• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I knew oxygen OS wouldn't launch with as much features as people expected. Sure PA are working on it but they came in late so no way they could work magic that quickly.

It is strange it requires a manual flash but I guess that's to make sure nothing goes wrong with OTA
I like their approach tbh. Start with vanilla and build only "essential" features. I wish all roms/skins did instead of trying to think of as many gimmicks as humanely possible or throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the settings and design.

Welp, I'm throwing my hat back into the ring. Went out and spent a couple hours at my pool with the OPO out of direct sunlight wrapped in a towel, screen facing down. I go back in the house to use it and it has that fucking ghost touch issue, where touches don't register properly so you end up typing gibberish.

Needless to say, I ain't having it. I'm still within 45 days (paypal), so I filed for a refund. That's what I get for ignoring all the jank stories lol.

I'm almost ready to pick up a 6 plus and say fuck it ;__;
who am I kidding I hate iTunes thats never gonna happen

Furyous

OxygenOS looks like possibly the best skin of Android I've seen thus far. It looks really like and doesn't do too much. Thankfully they kept the ability to toggle between hardware and software buttons. The file manager is a solid addition as well.

manfestival

not sure what is going on but my galaxy s6 refuses to turn on. Right now I threw it on the charger in hopes that it brings it back to life. Held the power button for a minute. I know the phone had like 40% battery when I last checked....

Do you guys have any suggestions?!

i thought it only checked when you attempted to use your phone?

Well for starters, its not even working while I am at a trusted location. I have added my home address and two buildings beside me so basically three locations in the same spot. It works, then it wont, I add a new location (same just a few meters apart), it works again...and so on.

So I am suspecting it is trying (hard) to locate me but it just fails constantly, all while the device is lying around, connected to wifi and even with gps enabled.

not sure what is going on but my galaxy s6 refuses to turn on. Right now I threw it on the charger in hopes that it brings it back to life. Held the power button for a minute. I know the phone had like 40% battery when I last checked....

Do you guys have any suggestions?!

I haven't had any issues. When you're charging it, does the LED light show up?

Saiyan-Rox

OxygenOS looks like possibly the best skin of Android I've seen thus far. It looks really like and doesn't do too much. Thankfully they kept the ability to toggle between hardware and software buttons. The file manager is a solid addition as well.

um its stock android. apart from some quick settings the whole rom is stock with no théme (that i can see)

Mik317

When is the lg4 coming out?

I will need a new phone soon and I wanted one with a bigger screen than my htc one (not sure which one...not the first one so m7?) and that seems to be a nice non iPhone option

I will need a new phone soon and I wanted one with a bigger screen than my htc one (not sure which one...not the first one so m7?) and that seems to be a nice non iPhone option

Probably May or June. The announcement will be end of the month.

it's not being announced until April 28 so probably May.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well for starters, its not even working while I am at a trusted location. I have added my home address and two buildings beside me so basically three locations in the same spot. It works, then it wont, I add a new location (same just a few meters apart), it works again...and so on.

So I am suspecting it is trying (hard) to locate me but it just fails constantly, all while the device is lying around, connected to wifi and even with gps enabled.

It should let you definea trusted wifi access point. It lets you select trusted bluetooth devices like a watch or car hands free kit, so wifi would be a logical way to determine location

Avixph

Is anyone else with the Galaxy S6 getting their app and Web browser tabs reloaded everytime they spend a few minutes in them and then decide to switch to another tab?

manfestival

I haven't had any issues. When you're charging it, does the LED light show up?
No lights, no reaction, and its well dead.

I think I its battery related. The battery was charged twice but each time the battery was pretty poor and took 6 hours to charge. That is using the charger that came with the phone

My tabs on the Web browsers (Chrome and Samsung browser) and app tabs reload everytime I switch between them.

Using Chrome and I don't have this issue.

Also I reset my S6 this morning after getting the update from Tmo and it seems my battery is doing alittle better. Need more time to test it though.

Rootbeer

Banned
You can try saying "Where's my package?", "Show me my order." or almost anything close to these and Google Now will show you your most recent orders.

You can also ask questions like "Where's my Amazon package?" or "Where's my xyz company package?" if you want to be more specific and it will show only your most recent orders from the specified business.

unfortunately none of those worked, it just brings up google search results for usps.com and stuff.

one package in particular is from amazon so it most definitely should show up. it's in my gmail inbox

What 5.0 jank

Haven't you heard? Android 5.0 is worse than Windows Vista and on par with Windows ME.

Im going to give both of you the benefit of doubt that you arent being serious.

808 son

Get with the times

If you are gonna troll at least be accurate and relatively funny.

You're like an unfunny kehks who messes up the facts all the time. Zzzzz

His point is mostly valid regardless of the accuracy. The lg g4 will be gimped.

How do I do that? If I do a factory reset is there a way to keep my apps (including their data), app folders pictures, call logs, messages, passwords, and WiFi logins.

Not sure about the app data, but if you set up backups via your Google account, the apps will all be saved after the reset. Creating a Samsung account will save your call logs and messages. Alternatively you can use SMS backup for texts.

manfestival

fellow galaxy s6 owners, how long does it take you to go from >5% battery life to full in a charge with the charger than comes in the box

Avixph

Not sure about the app data, but if you set up backups via your Google account, the apps will all be saved after the reset. Creating a Samsung account will save your call logs and messages. Alternatively you can use SMS backup for texts.
What about pictures, documents, app folders, passwords (finger print password, WiFi password)?
Also how will go about doing a factory reset?

What about pictures, documents, app folders, passwords (finger print password, WiFi password)?
Also how will go about doing a factory reset?

Fingerprint you're going to have to set up again and I'm not sure about wifi PW. Pictures and stuff I dunno. Just go to settings > backup and reset.

New leaked photos of Z4. Spoiler:
looks like Z3

GI4jNda.png

Rootbeer

Banned
When I'm signed out of Chrome my bookmarks look like this...

jgeD5GSl.png

When I'm signed in, it looks like this:

I7eq4d0l.png

Totally different look and feel, same app version and everything... what is going on?

Top Bottom