• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Fatalah

Do you guys prefer having the camera at the center of your phone, or in a corner?

I've been getting my fingers in pictures like crazy lately (Moto X 2013).

Wreav

Banned
Center is best. The 2013 X had an awful camera placement, though, my finger would always come to rest on the lens instead of the dimple.

Hasney

Ended up ordering a Nexus 6. Pretty convinced by the Sony delay now and even then, I'd have to rely on the Ultra coming out on carriers. HTC cancelled the wrong phone for me, I think seeing that cemented my purchase.

Pachimari

Anyone know why my phone won't turn up in the Windows finder?
It did work before I wiped and installed Lollipop on it.

Now, it's just charging and not showing up on my computer.

Wreav

Banned
You guys like tramp stamps, right?

nexus-6-verizon-logo.jpg

You guys like tramp stamps, right?

nexus-6-verizon-logo.jpg

I'm curious, how has no company matched their coverage yet? If someone like T-mobile had their or near their coverage, Verizon I think would be way more screwed.

But really, why did it wait 4 months to get the phone? Did they test it for 4 months on where to put the logo?

They had a deal with Moto to extend the Nexus release to allow the Droid Turbo to sell a few units.

That is true. Regardless, I think if Verizon wasn't as big as it was, there would be no tramp stamp. Also, I don't get it? I get they are making you advertize, but has it shown in the numbers that it increases their sales? Ruins the looks just to push something that isn't making a difference. So just being dicks then.

Still doesn't take away that I think more companies should be getting more area coverage. My house for T-mobile is in the middle of a signal donut. Where I went to college, basically zero T-mobile coverage.

Sch1sm

Do you guys prefer having the camera at the center of your phone, or in a corner?

Corner. The way I grip my phone, I'd constantly cover the camera if it was centred.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Corner. This middle placement on my Nexus 6 stinks. My finger gets in the photo from time to time. Plus there's that middle dimple that I reach for and my confused finger hits the camera, too.

Corner camera is better!

Also if you're an Android user on Rogers in Canada:

– HTC One M7 update to Android 5.0 Lollipop is “coming soon”
– Samsung Galaxy Note 4 update to Android 5.0 Lollipop is “TBD”
– Samsung Galaxy S5 update to Android 5.0 Lollipop is “coming soon”
– Samsung Galaxy S5 Active update to Android 5.0 Lollipop is “TBD”
– Sony Xperia Z1 update to Android 5.0 Lollipop coming in April
– Sony Xperia Z3 update to Android 5.0 Lollipop coming in March

iavi

After all the back and forth, and initial hesitation over Touchwiz, I jumped from an N5 to Note 4.

Holy fucks this phone is amazing.

Does anyone know how to make text smaller in lollipop?

I updated my rom with one of the nightlies and all the text is noticeably bigger. Can't seem to find a way to make it smaller.

NotBacon

Anyone know why my phone won't turn up in the Windows finder?
It did work before I wiped and installed Lollipop on it.

Now, it's just charging and not showing up on my computer.

Don't know why people are saying to enable usb debugging, that's for using adb and such.

Since it's Windows you'll probably need to install drivers to access through Windows Explorer. Also, go to USB settings on your phone and switch between MTP>PTP and/or vice versa. Sometimes that sparks it to be recognized.

Corner. This middle placement on my Nexus 6 stinks. My finger gets in the photo from time to time. Plus there's that middle dimple that I reach for and my confused finger hits the camera, too.

Cut the finger off, problem solved

Ended up ordering a Nexus 6. Pretty convinced by the Sony delay now and even then, I'd have to rely on the Ultra coming out on carriers. HTC cancelled the wrong phone for me, I think seeing that cemented my purchase.

Brother

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Does anyone know how to make text smaller in lollipop?

I updated my rom with one of the nightlies and all the text is noticeably bigger. Can't seem to find a way to make it smaller.
Check Accessibility Settings maybe.

That is a really large and ugly camera eye.
Do we need such ugliness on our latest phones?

some companies just don't have taste or they just don't care. Not sure which is worse.

Same issue that I keep mentioning with logos on the front of the phone. Terrible.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
some companies just don't have taste or they just don't care. Not sure which is worse.

Same issue that I keep mentioning with logos on the front of the phone. Terrible.

And some companies, like Samsung, neither have good taste nor do they care :p

LG, Sony and HTC logos on the front don't look too bad(possibly because they have short names), but for some reason the Samsung logo looks hideous on the front of Galaxy phones, for me at least.

Danj

Anyone know a free app that would let me remote desktop to my mom's phone, so I can sort her phone issues out?

RedFyn

Still doesn't take away that I think more companies should be getting more area coverage. My house for T-mobile is in the middle of a signal donut. Where I went to college, basically zero T-mobile coverage.
This is what WiFi calling is for. They've been greatly expanding their coverage but for the places they haven't yet reached they are trying to compensate with the hope that you have WiFi.

Jigolo

It's not what's wrong with me, it's what's wrong with ANDROID. CLEARLY.

lol I feel you though. I get a tendency to switch phones every time I get hyped for a new one. In reality though...

Tmobile G2 --> Galaxy Nexus --> Nexus 5 (current) --> HTC M10 (FinFet 14nm chips and USB TYPE-C)

I feel like I will never get a Samsung Phone not because of design or software, but because they have the back button on the wrong side of the phone. I will never be able to adapt to that shit.

I feel like I will never get a Samsung Phone not because of design or software, but because they have the back button on the wrong side of the phone. I will never be able to adapt to that shit.
I was almost going to say something similar then I realized I owned a galaxy nexus and a nexus s at one point or another!

Top Bottom