• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got that free $6 Play Credit via Chromecast offers mmmm

img_20150206_201214no7nzcu.jpg

I feel like I will never get a Samsung Phone not because of design or software, but because they have the back button on the wrong side of the phone. I will never be able to adapt to that shit.

It's not a matter of adapting to it; it's whether Samsung will fix their mistake or leave it. It is on the wrong side.

mmmm got my $6 credit.

Also motorola taking shots at Samsung:

“Every seven years, the person who’s been on top of the market has gone away. We are going through one of those fascinating shifts where people are starting to realize that you don’t need to pay $600 for a top-tier phone to get a top-tier experience,” said Rick Osterloh.

Pachimari

Don't know why people are saying to enable usb debugging, that's for using adb and such.

Since it's Windows you'll probably need to install drivers to access through Windows Explorer. Also, go to USB settings on your phone and switch between MTP>PTP and/or vice versa. Sometimes that sparks it to be recognized.

Alright, I turned off USB debugging but where do I find this USB setting (MTP>PTP)?

I have even installed a USB driver from their website and it still doesn't show up in Windows Explorer.

Hmm...

Husker86

Alright, I turned off USB debugging but where do I find this USB setting (MTP>PTP)?

I have even installed a USB driver from their website and it still doesn't show up in Windows Explorer.

Hmm...

Settings->Storage then click menu (or overflow 3-dot button) and select USB Computer Connection.

I've had my Nexus 5 not show up sometimes. I just uninstalled whatever was showing up in Device Manager when I plugged the phone in, then unplug and replug in and have Windows install the driver.

Pachimari

Settings->Storage then click menu (or overflow 3-dot button) and select USB Computer Connection.

I've had my Nexus 5 not show up sometimes. I just uninstalled whatever was showing up in Device Manager when I plugged the phone in, then unplug and replug in and have Windows install the driver.

There's no menu option in Storage here. I'm on a LG G3 with Lollipop.
I can't seem to figure out, what shows up in my Device Manager when I connect my phone.

[edit]
I figured it out. I had to tap on "USB options" in the notification, and then choose MTP from there. It installed the necessary drivers and it now shows up.

grmlin

Today I tried PS4 Remote Play with my S4 running Lollipop. Good stuff! I don't think an iPhone is an option anymore now...

Now I have to figure out how to use a DS4 with it.

It's not a matter of adapting to it; it's whether Samsung will fix their mistake or leave it. It is on the wrong side.
Pretty much every Chinese manufacturer does it too.

I'm guessing it is just an Asian thing, or they all decided to copy Samsung.

At least some of them let you customise the layout if they have on screen buttons.

grmlin

You need to root. or use the 2nd PS4 account trick, but that connects the DS4 to the PS4...

Ah, thanks. 2nd account is not an option, my bed is not in ps4 Bluetooth range ;-)

I have to use the sixaxis app, right? Need to order an otg USB cable first. The cable is used for pairing and can be disconnected afterwards?

Anyone using it with a nexus 6?

I just want to fast forward to july ish. Isn't that when the moto x 2014 leaked originally? By then that should happen again also the one plus 2 and also some nexus rumours. Samesung/Lgeeezz/HTCuLata snooooozeeee.

#sickBurn

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That battery wouldn't be that bad if they stick with 1080p. The CPU and display should be more efficient then what's in the 2014.

You mean like the same shit we heard about Volta? Don't worry NEXT year shit'll be fixed so you can make do with that shitty battery capacity.

L M F A O

That battery wouldn't be that bad if they stick with 1080p. The CPU and display should be more efficient then what's in the 2014.
I still feel like it's too little for 2015 for a screen size above 5 inches at anything 1080p or higher. I'm not saying it needs to be a turbo 3300mah+ whatever it is these days. But at least 2800mah. Don't let a brother down.

Also wouldn't mind if they played around with the design language a tiny bit. But that's a nitpick.

Top Bottom