• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Wreav

Banned
Moto has the twist, Samsung has the double tap, and I'm sure other OEMs have other features. Nothing worth a dedicated button to me.

Pacific Mall (if you live in the GTA) -> Bring cash -> Shop around -> Bargain.

Wish my phone had a camera button :( Or at least double tap to camera.

If I lived in the GTA I would just walk in, shoot the guy, take all the stuff, and leave. It would probably give me 1 star but there's a safe house nearby so I would just go there to reset the popo meter.

Sorry guys I was gone for vacation and forgot to post my impression on the phone.
First thing first anyone that get the edge on Friday make sure to do a full inspection on the screen. Samsung seemed to have screw over some early production edges with quality control. In my unit theres a horizontal small scratch. Only visible depending on how you look at it, but it is deep enough for my fingernail.

Themes: Hands down one of the better option from the phone. Also come with a lot less bloat that Im used from Samsung (Finally).

Charging: Wireless Charging with the Qi samsung charger is simple the phone picks it up right away you don't have to play with the phone position for it to charge. Also quick charge is incredible my phone is fully charge in a bout an hour.

Screen Design: The curve screen really doesn't bring much usability to it. Apart from notification and color coordinating contacts. I also found it difficult sometimes when I was setting up my home screens with app the sensitivity in the screen edge will move my apps to the wrong homepage. I guess that just take practice.

Phone Design: Best Samsung design in years hands down. The Edge is the better looking than the S6.. Only thing I hate was the hideous camera bump.

Camera: Camera the best android camera I've used. You don't have to tweak it each time to get a good picture like 50% of the time I had to do with my Z3. I would put it up there with the Iphone camera in usability and picture quality.

The Bad: Touchwiz has crashed on me like 10 times , but I think thats because I was using another launcher for a bit. It hasn't done it since I switched back.

Come Friday the phone to buy is definitely the S6 EDGE.

Let me know if you guys have any question and Ill try to post a picture of the scratch on the screen so you can see it.

Sorry guys I was gone for vacation and forgot to post my impression on the phone.
First thing first anyone that get the edge on Friday make sure to do a full inspection on the screen. Samsung seemed to have screw over some early production edges with quality control. In my unit theres a horizontal small scratch. Only visible depending on how you look at it, but it is deep enough for my fingernail.

Themes: Hands down one of the better option from the phone. Also come with a lot less bloat that Im used from Samsung (Finally).

Charging: Wireless Charging with the Qi samsung charger is simple the phone picks it up right away you don't have to play with the phone position for it to charge. Also quick charge is incredible my phone is fully charge in a bout an hour.

Screen Design: The curve screen really doesn't bring much usability to it. Apart from notification and color coordinating contacts. I also found it difficult sometimes when I was setting up my home screens with app the sensitivity in the screen edge will move my apps to the wrong homepage. I guess that just take practice.

Phone Design: Best Samsung design in years hands down. The Edge is the better looking than the S6.. Only thing I hate was the hideous camera bump.

Camera: Camera the best android camera I've used. You don't have to tweak it each time to get a good picture like 50% of the time I had to do with my Z3. I would put it up there with the Iphone camera in usability and picture quality.

The Bad: Touchwiz has crashed on me like 10 times , but I think thats because I was using another launcher for a bit. It hasn't done it since I switched back.

Come Friday the phone to buy is definitely the S6 EDGE.

Let me know if you guys have any question and Ill try to post a picture of the scratch on the screen so you can see it.

Is there another phone you could compare similar battery life to?

catmincer

I have gone 24hrs with 5.0.2 on Z2 and my experience is rather pleasing.

No memory leak
No battery drain
Battery life is even longer with web browsing and standby time!
All notifications working as they should
Notifications are louder as they should have been!
Wifi now connects constantly at AC speeds.
Snappy even with transitions/animations on.

Good job Sony ponies!

Do you have a close all apps option in the task switcher?

manfestival

I just can't find anyone offering a 128GB Black/Blue Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge on AT&T. I'm surprised how hard it is to get one of these.

I wish tmobile offered the blue. I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat

so would you all recommend getting a case? I have always loved the natural feel of phones but a part of me is paranoid because of all of the glass

Anyone else annoyed to hell and back from sites like International Business Times AU and India, as well as ChristianToday and similar rehash click baiters?

Something Google really needs to tackle is those SEO abusers that linger on top of news results and inside google now topics. They just change dates almost each day and make it look like they have new news.

Edit: I just ignore them most of the time but now they have invaded my google now...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

MercuryLS

Banned
Those are all fairly awful, but I have hope we'll have a stock 5.0 theme by next Friday. I am curious if you have to be using Touchwiz as the launcher to use those themes, since they touch non-launcher apps as well.

Most of them are pretty bad, it's obvious that they're mostly made for the asian market. I doubt we'll get a stock theme until they open this up to outside devs. You can supposedly use a different launcher (like Nova, Google Now etc) and a theme at the same time, the theme will simply change the inbuilt apps and the notification drawer while the home screen and icons will take on the changes of the launcher.

NotBacon

everything is just so much easier even when it isn't.

Pretty much. I love watching iOS users be dumbfounded when they see just how much more simple my Nexus is. Should have a couple more converts next month lol.

Yeah, but have you seen the page for the review? They put more effort into that than some ad agencies put into their own web pages. Crazy (good).

I busted up when I saw that. The Verge acting like the Apple Watch is the second coming of Jesus....

MercuryLS

Banned
So I put in a preorder on the S6 today just in case. Fuck its so much money, that screen better be like staring into the face of god.

reKon

Banned
Most disappointing thing about the S6 is the battery life. I have the Xperia Z3 Compact so it would really be hard for me to go backwards.. Not that the S6's battery life is bad, but I'm just use to have the best out of any high end smartphone today. I don't mind the lack of SD because 32 GB is the base and I don't download 2GB apps to my phone. Everything else seems pretty great about it: design, camera, screen, speed, and browsing performance.

Top Bottom