gcubed

Removed encryption from my Nexus 6 and it feels so much better.

Also, editing build.prop is the greatest thing ever. sucks that i learned about it so late.

Good placebo! Considering the i/o access has been fixed with 5.1, sugar pills work

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did Google pull 5.1 or something, or are they just being absolutely ridiculous about this rollout? Still nothing on my N5.

L.O.R.D

Soooooo HTC confirms the M8 will get Lolli next week OTA on ATT. Nice. Paging Mad Marty....

its already out in some area
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nightbird

Quick question, does the Moto E (1. Gen) have offical Android 5 Support?

I have to decide between the 1. Gen and 2nd Gen, and while i don't want to miss Android 5, those 35 Bucks those two Models are apart are a huge difference in my current financial situation.

Mindwipe

Quick question, does the Moto E (1. Gen) have offical Android 5 Support?

I have to decide between the 1. Gen and 2nd Gen, and while i don't want to miss Android 5, those 35 Bucks those two Models are apart are a huge difference in my current financial situation.

It's definitely getting Lollipop, though the OTA hasn't rolled out in all territories yet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ah, thank you blessed smart lock. Really its the only thing I wanted from lollipop along with notifications on the lock screen - my work exchange setup disabled lock screen widgets and forced PIN lock.

ah, thank you blessed smart lock. Really its the only thing I wanted from lollipop along with notifications on the lock screen - my work exchange setup disabled lock screen widgets and forced PIN lock.

I switched to using Nine for exchange. Lock is on the mail app instead of phone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Soooooo HTC confirms the M8 will get Lolli next week OTA on ATT. Nice. Paging Mad Marty....

Oh wow, fantastic news. M8 is the best HTC phone they ever built. A decent camera away from being the best phone of 2014.

My final 2014 rankings:

1. Note 4
2. iPhone 6s
3. HTC One M8
4. LG G3
5. Z3C

mrklaw

MrArseFace
smart lock isn't working on my Z3 when set to my watch or car bluetooth :(

Had to add it as a 'trust agent' from settings-security which I don't remember having to do on the nexus 4.

edit: Trusted place not doing it either.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
But now you don't have the VZW specific basebands...not that you ever did, I suppose.

What issues will I run into without those? The flashing process seems a lot more in depth than I remember back in my Droid X days.

Phone seems to work fine right now, maybe I don't need to do anything?

Saiyan-Rox

went and unlocked my bootloader went through the trouble of wiping the phone setting it back up all for xposed just to find out it doesn't work on 5.1 -_-

extremely disappointing for 2015 yo. Not that the 6 has bad battery life but it's just a shame. Like I keep saying we should be going the other direction of improving, not going backwards.

Its terrible.

The last hope is basically that the 815 makes it into the new Moto X along with a fantastic camera. The chances of both of these is very slim.

Or dare I say Nexus with an 815 and great camera but thats all the way in November.

Its terrible.

The last hope is basically that the 815 makes it into the new Moto X along with a fantastic camera. The chances of both of these is very slim.

Or dare I say Nexus with an 815 and great camera but thats all the way in November.

I'm willing to have an average camera for great battery life if I had to pick one between the two. But yeah moto x, nexus, oneplus 2. Those are my hopes for the year. Hopefully everyone gets their shit in order. Battery is definitely one of my priorities this year (without having to buy a massive phone).

Mascot

Ha ha! Just spent two days of my life that I'll never get back setting up a bunch of iPhones for colleagues. I'd forgotten what a hateful, counter-intuitive, restrictive, illogical ecosystem iOS is. Fuck that noise with a wooden dildo, it's 'droid for life for me.

Nice to be reminded just how much better it is.

Husker86

Get a Note for battery life. Shit people, how do you not have chargers all around you? As long as it's better than the Nexus 5 (honestly, even if it's the same), I'm good to go. Much rather have what appears to be the best phone camera.

My Qi chargers are waiting...

edit: I'd like better battery life, but it is the easiest issue to deal with. It's actually the only issue that consumers can actively make moot (by just charging the thing more). Any other issue is unfixable.

It was never going to have a better battery than the iP6, lol

Just because Im bitching doesnt mean I excepted it to be. Just like I will bitch when the next Moto X still has an average camera. On paper it was a given but I saw some benchmarks somewhere showing the s6 to last longer than the i6.

It will be interesting to see if 5.1 imroves the s6 and m8 in any way. 5.1 literally woke my moms nexus 7 2012 from the dead.

RdN

Hey guys.

So, I got a Moto X 2nd Gen as a gift this past weekend. I'm impressed at how great the phone looks and feels (it's the black leather version).

But one thing is REALLY bothering me: battery life.

Is it really this atrocious? I'm barely able to get 8h out of it. Is there something wrong with it's Lollipop release or something software wise, or is the 2300mha battery simply not enough and I'm basically SOL?

Top Bottom