• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

longdi

Banned
Woooo Sony has released Android 5.02 for my Z2. Got it faster than Z3/Z3C/Note4 locally and no carrier validating wait-time bullshit. I love this new Sony. So far so good, very smooth navigating the UI, feels very light weighted and responsive in comparison with the Note4 and S6.

I guess im good for this year and skipping Z4, unless Sony pulls a magic out of SD810. Considering that Z4 may be our last chance to own a waterproof Sony designed phone. :(

i know this link
but , can i return the device like the first time ?
factory reset will solve it ?

breh,

hit xda forums or do a google search, there's a ton of information on unlocking the bootloader . Your warranty will be void once you do it (there may be methods out there to relock it depending on your device), so make sure it's something you're comfortable with doing

L.O.R.D

Camera shootout between the S6 Edge, iPhone 6, HTC One M9 and Note 4.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...era-comparison-HTC-One-M9-lags-behind_id67882

M9's photos are gross, omg. They did a blind test and Edge won out, I think the Edge is better than the iPhone 6/Note 4 for many of the shots but a few (like the photo with flash) are nicer on the 6. M9 tho...gross.

looking to my m9 now and remembered this

don-amp-039-t-listen-to-them-you-amp-039-re-cute_o_1374103.jpg

Just saw Android Authority's review on the M9, lol, editors choice. Now I'm curious about impressions on the phone.

BTW, even though the chip is now throttled, is it still more powerful than most chips including the 805?

3phemeral

can anyone recommend a decent set of bluetooth earphones? Not big headphones - the smaller earphones.

Yeah, I'm also interested in bluetooth earbuds if anyone can help. Ideally suitable for sports activity (running, cycling etc).

I really love my Jaybirds. Was looking for a decent bluetooth headset for a while and stumbled upon these:

Lc7kRai.jpg

They last for about 6 hours, have endured a bunch of sweat that other bluetooth headphones have literally drowned under (I'm looking at you, Rockfish), are lightweight and have several options of sizes and add-ons that allow you to choose the best combination cling to your ear (and comfortably).

I've used these for anything from weightlifting to rigorous jogs without them popping out. I originally bought them at $90 when they were on sale, but then they dropped to $33 not too long ago (I bought a second pair). It seems the price has rested at $60-ish.

The only negative is the charge cable it comes with it super short, expensive, and doesn't seem to fit snugly. I would recommend getting these $3 cables. You get two, they're lengthy and best of all, fit snugly so you know it's always charging.

Oh damn, so Samsung has finally developed their own modem. I wonder if Qualcomm knows how fucked they are. Cheaper Chinese SoCs like Mediatek and Rockchip are taking over the low end. On the high end, Apple and Samsung are now using their own custom designs from end to end. The only company working on software modems is currently Nvidia even though software modems would be revolutionary in a world where literally every nation has a different LTE band in use.

Even if Qualcomm storms back with a high-performing 64-bit custom ARM SoC design in 2016, the writing is on the wall for them. Without Apple and Samsung, without the volume sales of Chinese handsets, they will be limited to what? LG, HTC, Sony until Sony exits the mobile industry? Qualcomm are so fucked. They can't live on just sales from LG and HTC. They have no markets to expand into now.

All over the ship, dancing through the wreckage
of the Qualcomm computer core,

JEN-HSUN WAS LAUGHING

Intel has a modem too.

the device is out of the box is hot ( doing the transfer from nexus 4 )

still didn't download any update

the nexus 4 is not mine
so the HTC one m9 is my first android device , and the second smart phone i got

some photo taken from HTC 8X

now you know why i picked the gold one

Fuck dude! Why did you take it out of the box, it's going to be harder to return now!

MercuryLS

Banned
Wow those look great especially the Rio and the black themes.

Yeah, the black theme should be great if you want to eek out more battery life from the phone. I like the white theme a lot, that shit's elegant as fuck. I'm really excited for the theming stuff. Man I can't wait to get the S6, hurry up and get here friday.

NotBacon

Most of that is true.
SMS Messaging for sure on Android is hot garbage. And I've tried almost everything.

Hangouts, Textra, HelloSMS, EvolveSMS, Messenger, built in apps on multiple Android phones, etc etc etc. They all suck really bad. Group messaging and MMS is a chore on Android. It's really baffling they still havent made a decent SMS app.
FB Messenger probably came closest out of the bunch to serving as a decent SMS app.
Nope, nope, and nope.

Not sure what you're on.

I don't understand how messaging is hot garbage at all. It was passable on the S4 but i agree that the Samsung messaging app was pretty poor. The stock one in Lollipop is fantastic for me.
Yep.

Android is sorely missing badges on icons, I miss that from iOS a lot - luckily tesla unread handles my main apps for that. I hope they bring that to the core OS in a future update

No no no.
The notification shade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> badges. Learn how to use it properly.

Nope, nope, and nope.

Not sure what you're on.

Yep.

No no no.
The notification shade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> badges. Learn how to use it properly.

Dude has no idea what he's talking about

Textra is amazing, google messenger isn't a slouch, and MMS isn't difficult at all, check the group mms setting and you're good

.... or you can get a phone that puts the training wheels on at every step limiting what youre capable of

No no no.
ahaahahahahhaahahhaaha

why would i want to conveniently see things from any screen via a simple swipe when i can go back to the home screen and check subicons there instead?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Teach me how to use it properly. I like seeing that I have 3 unread mails in Gmail when I'm on the homescreen, not when my phone is locked, or when I drag down the notifications. Although I have a widget for my work email because a badge only shows how many I have, and a notification shade only shows a preview of the most recent single mail I think?

Teach me how to use it properly. I like seeing that I have 3 unread mails in Gmail when I'm on the homescreen, not when my phone is locked, or when I drag down the notifications. Although I have a widget for my work email because a badge only shows how many I have, and a notification shade only shows a preview of the most recent single mail I think?

if you really need to see that, there's an app for that

jesalr

No no no.

I can see the use in badges, when I swipe away a notification, having a way of seeing I have something unread is nice. But definitely Notifications > Badges.

Dude has no idea what he's talking about

Textra is amazing, google messenger isn't a slouch, and MMS isn't difficult at all, check the group mms setting and you're good

.... or you can get a phone that puts the training wheels on at every step limiting what youre capable of
Yeah as soon as he disregarded Textra his editorial was voided in my eyes.

VoxPop

iMessage spoiled me. Hassle free messaging and great group messaging / MMS.

Everything I've used on Android has been subpar including Messenger which I'm using now.

You guys can enjoy it all you want, it just isn't for me.

Everything I've used on Android has been subpar including Messenger which I'm using now.

iMessage is shit.

Oh hey, your friend switched to Android? Well fuck him, I'm gonna keep sending your texts as imessages so no-one gets them. Bwahaha.

MercuryLS

Banned
sounds complicated.

like easily making ringtones. on a computer with itunes.

everything is just so much easier even when it isn't.

You literally have to flick a switch in the settings menu on the iPhone. I realize that people will want to shit on Apple in this thread, but it's dead simple to deregister.

MercuryLS

Banned
I could have swore I saw one of themes that had it in the middle. It could have been my eyes playing tricks on me though.

Some of the themes above have the app drawer icon on the left side, maybe you can move it around? I don't know how it worked with previous Galaxy phones.

GatorBait

Anyone else having their search bar constantly showing "Say OK Google" after the new Search app update? Not sure if bug or feature...

Also, my location-specific Smart Unlock seemed to have stopped working a while ago. Anyone else have a similar problem?

yet you post no valid argument beyond iMessage, as to why these services are subpar.

it's aight if you want to drink to kool-aid, but no need to bullshit about the reason

ito007

Yeah, I'm also interested in bluetooth earbuds if anyone can help. Ideally suitable for sports activity (running, cycling etc).
I have a backbeat fit that's amazing. Bluetooth is rock solid, great fit in the ear, and decent sound quality. The one con is that it isn't really meant to cancel noise like others on its class. It wasn't a con for me since I actually like being able to get a sense of the noise around me, but I know that's a big factor for other

Top Bottom