• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Maybe all's not lost for Samsung fans that want waterproofing and an SD card slot (and longer battery life):

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s6-active-bluetooth-certification-598819/

Not 100% confirmed though.
Sucks that it's left for the active series instead of the new flagship if this is true.

I had no idea you could get banned for making a Polygon joke in a review thread. I never imagined myself getting banned. Pro tip: Don't make jokes in highly anticipated review threads. You have the chance to piss off the wrong mod.

Be careful what you say around here. 5.0 is just fine and bitching about lollipop without justifying everytime is considered bratty.

Sucks that it's left for the active series instead of the new flagship if this is true.

I had no idea you could get banned for making a Polygon joke in a review thread. I never imagined myself getting banned. Pro tip: Don't make jokes in highly anticipated review threads. You have the chance to piss off the wrong mod.

I too was also banned for making a Polygon joke in the Bloodborne review thread lol. I should probably stop posting on the gaming side anyways.

Also lol @ Google. They don't even know what they're doing with Nexus and Android anymore. I swear, Samsung has more of a plan for Android/mobile than Google does.

I too was also banned for making a Polygon joke in the Bloodborne review thread lol. I should probably stop posting on the gaming side anyways.

Also lol @ Google. They don't even know what they're doing with Nexus and Android anymore. I swear, Samsung has more of a plan for Android/mobile than Google does.
We were made as examples ;_;

Sammy is on a mission this quarter. I see a lot of buzz of the six.

manfestival

I claimed my netflix... my first time ever actually having my own netflix account.... lots of stuff I have never gotten around to watching is now on my list. It feels like its going to be forever before I catch up

Yall gone fuck around and get this thread nba/footy gaffed. Chill

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
At first, I approached the N6 size with hesitation. Now, I would be willing to even try a slightly bigger phone. N6 size is great.

Inconsistent application of rules is so weak. It is more common over in gaming. Rule number 1 is to not take a controversial or minority opinion.

To googles credit there is a huge difference between the gpad 8.3 and the nexus 9. The gpad has a run of the mill 32 bit snapdragon. 64 bit Android just must not be fully finished yet.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about the 2013 Nexus 7 and N4.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Friend of mine wants to buy an android phone and she cant decided between nexus6 and note4 what say you gaf? Which one is better

Don't be a drive-by poster with lame jokes, and you won't get banned on this forum.
Sometimes it isn't a drive-by post and more of a question asked in a joking manner.
Friend of mine wants to buy an android phone and she cant decided between nexus6 and note4 what say you gaf? Which one is better
Nexus 6 since it's slightly cheaper but it's pretty good in my opinion. Unless your friend love phones with a lot of features; the Note 4 is your pick.

Groof

CB-fIDWXIAA6CyR.png

F1.8.......

Sometimes it isn't a drive-by post and more of a question asked in a joking manner.

They question should always be if the post adds anything meaningful to the discussion, especially in topics that are going to have a heated "debate". If the answer is "no", then it's not worth it.

Aren't AT&T with PMA and have removed Qi from phones before?

I know that they've removed Qi charging from Lumia phones before and sold a separate PMA cover. Samsung did it best with the S6 and included both standards, thanks to Qualcomm's new chip (I think). I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know that they've removed Qi charging from Lumia phones before and sold a separate PMA cover. Samsung did it best with the S6 and included both standards, thanks to Qualcomm's new chip (I think). I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

ah, so the S6 has both PMA and Qi? In that case AT&T shouldn't need to remove anything, which hopefully means people will be able to use Qi chargers with AT&T S6s.

They question should always be if the post adds anything meaningful to the discussion, especially in topics that are going to have a heated "debate". If the answer is "no", then it's not worth it.

the chipworks teardown showed a lack of Qualcomm inside.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fuck that. I used the Nexus 5 i sold my buddy and kinda missed the size.
Phablets aren't for everyone but people should give them a month of actual use before dismissing them. I'm glad you at least gave it a shot.

terrier

received a small ota that restores silent mode on my note 4. Samsung doing what google should do. It still has priority and do not disturb modes though. SO user choice.
Next step, 5.1 in a few months...

Drifters

received a small ota that restores silent mode on my note 4. Samsung doing what google should do. It still has priority and do not disturb modes though. SO user choice.
Next step, 5.1 in a few months...

7 button clicks of the volume rocker???? SAMMMY PLLZZZZ.

And after that you'll wonder about the next Xperia, then the next Moto X, and then the next Nexus. At some point you just have to buy a phone. :)

True. I gave Oneplus a try and there was hardware jank (thankfully within a month of purchase), so with the return process via paypal it'll be around the time of the G4 announcement anyway

Top Bottom