• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Heads up, any Verizon customers with a Note 4 will need to check for Lollipop! Just downloaded it on mine.

EDIT: Wow, some people were right, I definitely notice a bit of jankiness when switching between applications that wasn't there before.

unfortunately none of those worked, it just brings up google search results for usps.com and stuff.

one package in particular is from amazon so it most definitely should show up. it's in my gmail inbox
Well that sucks. It shows my recent orders and tracking every time. Are you using it with English US as the selected language? If it's not that, try:

Customize > Everything else > Continue to get package updates...

And make sure to select, Yes, assuming it's not already.

NEO0MJ

So...while exiting my car my Z3 slipped from my hand and landed screen first on the pavement, cracking the top quarter of the screen. It still works fine, but the touch capability on the top is gone.

I now want to send it for repairs and want to know how to best backup the content inside and then format it so they don't look up what's inside. Any help?

Upgraded my Galaxy S3 to a Nexus. Pretty neat so far, but I'm still getting used to some things. Do they really not have an option to show the battery percentage? What the hell, haha.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So...while exiting my car my Z3 slipped from my hand and landed screen first on the pavement, cracking the top quarter of the screen. It still works fine, but the touch capability on the top is gone.

I now want to send it for repairs and want to know how to best backup the content inside and then format it so they don't look up what's inside. Any help?

I used easy backup when moving from my nexus 4 to z3, but when I set it up and logged in, Google backup restored everything except SMS logs I think. So you should be fine with Google backup and optionally any app that backs up sms logs if you care about those

linkboy

Upgraded my Galaxy S3 to a Nexus. Pretty neat so far, but I'm still getting used to some things. Do they really not have an option to show the battery percentage? What the hell, haha.

What's worse is it in the code, there's just no way to enable it outside of rooting and using Xposed.

Heads up, any Verizon customers with a Note 4 will need to check for Lollipop! Just downloaded it on mine.

EDIT: Wow, some people were right, I definitely notice a bit of jankiness when switching between applications that wasn't there before.

Back your files up and do a factory reset, that will help your phone out a lot.

Saiyan-Rox

It's like Oneplus knew I was thinking about buying one again cause they sent me more invites lol

only active for 2 days though so I can't make use anyway.

Also am I the only one who's getting sick of all the "hows the battery life?" and "I hope this update gives more battery life" posts?

People think that because others get over a day of battery that they will and that's not how it works. everyone uses their phones differently using a varity of different apps so no ones battery will be the same!

Every single forum and every single android thread has someone as these and it's just annoying as hell.

Most reviews are saying the S6 battery life in use is just "good enough" at best, which isn't a bad thing. I'll believe the majority of reviews over that battery test. Not a fan of benchmarking even if it is designed to simulate real world use. I never find them to be very accurate.

Only a half hour less in browsing time than the Droid Turbo? Is the Turbo battery really that shitty?
nope, droid turbo is BEAST battery life according to reviews

Finally got the update for the note 4 here. Samsung took its goddamn sweet time sending out lolipop really.

Odd that there is no silent mode anymore though. I have to lower it down to nothing manually rather than having buttons on the power off screen like last time.

And no fucking Xposed is killing me.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Odd that there is no silent mode anymore though. I have to lower it down to nothing manually rather than having buttons on the power off screen like last time.

I don't know if the S6 has the same thing, but on my Moto X, if I tap the volume down button, I can then tap on the volume icon at the left of the ringer volume slider to bump it down to vibrate.

Wreav

Banned
Only a half hour less in browsing time than the Droid Turbo? Is the Turbo battery really that shitty?

The fuck you on about?

TSyDvXy.jpg

vdlow

The QHD screen destroys the battery. It certainly drains a lot more juice than the S6 panel.

The Droid Turbo/Moto Maxx should beat almost every phone out there on battery life, but the ridiculous standby battery drain and the power-hungry screen kills it.

manfestival

just reinforces the thought that the battery was a dud on my unit. My real world battery life was pretty much as bad as a galaxy s2 from tmobile. My moto g was a better experience

tmobile is overnighting me a new one. They said all preorders are sold out and they were able to snag one of the final ones for me in shipping for the last batch to be sent on monday. Which I feel fortunate, sorry person whom I took your phone but ... the suffering is real

If battery life is better than N6 I any jump in

Right now I am using both a N6 and N5. And N5 has a better screen than N6 I feel. In sunlight I can hardly see my N6 (adaptive on) while N5 looks fine (adaptive on).

Google really needs to deliver big with the next Nexus, I like the stock experience but N6 leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't be a dumbass. 5.0 was completely unfinished and if someone is going to argue that at this point its not worth my time.
It wasn't completely unfinished though. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Yes, lollipop had/has it problems, but that's no different to any other major software release out there, especially ones that were the result of major overhauls. Honestly, you're overreacting, as usual. Many of your posts in this thread read like those of some brat.

They should find a way to include messaging on their tests. I don't know why but on any phone that I've owned whether it's iphone or an android phone, any day where I find myself texting a lot will kill my battery.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They should find a way to include messaging on their tests. I don't know why but on any phone that I've owned whether it's iphone or an android phone, any day where I find myself texting a lot will kill my battery.

That should be covered under web browsing stats.

It wasn't completely unfinished though. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Yes, lollipop had/has it problems, but that's no different to any other major software release out there, especially ones that were the result of major overhauls. Honestly, you're overreacting, as usual. Many of your posts in this thread read like those of some brat.

The same build from back in November is stil running on many nexus devices. You must not own a nexus 4, 7 2013, or 9. It is APRIL

Love wireless charging. I have a slim to average size case on ATM and it charges fine. Bought a second wireless charger for use at work. One is PMA and one is Qi (just happened to work out that way). Fuck wires!

Groof

z4 will be solid, g4 will be amazing, moto x3 will be stellar and the next nexus will be a glorious return to form

Saiyan-Rox

I really dislike the new calendar app on android

try to make an event on one day and it automatically picks the day after >< just tried to make an even on the 20th of April and every time I press the 20th it comes up as the 21st *bangshead*

3phemeral

I really dislike the new calendar app on android

try to make an event on one day and it automatically picks the day after >< just tried to make an even on the 20th of April and every time I press the 20th it comes up as the 21st *bangshead*

If you're looking at the view where you have to scroll downward to view dates, be aware of where that stupid horizontal line (that demarks what day you're on) is positioned. There have been many times I've selected a day only to not realize a tiny sliver of the previous day is visible at the top-most section of the screen, so it assumed I'm editing that calendar date.

It used to be worse, though. When setting appointments using the web version, I would actually enter in a specific date and after saving the event, it would be listed on the day before. It was bizarre.

Yeah but just an solid z4 is boring, Sony is just bland and boring.

LG, I honestly dont see them have it in them to go a step further.

What would ve revolutionary is a Moto X with an decent battery.

Note 5 will save the day

Or camera for that matter. The only things I even have interest in now is the Note 5 and Nexus 7 phone edition.

Groof

wow... mobile phone fanfic

i guess that 4th one could be technically correct if 'return to form' means back to being shit.

just trying to bring some positivity in between all of this shitposting we've been getting too much of lately. this thread is seriously the most depressing shit.

just trying to bring some positivity in between all of this shitposting we've been getting too much of lately. this thread is seriously the most depressing shit.

There is just no confidence in most manufacturers to deliver something new and fresh, it reflects in the general mood.

Even Samsung didn't have the guts to go Edge only.

The antagonism is worse than the phone-bashing. Phone bashing is funny lol. Just wish people wouldn't take it so personally. Android-GAF is the least community of communities ;_;

The S6 is terrible and Nexus 6 is the only good Nexus, but I love you all all the same <3

Groof

There is just no confidence in most manufacturers to deliver something new and fresh, it reflects in the general mood.

Even Samsung didn't have the guts to go Edge only.

then let's try to be hopeful, while keeping expectations low. htc messed up bad, but samsung took a huge step forward. they responded to criticism when everyone thought they wouldn't. the s6 has its issues but overall it's a step in the right direction.

The antagonism is worse than the phone-bashing. Phone bashing is funny lol. Just wish people wouldn't take it so personally. Android-GAF is the least community of communities ;_;

The S6 is terrible and Nexus 6 is the only good Nexus, but I love you all all the same <3
exactly <3 :')

Top Bottom